Thread: SUSPENSION HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Saint

Default SUSPENSION HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have a loud popping sound coming from my front right suspension whenever I go over speed bumps and on occasion will pop when making either a right or left hand turn. Does anyone know what may be the problem? One person said it could be because I’m using cut factory bump stops with aftermarket shocks/springs but the problem has just started and I’ve been riding on the setup for over a year. Help.

Saint

Well I’ve tried tightening the lug nuts and it’s still popping even when I put on the breaks … I guess I’ll just take it somewhere to get it looked at … any good suspension places?

is it one big pop, or a series of little pops? does it pop every time the wheel makes a revolution, does it pop when the suspension compresses or expands? a pop noise isn't specific enough.

Saint

Well it's one big pop and it only pops when I go over speed bumps really ... and it happens right after I go over the bump so I guess when the shock expands ... I don’t know. I guess I’m just going to take it to a shop tomorrow.

it could be that your springs have came out of the grove. but best bet would be taking it to the shop.