Thread: Wet or Dry Nitrous

Vtecing is my HOBBY!!!

Default Wet or Dry Nitrous

Whats better for a single cam as far as spraying?? Wet shot or dry?? It will be 50 shot just wondering if wet was better or dry??? Also which one is safer??

NAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Vtecing is my HOBBY!!!

???

OLDSCHOOLRULEZ

on a dry set up you are giving the ecu control over the amount of fuel delivered. you will have a very lean condition until the ecu reads and adjusts.

in a wet system you are providing both the no2 and fuel, meaning the engine never should go lean.

for true longevity and dependability go wet. initial investment is more but you need not worry about leaning out to the point of detonation
    IF IGNORANCE IS BLISS, THERE ARE MANY HAPPY PEOPLE OUT THERE

Drifter/Kneedragger

Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    on a dry set up you are giving the ecu control over the amount of fuel delivered. you will have a very lean condition until the ecu reads and adjusts.

in a wet system you are providing both the no2 and fuel, meaning the engine never should go lean.

for true longevity and dependability go wet. initial investment is more but you need not worry about leaning out to the point of detonation

this is correct. if you run a dry kit generally you'll have some sort of control over the ECU to tune for the nitrous delivery (both the extra fuel needed and it's generally good to retard the timing a bit as well). dry kits can be tuned a bit more precisely than a wet kit, but again you have to have some sort of ECU control to really take advantage of it. wet kits are far more plug and play to get it working right.

I would say if the motor is all stock why even put a shot of nawz on it? but if you won't a shot a dry 50 would be sufficient...
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

and if you want...go by this months issue of D-Sport..they ahve a complete write up and break down on every Nitrous system on the market currently...recomends what is best for what setup....

known as Charles

The only dry kit I would use is the Zex because it actually raises the fuel pressure to add the extra fuel. I have used this on a few different cars and they work just fine as long as you stay with the 50 shot. Most people will want to go up on the shot and THEN blow something up. If you have the budget just go with the wet kit and have it tuned (adjusting jet size for proper afr). The d-series do well with N2O.
    Main Stream Performance
    Don't make excuses...Make Power

Digital Box Tuning (Scttydb411)

www.mainstreamperformance.com

MSSracing.com

true.. that's what i have always been told that D-series can handle Nitrous the best outta all honda motors

Vtecing is my HOBBY!!!

4 real??

yeah...but honestly...spraying a stock motor is kinda dumb imo