Thread: help on ambering corners

RE30

Default help on ambering corners

wussup ia? does anyone have any idea how to amber out corners? i would have gone ahead and bought them but they don't offer it for s14 zenkis.
    i have seen it been done and also i have heard rumors but i havent been able to find any of the materials i need to do it. ANY help would be appreciated. just lmk thx alot people

Here's what I did for my DIY JDM Amber side markers on my EP...should work the same...

Go buy some RIT sunshine orange dye and mix it up really concentrated...I used like 1/3-1/4 of the amount of water they recommended for use on plastic. I put my ingredients into a small Pyrex bowl and put it on the stove over very low heat. I had just enough heat to see the mixture slowly churning. There was no bubbling or boiling at all. Make sure you use a vessel that will allow you to submerge them completely in the mix. I mixed them around with the chop sticks every 5-10 minutes for about 45 minutes. [Wash your hands after every mixing. This stuff will stain your skin.] I took them out of the bath and put them into a bowl of clean cold water. I let the water run over them until it ran clear. Let them dry before you install the bulbs and reinstall them on your car.

Left is a real JDM factory amber, right is DIY.

RE30

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KPowerEP3 again.

wow, sounds so complicated but looks fu*king amazing. think u can break it down a little bit more? and i will rep u whenever i can. thanks ALOT though....

PRO desi

wow.. i like. i think ill rep you even though i dont need to do this hehe

ahaha i know someone who made jdm integra tails. well he didnt make it.. HE SPRAYED PAINTED RED> lol i think it was some stain glass paint.. haha....
    I give out reps....

RE30

Quote Originally Posted by khaxnguyen
    ahaha i know someone who made jdm integra tails. well he didnt make it.. HE SPRAYED PAINTED RED> lol i think it was some stain glass paint.. haha....
    yeh i know what u are talking about. lol but i found out how to do it

PRO desi

can this be done to fog lights? not ambering... but like jdming? lol. coating them yellow?

RE30

well im doin them right now. ill post up pics if it turns out good.

PRO desi

mkay