Thread: SOHC y7 question?????

Question SOHC y7 question?????

Ok I got a question for all u single cam guys. My DD is a 96 DX with the D16y7 in it and I hate the cat being in the engine bay, I thinks thats just a really stupid design that honda did. So i want to just get rid of it. I don't know if a Y8 EX header will bolt right up to the DX exhuast or could I do an EX header with a test pipe. IDK all I want to do is get rid of the cat. I used to have a 97 DX, and when I got it, it already had a header with a test pipe and exhaust, and it got about 8 more MPG then this one, but none of it was factory stuff so thats why I'm asking this, THANKS for any help u may have and reps will be given.......
    -If You Own A Honda And Say "Headers", Go Jump Off Bridge...........

when i was n/a i added a dc header for a ex (y8), high flow cat, and greddy evo catback for the ex chassis.
    MAINSTREAM PERFORMANCE & DIGITAL BOX TUNING
    ECU CHIPPING/SOCKETING/TUNING-HONDATA, CROME, BRE, TURBOEDIT
    HONDATA DEALER/TUNER
    NISSAN REALTIME-NISTUNE
    MITSUBISHI AND SUBARU TUNING AVAILABLE!

A y8 header will fit no problem on the head but I cant seem to remember if the y7 cars have a flange in the same location as the y8 cars for the exhaust...?

Yea I know they fit the head and I don't feel like buying header,test pipe, and exhuast... Does anyone have any experience in this?????

nobody