Thread: EG trans mount mod???

IFUKSWITYA

Default EG trans mount mod???

Ok I have heard about doin this but I didn't know if it was necessary. My buddy has a auto eg that he is converting to 5 speed. I know that when you look at the body part of the trans mount, it looks angled up. And on a manual is level. Can't you just notch the bottom of the mount, hammer it down(til it's level) and reweld it to the car. Can anyone help me to if this is an exceptable modification? Thanks guys

Why not save alot of time and headache and buy the auto to manual trans mount??

Seems to me that hammering and rewelding could potentially be a pretty bad idea. Just my opinion though.

the duckster

Quote Originally Posted by Dirka Dirka View Post
    Why not save alot of time and headache and buy the auto to manual trans mount??

Seems to me that hammering and rewelding could potentially be a pretty bad idea. Just my opinion though.

^

Race Ready Developments Member #5

Rome Crew

way easier too, and you aren't just going to be able to hammer it down. I've done the conversion before and just spend the 130 and get if over with.
    My line of work
    www.internationaljets.com

drill out the passenger mount and replace it with a manual one

IFUKSWITYA

Default Bump

I would love to buy the mount but like alot of other people. I am currently unemployed and it just doesnt fit the budget. I've thought about drilling and exchanging it with a manual mount. If you cut it up to the top flange. You can hammer it down. You just have the bolt the mount in so goes down even. Thanks guys. Your opinions are greatly appreciated and I'm open to more.

the manual tran bracket is like 30$ from honda,

IA Member

I bought that auto to manual trans mount from a reputable shop in CA like 10 years ago and the damn thing didnt even come close to fitting so we drilled out the auto bracket and welded in the manual bracket. It was a lot cheaper and would've saved a lot of down time if I went this route the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxOn20s View Post
    I bought that auto to manual trans mount from a reputable shop in CA like 10 years ago and the damn thing didnt even come close to fitting so we drilled out the auto bracket and welded in the manual bracket. It was a lot cheaper and would've saved a lot of down time if I went this route the first time.
    yeap, bracket is only like 30$ at the dealer