Thread: No longer turbo S-10...

Toyota Tech

Default No longer turbo S-10...

So, after finding out how hard it would be to build a motor for my 2.2 in my s10 to run more boost, I decided to swap it out. My original plan was a ecotec swap and boost to 500hp, had the engine and all but decided to go v8 at the last minute. So got a 06 5.3 with 40k miles, and got it slapped in there. I used Current Performance Wiring for most of the conversion parts, the incore radiator/fan/ac condesnor setup, the high mount a/c compressor, engine mounts, H3 oil pan, shorty ceramic coated headers and wiring harness and computer. Everything works just like factory, a/c, heat, cruise, p/s. You can't even tell inside the truck whats under the hood. My goal is still 500whp, so I will be tossing a kenne bell on top of it pretty soon. I just got the exhaust done yesterday, y-pipe to a magnaflow. I still got to get it tuned and dyno'd, hopefully next weekend. I got a custom comp cam in it, its more setup for the coming s/c then n/a, but still gives it a great sound and its worlds better than the factory one. And i still got to make a air intake lol. Front suspension is next, it dropped my truck 3-4 inches, which gives it a awesome looking tuck but is way to low for my daily driving habits.

So some pictures, no beauty shots I still got to clean truck and take some completed ones now. I am running the 4l60e, I swapped from my 5 speed. Using a center console and shifter out of a oldsmobile bravada so don't mind the wood grain, going to have it recovered when I finish my interior. Clean done pics will be up here soon, then hopefully dyno numbers. I am shooting for 290-300whp tuned.

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

very nice!

awesome!!

Definitely a hot piece.

looks good
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

VERY NEAT

Toyota Tech

Thanks for the comments. I just finished relocating my batt to my bed yesterday, still got to make an intake and then it will be off to tune and dyno it.

General Tech Hater

In for updates and full truck pics.
    Official "Delete the clubs/crew section of IA" Member #1

Quote Originally Posted by chouston86 View Post
    So this is how it goes down when I beat you I want the cash and the respect. To some people thats more important. Sounds familiar?

give me that truck now!!!!!

lol j/k... sick truck man great work!!

Toyota Tech

As a update, I just got home from getting it tuned/dyno. It was running super rich, when we started off it made 220hp. After a few hours of tuning I left today with it at 320whp/327lbs. It runs awesome. I can't believe the power it picked up from just a cam. I got a dyno sheet but too lazy to take a pic right now, I will tommorow with some finished ones of the engine bay. I love it, it feels great. Now to swap out the rear end and get ready to supercharge it lol.

Toyota Tech

Finished engine bay

Moog front-end kit

Spohn Lower Control Arm

Spohn Upper Control Arm

QA1s

All installed
    2010 Scion xB

sick. i really was going to do this swap till all the little things started to add up for it. ill do an lsx swap later in life when money is more stable. plan jane SBC is probably what i will do. nice truck bro.