Thread: any one know how to wire fog lights

Certified Gearhead

Default any one know how to wire fog lights

Just got some fogs for my 99-00 civic but the person who sold them to me didn't have a harness. I figured its not to hard to wire them up does any one know exactly how to make my own harness and do I need a relay?

you live and learn Theycall_Metue's Avatar

harness? wire coming out of the fog or the harness that connect the switch?
    not hard, when i bought my si fogs for my civic. the switch harness was bad so bought a tuggle switch from wal-mart and wire it to there.
    where you located? i can probably stop by, have to run to DYNAMIC SOUND and grab some hid, can stop on the way
    oh btw, i believe there isnt any fogs for 99-00 civic, unless its si. will probably have to cut bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Eman_jDm View Post
    Just got some fogs for my 99-00 civic but the person who sold them to me didn't have a harness. I figured its not to hard to wire them up does any one know exactly how to make my own harness and do I need a relay?
    is easy... if you want them to go on when your parking lights go on which is the most common..
    then cut the wire for the parking lights and connect them with the wires form the fogs...

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    is easy... if you want them to go on when your parking lights go on which is the most common..
    then cut the wire for the parking lights and connect them with the wires form the fogs...
    Or he could wire it up so he can turn them on and off when there is actually... Oh, I dunno...

FOG!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Or he could wire it up so he can turn them on and off when there is actually... Oh, I dunno...

FOG!!!!
    this.
    Correct Fitment Crew CEO
    Because Only Turds Should be Dumped and Flushed.
    2012 Hyundai Veloster / 1960 Fiat 600D

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post

FOG!!!!
    y such a smart response bro. most ppl i see want it more for show not for fog... so they wire it with the parking lights which is what I think he is trying to do.

Certified Gearhead

Yea I want them to turn on and off when I want not with the parking lights. Also forgot to mention I have hid bulbs if that makes a difference? Just want to know how to wire them and I have toggle switches. Also do I really need a relay?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman_jDm View Post
    Yea I want them to turn on and off when I want not with the parking lights. Also forgot to mention I have hid bulbs if that makes a difference? Just want to know how to wire them and I have toggle switches. Also do I really need a relay?
    ok sorry then...

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    y such a smart response bro. most ppl i see want it more for show not for fog... so they wire it with the parking lights which is what I think he is trying to do.
    your rite most ppl do use them just for looks.... and to be honest they really dont help to much in FOG....H.I.D head lights help alot better.

turbos

this should help.............go to honda and get what u r missing.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ...cfoglights.pdf
    TOO BIG