Thread: HOLY COP CHASE BATMAN!

Exclamation HOLY COP CHASE BATMAN!

so I' crusin up I-85 about 30min ago and I see this motorcycle fly by me like I was sitting still and I'm doing about 80mhp. for a sec I think wow that guy's flyin! then WOOSH! WOOSH! WOOSH!!! about 5 cops fly(some Dekalb not sure about the others) by me too. I lose them about 2mi b4 the Steve Reynolds exit. as I'm approaching the exit I see a Helio with a spot light scaning the ground. well to make it short there were at the very least 12 cops on the Steve R. exit and from what I could tell the guy crashed. it was a shit storm up there.

anyways just thought I'd share g-night all and drive safe
    www.fairtax.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)

damn.....that's must be crazy. I guess the biker is toasted? I pray that he's okay though. A human life > *.

When negotiations fail... Ruiner's Avatar

Another biker trying to run. When will the bikers learn that while you can outrun the cruisers, you will have one hell of a time outrunning the copter and an even harder time outrunning Motorola.
    AIM: RuinerTT
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Quote Originally Posted by ATK_Designs
    damn.....that's must be crazy. I guess the biker is toasted? I pray that he's okay though. A human life > *.
    I disagree. There are some human lives that do not need to be on this earth as they only add pain, suffering, and various other bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner
    I disagree. There are some human lives that do not need to be on this earth as they only add pain, suffering, and various other bad things.
    Well, if you think of it that way, it's true. But since I believe in 2nd chance, I'd give them the opportunity. And in this case, a life is worthy

Vick?^^^

damn again I almost thought this was a repost. i mean i like bikes but some crotch rockets think they're invincible. its about as bad as ricers thinking a a body kit givin them 30 more whp! Dude when are folks goin to learn. i mean race and speed but be safe about it. Dont go showin off or doin somethin stupid. maybe this guy was another drug dealer. I dunno Gwinnett is weird somedays..

^ agreed. Not to mention, Public roads aren't made for Road racing, regardless how invincible you are. 1 minor rock and you're a dead meat.

Yeah especially on bikes there's a reason most folks jokingly call them organ donors.. I'd rather wreck doin 60 in a car than 60 on a bike. At least I have a chance of living and not donating my body to paint another traffic lane in the wrong color.

i was cruising up 75 the other night in my miata with the top down doing around 70 and this bike going at least twice my speed went by on the lane right next to me, making me almost shit my pants. this was right before one of those tighter turns on the highway, which are ok at 80mph (but not at 150mph) and i saw the dumbass (who obviously underestimated the turn) knee drag from one of the outer most lanes all the way out accross all lanes and into the shoulder to about 5 ft from the center wall. he must have seriouly shat his pants.

if he had hit my little miata at that speed i would have probably died. i have no respect for these people.

IA's official battery rep gtikid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by {X}Echo419
    so I' crusin up I-85 about 30min ago and I see this motorcycle fly by me like I was sitting still and I'm doing about 80mhp. for a sec I think wow that guy's flyin! then WOOSH! WOOSH! WOOSH!!! about 5 cops fly(some Dekalb not sure about the others) by me too. I lose them about 2mi b4 the Steve Reynolds exit. as I'm approaching the exit I see a Helio with a spot light scaning the ground. well to make it short there were at the very least 12 cops on the Steve R. exit and from what I could tell the guy crashed. it was a shit storm up there.

anyways just thought I'd share g-night all and drive safe
    I saw all those cops off steve reynolds but had no idea what was going on...thanks for the info

FUCK GRAN TURISMO EAST!! NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR THERE, ESPECIALLY NOT FOR AN ALIGNMENT!! TERRIBLE BUSINESS!!

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

they had some crack down on bikers thing tonight on fox news,

I learned my lesson

what irks me the most is bikers who don't wear the proper equipment. I understand that yes, it might be hot and uncomfortable, but shit, you hit the ground....

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

mah, i dont think we should have helmet laws either... or seatbelt laws. If you're dumb enough to to around with out either one, and you're dumbass gets fucked up... obviously you are not smart enough to pass on your genes.

Quote Originally Posted by ATK_Designs
    Well, if you think of it that way, it's true. But since I believe in 2nd chance, I'd give them the opportunity. And in this case, a life is worthy
    Depending on their crimes, some people should not get a second chance.

I think i heard it on the radio about the chase this morning. From what they're reporting, the rider is gone

There was a bike wreck on Hwy.20 Sunday. Looked like he laid it down, then rolled, hit the aluminum guardrail, and bounced off into the woods.

that was in the news this morning

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

ok yeah so the guy shouldn't have ran but with bikes in particular chasing is just a bad idea.
    I guess the gov't thinks it's more important to give somebody a speeding ticket.
    www.fairtax.org

yeah I seriously wonder about cop logic somedays.. Gotta ask my cousin he's one up in NJ

when I was applying to the Marietta PD I was talking to a Cowetta Co sherif and he sai in situations like that he just gets their license plate # and catches them later. Deputy, "why risk death or damage?"
    www.fairtax.org

when I was applying to the Marietta PD I was talking to a Cowetta Co sherif and he sai in situations like that he just gets their license plate # and catches them later. Deputy, "why risk death or damage?"
    Bikers with the mentality to run, dont show there licence plate at all. Hidden deep in the wheel well.

How can you give them a ticket later if you can't prove who was riding? Helmets block out your head/face. They would never get a conviction.

Why risk it? Simple: if bikers know that they will get away and they know that they cannot be identified (I could easily claim that someone else had my bike), ALL bikers will run. I'm sorry, but you can't give bikers a free pass to run just 'cause they are on bikes.

The truth of the matter is that the biker that was running was responsible for his/her OWN actions. They made the decision to run, not the cops. They are 100% responsible for doing so. The person who ran had the option to pull over, but didn't. That is nobody's fault but that of the biker's. I'm sorry, but I don't buy that shit-logic.

[/thread]

All Motor.. For Now

ill have the news on 11 thanks man

How can you give them a ticket later if you can't prove who was riding? Helmets block out your head/face. They would never get a conviction.

Why risk it? Simple: if bikers know that they will get away and they know that they cannot be identified (I could easily claim that someone else had my bike), ALL bikers will run. I'm sorry, but you can't give bikers a free pass to run just 'cause they are on bikes.

The truth of the matter is that the biker that was running was responsible for his/her OWN actions. They made the decision to run, not the cops. They are 100% responsible for doing so. The person who ran had the option to pull over, but didn't. That is nobody's fault but that of the biker's. I'm sorry, but I don't buy that shit-logic.

[/thread]
    well I'm sure that you'd have to provide the name/etc of the person that was ridding your bike and what not. and I don't know about you but I can't think of anybody that's willing to take the fall for me in a chase like that.

no shit it was the bikers fault. I didn't need clairfication. maybe giving somebody a ticket is not worth them losing their life. hoiwever ignorant of that fact they may be. that person may have been behaving like an idot but they might mean something more to someone else. something worth more than a ticket. alot of people have driven like idots and some have almost lost their life doing so

so give me a break pal. reality isn't as clear when you're up on that high horse
    www.fairtax.org

i was talkin to some guys on windward and ridin 600s and they said they hadnt even gotten their license yet
    RIP RSX
    Current-G35 (Stance)(SPC)(Borla)(Stillen)(Hotchkis)etc etc...

well I'm sure that you'd have to provide the name/etc of the person that was ridding your bike and what not. and I don't know about you but I can't think of anybody that's willing to take the fall for me in a chase like that.

no shit it was the bikers fault. I didn't need clairfication. maybe giving somebody a ticket is not worth them losing their life. hoiwever ignorant of that fact they may be. that person may have been behaving like an idot but they might mean something more to someone else. something worth more than a ticket. alot of people have driven like idots and some have almost lost their life doing so

so give me a break pal. reality isn't as clear when you're up on that high horse
    So wait, what if you don't give the name? What if you said that you let some guy that was looking to buy it borrow it? What if you said it could be a group of friends? See where I am getting here? There is a reason why a "red light" camera ticket is not a moving violation. Do the cops come after you for those? No.

Okay, next point: when you come from a legal family of lawyers and judges, reality is VERY clear when the law is concerned. It has nothing to do with a high horse so much as you trying to RATIONALIZE and JUSTIFY this person's actions for whatever reason you make choose. He was wrong. There is no mistaken that. He is responsible for the consequences of his actions. I'm sorry that other people care about him, but that is not an excuse for the cops not to give chase.

cop - "Oh, wait, someone cares about him. This fucktard that is running from us might have a family. Yeah, we can't give chase..."

Give me a break...

So wait, what if you don't give the name? What if you said that you let some guy that was looking to buy it borrow it? What if you said it could be a group of friends? See where I am getting here? There is a reason why a "red light" camera ticket is not a moving violation. Do the cops come after you for those? No.
    I don't know ubstruction of justice or maybe failure to cooperate with law enforcement.

Okay, next point: when you come from a legal family of lawyers and judges, reality is VERY clear when the law is concerned. It has nothing to do with a high horse so much as you trying to RATIONALIZE and JUSTIFY this person's actions for whatever reason you make choose. He was wrong. There is no mistaken that. He is responsible for the consequences of his actions. I'm sorry that other people care about him, but that is not an excuse for the cops not to give chase.

cop - "Oh, wait, someone cares about him. This fucktard that is running from us might have a family. Yeah, we can't give chase..."

Give me a break...
    do you really have to mention that people in your family are in the legal field in every damn thread? how does that qualify you? my mom is a nurse and you don't see my ass giving people legal advise.

"so officer what was the purpose of your chase that resulted in the suspect hitting your car and his death?"
    "duh...uh.... I was going to give him a speeding ticket."

I wasn't justifing his actions. I was merely comparing the value of life compared to a traffic citation. and the statment of somebody(a sherrif's deputy) to you someone that is NOT in law enforcement.

christ! it's not like he was an armed robbery suspect of a murder suspect.
    www.fairtax.org

christ! it's not like he was an armed robbery suspect of a murder suspect.
    How does the cop know that? He could be a serial killer escaped from prision and on the loose. Anything is possible, probable... no, but you never know and neither does the cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova
    How does the cop know that? He could be a serial killer escaped from prision and on the loose. Anything is possible, probable... no, but you never know and neither does the cop.
    well i mean it wasn't like there was an APB on him. and if you don't know what that I'm sure Ruiner will call his uncle and tell us
    www.fairtax.org

well i mean it wasn't like there was an APB on him. and if you don't know what that I'm sure Ruiner will call his uncle and tell us
    Are you THAT thick headed? What do you not understand about giving "bikers a free pass" when they aren't chased?

There is really no in-between. Either you chase or you don't for speeding. You can't get them after the fact.

So, Mr. Smart Ass, tell me what should be done:

1. Chase bikers that speed and run.

2. Don't chase bikers that speed and run - word will get around and they will all run knowing that they won't be chased.

You can't not chase them and then arrest them later as you can't prove who was driving the bike. Remember, the burden of proof is on the courts.

What do you do, what DO you do?

Call Keanu Reeves?

Certified Gearhead

Rarely does the cop that clocks a bike chase them. They typically radio ahead and hope someone can catch the rider down the road.

Are you THAT thick headed? What do you not understand about giving "bikers a free pass" when they aren't chased?

There is really no in-between. Either you chase or you don't for speeding. You can't get them after the fact.

So, Mr. Smart Ass, tell me what should be done:

1. Chase bikers that speed and run.

2. Don't chase bikers that speed and run - word will get around and they will all run knowing that they won't be chased.

You can't not chase them and then arrest them later as you can't prove who was driving the bike. Remember, the burden of proof is on the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by keevo54
    Rarely does the cop that clocks a bike chase them. They typically radio ahead and hope someone can catch the rider down the road.
    that's what someone in law enforcement told me once.....
    www.fairtax.org

what would be fucked up is if a cop tried doing the pit maneuver on a bike.. lawsuit?
    You know better; next time will be a ban.