Thread: problem with aftermarket headers

Exclamation problem with aftermarket headers

i have an ebay ordered header for my 93 DA, they are for the 93. they fit on the exhaust manifold perfect and everything THE ONLY PROBLEM! is it will not connect to my cat. its about 5-6 inches off and when compared to my stock headers they are shorter than my stock ones WHAT DO I DO?? im wondering if i should return them OR has anyone had this problem before and know of any little modifying that needs to be done for them to fit..maybe move something around or something...any info would help thanks i.a

Barefoot Motorsports

welcome to buying cheap ebay parts. take the car to an exhaust shop and let them do what they do.

Road to All Motor10s *EFilliated*'s Avatar

x2. just get the rest welded

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    welcome to buying cheap ebay parts. take the car to an exhaust shop and let them do what they do.
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    x2 Got a set for a 2g eclipse and they touched the fan shrouds when installed, ended up trimming the shrouds. I won't buy anything else off there.
    2007 Civic FA1 and 2005 Yukon XL Denali

Is your exhaust aftermarket also?

what kind of headers did you get tho? because i ordered my 4-1 header off ebay and they didnt fit either, but then i checked the add again and i saw they were JDM spec and needed a 2.5in cat. alot of ebay headers dont fit stock exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by ls-r teg
    damn, i want that penis

Barefoot Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDeMoN View Post
    is it will not connect to my cat. its about 5-6 inches off and when compared to my stock headers they are shorter than my stock ones
    Quote Originally Posted by marcos713 View Post
    what kind of headers did you get tho? because i ordered my 4-1 header off ebay and they didnt fit either, but then i checked the add again and i saw they were JDM spec and needed a 2.5in cat. alot of ebay headers dont fit stock exhaust.
    so not it. he needs a flex pipe fitted for gap from the header to the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    Is your exhaust aftermarket also?
    my exhaust is also after market its is obx as well as the cat. the headers were the cheap speeddaddy brand i thought they looked pretty good for the price so i got them

yeah my cat is high flow with the 2.5 inlet and outlet if my headers reached everything would fit perfect..but i think im going to go with the welding idea hopefully that should work

Just go to an exhaust shop and have them add an extension piece to your header. Problem solved.

heres the link of a picture of what kind of headers they are.
    http://www.dnamotoring.com/speeddadd...HDS-AI92RS.jpg

Exclamation 90-91 teggy header 4 grabs!

here are some 90-91 ceramic black headers i also ordered these thinking that 90-93 headers were all the same but there not..93 has the sensor on the begging of the header before the cat 90-91 doesnt..but if anyone here has a 92-93 STOCK header WITH STOCK CAT. connected i will do even trade. i just need to connect the stock ones to drive it to a muffler shop for now and get it running..let me know thanx i.a

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...1&d=1261421710
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blkheader-jpg