Thread: spark plug/distributor

Is not a male

Default spark plug/distributor

So I believe I got water in the distributor today when I was washing the engine bay, I wasn't paying attention and just done it. The motor starts and runs but it sounds like its bogged down, like im starting from 4th gear or something. I parked it and unplugged the spark plug cables from the valve cover, and my sister got the smart idea to just unplug them from the distributor too and now I dont know which plugs go where on the distributor, or if it even matters. Any help would be good, thanks.

...no, it's not a VR-4 3kgtdrvr's Avatar

is it a 4 banger? what car year model all that...and if u got water in the distributor, then taking off the wires wont do anything.

and thats why i dont do mechanical shit to my car
    FUCK B&D COMMUNICATIONS!

if its a 4 banger then its the easiest thing in the world....v8's and all are a pain, half bc u have what seems like a gazillion wires and its really tough to get to some. all u have to know is like the firing order and where they are on the distributor, and of course which cylinder is which

1342 i believe if your looking from above, and going around like clockwise...if you understand what im tryin to say lol

The EMPIRE

Is not a male

its a 98 honda civic

this is how ur wires should go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -plus-wires-1-jpg   -plug-wires-2-jpg  

Is not a male

Alright thanks. Any other ideas what could be wrong if its not just flooded??

is still bogging down with the wires on right? did it only start after u got ur engine wet. did u take of the distributor cap and dry it out?

Is not a male

its still bogging down yeah, and theres still water around the spark plugs so im just letting it dry out more. When i first started it this morning it was fine but after running for about 3 mins it started bogging down again. And if I start it with the gas pressed it runs fine for a few mins then it starts again.

water around the spark plugs where? u dry out under the distributor cap? u throw a cel?

Almost eveytime I wash my engine, water gets under the spark plug wires (in the holes where the spark plugs go). A few times it would rust the bottom of the plugs (where the wires connect to the plugs), but anyway it would then start to misfire & such. Try blowing water out of the holes, then take out all the plugs & check them.