Thread: Fog light install on 2000 civic si

Banned

Default Fog light install on 2000 civic si

I need to know if there is a shop that can install the JDM fog lights(the whole kit) for a 2000 civic si, and how much it would be. I can't do it because I dont have a hole drill and i dont think i could do all that wiring lol.

i think u should try it, borrow some tools from some friends. There has to be dozens of write-ups on honda tch

shoot man....you dont need any tools other that a screw driver, some scissors(to trim the zipties) and a dremel or some sort of saw to cut the bumper with.

If you look on the back of the bumper....there are little dots in the foglight area. you can follow those and they should fit nice. I would recommend cutting small amounts at a time and do lots of test fits.

^^ yea better to go slow than to be in a hurry and regret it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    shoot man....you dont need any tools other that a screw driver, some scissors(to trim the zipties) and a dremel or some sort of saw to cut the bumper with.

If you look on the back of the bumper....there are little dots in the foglight area. you can follow those and they should fit nice. I would recommend cutting small amounts at a time and do lots of test fits.
    yeah but I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'm scared I might mess up. so I may buy a practice bumper. Someone has 1 for 10 bucks lol.
    And thatnks for the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by donovan772 View Post
    yeah but I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'm scared I might mess up. so I may buy a practice bumper. Someone has 1 for 10 bucks lol.
    And thatnks for the help guys
    Its easy to do hell i was afraid when i did my EJ fogs I have a DIY for FOGS in the DIY section.
    But if your to afraid try posting to get someone to do it that has experience for a small fee.

I will install them for $50, you provide the light kit you want installed
    Ballin' on a Budget

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carbon_crash View Post
    I will install them for $50, you provide the light kit you want installed
    I'll hit you up when I get the money. But it may be a while being that I'm buying a nose bra.

I'll hit you up when I get the money. But it may be a while being that I'm buying a nose bra.
    nose bra lame
    hit ebay for a cheap one

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDMJAY View Post
    nose bra lame
    hit ebay for a cheap one
    it's OEM BNIB i typically hate them, but I'm only gonna use the hood part where all my chips are.+ the hood part is the only cool part and I dont like any other kind b/c of the humps on them.

Banned

I'm gonna order me some fogs this week and me and my cousin are gonna try to install them. thanks for all the help and JDMJAY for the instructions!

I'm gonna order me some fogs this week and me and my cousin are gonna try to install them. thanks for all the help and JDMJAY for the instructions!
    GL!

good luck! it was pretty crazy installing an oem spoiler. Drilling permant holes into the trunk but honda awas so generous they had dots already marked where to drill fogs shouldn't be hard, especially if you already have an open hole through your firewall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSmittyman View Post
    good luck! it was pretty crazy installing an oem spoiler. Drilling permant holes into the trunk but honda awas so generous they had dots already marked where to drill fogs shouldn't be hard, especially if you already have an open hole through your firewall.
    lets hope i got a hole in the firewall lol otherwise they wont be wired up lol. and yeah it scares me to drill holes anywhere lol.

Banned

Just ordered some yellow ones.Should be getting them in in a couple weeks(coming from cali). but I also ordered a red stitch shift boot and type r style shift knob can't wait to get it all in.

Well drilling a hole in the firewall isn't bad as long as you now how to wield a drill and have the right tools. Just make sure you use epoxy or something to close up the hole.

Banned

what size drill bits did you guysuse for your bumper? the instructions say 40mm and 11mm but thats metric and idk what that converts to so if anyone could help with that i'd appriciate it.

lets hope i got a hole in the firewall lol otherwise they wont be wired up lol. and yeah it scares me to drill holes anywhere lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSmittyman View Post
    Well drilling a hole in the firewall isn't bad as long as you now how to wield a drill and have the right tools. Just make sure you use epoxy or something to close up the hole.
    No reason to drill a hole in the firewall or anywhere else. Just find a rubber grommet that already has something else going through it and use a knife to make the hole a little wider or just use the existing hole. Dont drill anything.
    what size drill bits did you guysuse for your bumper? the instructions say 40mm and 11mm but thats metric and idk what that converts to so if anyone could help with that i'd appriciate it.
    The only reason you need to drill is to start a hole for your saw to go in, so any drill bit will work really. I suggest using a dremel to cut the holes...it makes life SO much easier and youc an pick up a dremel at walmart for 20 - 30 bucks.

Banned

The only reason you need to drill is to start a hole for your saw to go in, so any drill bit will work really. I suggest using a dremel to cut the holes...it makes life SO much easier and youc an pick up a dremel at walmart for 20 - 30 bucks.
    So the only reason I need a drill is to outline where I'm cutting?

So the only reason I need a drill is to outline where I'm cutting?
    yezzir! if you use a dremel you wont even need to do that

Banned

yezzir! if you use a dremel you wont even need to do that
    Well I've never used a dremel idk even know what it does. so can you plz explain?

Well I've never used a dremel idk even know what it does. so can you plz explain?
    Its a rotary tool.... this be one right hurr

Banned

Its a rotary tool.... this be one right hurr
    OMG we actually have one of those. witch attachment do I use to cut?the one that is made of steel wires and feels like an SOS pad? and if I use this do I need to drll my holes or should I follow the line on the back of my bumper?

OMG we actually have one of those. witch attachment do I use to cut?the one that is made of steel wires and feels like an SOS pad? and if I use this do I need to drll my holes or should I follow the line on the back of my bumper?
    Nah you need to use the cutting wheel(what is attached to the one in the pic). if you dont have one...just about any store including walmart sells the wheels and they are CHEAP as hell too

Banned

Nah you need to use the cutting wheel(what is attached to the one in the pic). if you dont have one...just about any store including walmart sells the wheels and they are CHEAP as hell too
    Ok man thanks and 1 more question. do I need to drill holes or do I follow the line on the bumpr?

Ok man thanks and 1 more question. do I need to drill holes or do I follow the line on the bumpr?
    With a dremel....you wont need to drill holes...just follow the dots.

If you use a saw you will need to drill holes just below the line so you can get your blade in there.

Banned

With a dremel....you wont need to drill holes...just follow the dots.

If you use a saw you will need to drill holes just below the line so you can get your blade in there.
    Okay man thanks for the major help! Maybe I'll see you around Chatanooga sometime when I'm up at the mall. I'll be sure to wave or honk.

Okay man thanks for the major help! Maybe I'll see you around Chatanooga sometime when I'm up at the mall. I'll be sure to wave or honk.
    haha NP man...The coupe is the only vehicle I have and Im always out and about so yeah I wouldnt doubt if you saw me somewhere. Hit me up next time you are up this way!

Banned

the coupe in you sig? man that thing is sexy. I thought about doing mine white but changed my mind to gunmetal grey. where do you get those spoilers?