Thread: Buyer beware GlennsEK

Certified Gearhead

Default Buyer beware GlennsEK

So I worked out a trade with him on a set on Injector Dynamic 2000cc injectors.. So I take to have my car tuned, and come to my surprise they're not ID2000's. I should have known better that they didn't need tophats on his set up, as both of my fuel rails on my lsv needed tophats.. So I tried contacting him, and I got the whole "I got them from a guy, let me contact him. He's not answering any of my calls."

Honestly I just wanted to know what the flow rate of them are. Well I tried texting him two other times, and no response. I traded him the specific injectors he was looking for, a craftsman bottom middle and top toolbox, with a decent amount of tools in it. And on top of this, I had to spend the money to buy a new set of ID2k's. Which in return forced me to sell my Miller Dynasty, just so I can have a running car again..

What do you think I should do? Obviously I'm just flat out fucked huh? :/

Unfortunately yes, you should have done a little investigating of the parts you were buying beforehand.

Karma is a bitch tho. He will get what he deserves one day. Look at it that way and enjoy your running car.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

TOYOTA1515

I think you are pretty DUMB for selling tools and welder to have a car running IMO, so if is in the internet is true right LOL, hope you learn your lesson, suck it up and go on!
    SR20 Carbed Datsun B310

They weren't what he said they were... If he were a stand-up guy he'd give you your shit back. The fact he hasn't lets you know where his head is at. That being said, if you needed specifically those injectors then shame on you for not knowing it when you looked at them. Never let anyone "pressure" you into a sale. If you made the trade then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Sucks but the reality is the scene is full of kids that are liars, cheats and scam artists and don't think about anything further away than their next 6-pack of hipster PBR.

My advise, set up an alter-ego on here, wait for him to want to buy/sell something here. Arrange a meet, jump out of the bushes with a ski-mask and beat that ass. But maybe that's just me.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    They weren't what he said they were... If he were a stand-up guy he'd give you your shit back. The fact he hasn't lets you know where his head is at. That being said, if you needed specifically those injectors then shame on you for not knowing it when you looked at them. Never let anyone "pressure" you into a sale. If you made the trade then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Sucks but the reality is the scene is full of kids that are liars, cheats and scam artists and don't think about anything further away than their next 6-pack of hipster PBR.

My advise, set up an alter-ego on here, wait for him to want to buy/sell something here. Arrange a meet, jump out of the bushes with a ski-mask and beat that ass. But maybe that's just me.
    You're right it was my fault for not really knowing, then again all I did was glance at them and they looked close enough without having top hats. But I only glanced at them though. It's my fault for wanting to believe there is still decent people left. I just thought about needing more space at my house and hoped he needed tools, and was only thinking about more power on e85 lol.

And good idea lol. I bet he's going to be worried about meeting people in person now for a while. Truthfully $1000 isn't worth going to jail over. Plus that was almost a 3 hour drive for me.. Not worth it lol

Quote Originally Posted by dragoncelica View Post
    I think you are pretty DUMB for selling tools and welder to have a car running IMO, so if is in the internet is true right LOL, hope you learn your lesson, suck it up and go on!
    I'm just going to throw this out there, you do realize I said craftsman right? It's not like I took him my matco triple bank box.. And considering I don't have a job, and the car is my daily driver.. Sacrifices have to be made correct? It's not like I lost money on the welder, or even broke even. I did learn a lesson, buy new. Just because I sell one thing for another doesn't make me dumb. I got rid of craftsman tools, got a brand new matco triple bank, filled with snap-on and a couple of matco tools. Bought a miller diversion, sold it. A couple months later bought a syncrowave. Sold it, a couple months later bought a Dynasty. You see a trend? Out with the lower level things, on to better things.

All I wanted to do was warn people, I've already faced the facts and just wanted to warn other people that he's full of shit. Can't blame me for trying to look out for others. Generally I don't buy used because of not trusting people, I just don't like spending money on my s2k.. lol