Thread: Without the faceplate?

Tanoshi kata ze!

Default Without the faceplate?

Dont know if this has ever happened to anyone else but I'm wondering what the hell?

Couple of months ago... my car was broken into for the 2nd time in 2 months. Bought a Sony head unit with a detachable face plate.

Always made a point to take the face plate into my apts... well... came out one evening and the window was shattered and head unit was ripped out.

So tell me whats up... even without the face plate, the head unit was still taken???

My thing is... can they still match up the face plate by model number on the head unit and... has this ever happened to anyone else?!?!

I'm pretty sure they can just order a new one or get it off the internet. I actually heard back years ago, in florida there were stores that JUST sold faceplats... Wonder why :/.

it happened to me last year.. I installed cheap aiwa cd player in my car..I parked it where everyone can see my car. But somehow they broke my dash panel, and took the face plate, cuz they couldnt take the whole unit. twice in 6 months, these thieves only took audio system, cuz I left some bills sticking out in the ashtray, they ignored that....

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nippon
    Dont know if this has ever happened to anyone else but I'm wondering what the hell?

Couple of months ago... my car was broken into for the 2nd time in 2 months. Bought a Sony head unit with a detachable face plate.

Always made a point to take the face plate into my apts... well... came out one evening and the window was shattered and head unit was ripped out.

So tell me whats up... even without the face plate, the head unit was still taken???

My thing is... can they still match up the face plate by model number on the head unit and... has this ever happened to anyone else?!?!
    it's easy to get any part for any electronics, from harness' to faceplates...

http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/
    http://www.partstore.com/
    https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx

Trap'Ville

heard of alarm????

Tanoshi kata ze!

alarm...? hmmm yeah heard of em... got one? If thats what you're asking... hmmm yeah... but only if thats what you're asking. .

Thats tragic though... whats the use of detachable face plates then.

And the thing is... why would a theif go through the trouble of stealing something only to have to pay for more parts... possibly the most expensive part, to get it working...?!?!

IA's Custom PC Junky eViLMunkey's Avatar

you can order a new faceplate but on most they are too expensive...

IA Member

faceplates are super easy to get cheap! just know the right people.
    ALso harnesses are a dime a dozen

Look at Coreyblade (200sxSE) trying to fit in with the crowd.

yo man little sugestion: go to c city and buy u a eclipse headunit. they dont come with detachable faces but guess what; eclipse has a theft warranty on their shit and if it get stolen with in the first year all u have to do is fill out a police report and send it over to them and u get a brand new headunit. its some cool shit. give it a shot.

Just to let you all know...there a place on Candler Road in Decatur that sells faceplates and radios with no faces, tv's with wires hanging and shit...

Someone stole my face from work (I know who did it) and after asking around about where to purchase a faceplate from, they told me about this place. Mind you I had a rare Sony that no stores sell, ther my faceplate was at their shop. I had to pay them $40 to get my face back. Bastards!!! I knew it was my exact one because it had the same scratches on it and everything.
    '06 Infiniti G35
    '96 Honda Prelude (project)
    www.twitter.com/tmogoodie

Banned

they probally saw it was a sony, and threw it out 5 miles down the road

i agree^

Quote Originally Posted by t-mo78
    Just to let you all know...there a place on Candler Road in Decatur that sells faceplates and radios with no faces, tv's with wires hanging and shit...

Someone stole my face from work (I know who did it) and after asking around about where to purchase a faceplate from, they told me about this place. Mind you I had a rare Sony that no stores sell, ther my faceplate was at their shop. I had to pay them $40 to get my face back. Bastards!!! I knew it was my exact one because it had the same scratches on it and everything.
    wow, that is some bullshit

did you let the police know?