Thread: Joey's Blue 1976 Camaro stolen in Braselton

Default Joey's Blue 1976 Camaro stolen in Braselton

The other thread got messed up, so here is a new one with the same info - plus the latest.

Car was stolen in Braselton on Aug 14, was reportedly seen in Mabelton on Aug 15.
    If you see the car, call the politce (911) immediately.

It's a 1976 Camaro, blue with white stripes. Has a large dent right behind the passenger side door, and has no front bumper (see the photos).
    Be on the lookout for these parts being suddently listed up for sale:

LQ9 engine (TSP MS3 camshaft, Edelbrock Victor Jr carb intake manifold, Barry Grant Mighty Demon carb, Edelbrock headers painted white and dented on bottom, Edelbrock motor mount adaptors mated with Moroso solid motor mounts, Edelbrock coil covers paint Chevy orange. Engine block is painted Chevy orange with a piece broken near alternator mount).
    TCI Super Streetfighter TH-400 (Ear on passenger side cut off for header clearance. Cast aluminum with a dent at the front).
    Aluminum Griffin LS swap radiator with Flex-A-Lite dual fans (PN 420).
    8.5" 10-bolt rear end with Moser diff cover and an SSBC rear disc conversion kit.
    Summit Legend-5 wheels with brand new Nitto NT-05 tires. (18x8.5 with 275/35s in the front and 18x9.5 with 295/35s in the back).
    Alpine CDA-9885 head unit
    Alpine MRP-F450 amplifier
    Alpine Type-S 6x9s (tweeters are visibly distressed)

Also a pair of Oakley Plaintiffs with a gold frame and warm gray lenses
    A magazine for a Springfield XDM 45 with Hornady Zmax rounds and a grip extension for use in a compact.

Now on Fox 5 Atlanta (broadcast on TV last night): Lawrenceville man seeks stolen vintage Chevy Camero
    Lawrenceville man seeks stolen vintage Chevy Camero - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - A Lawrenceville man is turning to social media to get the word out about his stolen 1976 Camero. Joey Jones says it's more than just a car, it's a family heirloom.

The second generation Chevy Camero has been a labor of love for Jones and his father. The two spent decades rebuilding the ride.

"When we got closer to getting it running, and it was actually running and driving, I had my learner's permit. I'd just spend time just sitting in it at night," Jones said.

That's why the 25-year-old was heartsick when he woke up Thursday at a friend's home in Braselton and saw that the vintage vehicle was gone.

"It took me a minute for it to sink in: 'OK, the car's actually gone,'" said Jones.

Jones put a lot of time and money into the restoration.

"I'd say it's between 20 and 25 thousand [dollars]," he said.

Police have put out a lookout for the blue bicentennial-year machine while Jones has spread the word on his Facebook account.

"I decided to use social media to my advantage, you know, the car's got a lot of popularity online," Jones said.

Jones says he's hopeful his car remains intact. Someone spotted it at a gas station in Mableton and recognized it as stolen after seeing social media posts.

"Especially with the recent tip off, I'm really hoping to find a complete car," Jones said. "With the sentimental value that's in the vehicle, I would be happy with a shell as long it's not burned or chopped up. I've built it one time, I can build it again."

Anyone who sees the vehicle is asked to call police.
    Last edited by David88vert; 08-17-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Car has been found.

Is it still in one peice?
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

And my top let back never_finished's Avatar

Awesome news! What kinda shape?

i'm curious of the shape it's been found as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Drivetrain, wheels, the body are intact. Interior is trashed. All of the stereo is gone. The shifter for the transmission is messed up and the electric fans weren't in working order. The engine has been overheated and maybe even the trans.

Were the thieves caught or was just the car recovered? Regardless, the important thing is it has been returned to it's rightful owner.

Car had been abandoned.

i'm sorry bro

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

could been worse, glad he found it
    Loving life

So some idiot just took it out for a joyride and trashed it. wow