Thread: Amateur night at my car lot... $500+ worth of damage for an OEM radiator ???

Default Amateur night at my car lot... $500+ worth of damage for an OEM radiator ???

Walked onto the lot the other day and noticed the driver's door handle hanging out of the door on one of my GSR's. Got a little closer and I swear, it looked like a chimpanzee had tried to break into it. The metal all around the door handle is gnarled and peeled back, like someone went at it with a hammer and a crowbar. Immediately my mind began to race thinking of all the parts that would be missing inside & under the hood...

Opened the door- first thing I noticed is that the mint black leather seats are still there. Huh? Nothing on the interior was missing- nothing. Obviously they weren't after anything on the inside. Then my imagination got the best of me, and I began to worry that maybe the whole damn swap would be missing under the hood. I yanked the hood release and snatched open the hood. Nope- engine and transmission are still safe & sound.

Then I noticed that my radiator was gone. Hoses still attached the motor, coolant everywhere. Thats all that was missing- a 12 year old OEM Integra radiator & fan. Seriously???

Its bad enough that this damage will cost over 10x what the stolen part is worth itself, but whats worse is that this car isn't advertised ANYWHERE, and its not really visible from the street. In order to know its here, you would have to had come onto my lot and walked around. So- chances are, I actually met this person face to face, showed them around the lot, and talked cars for a while. If any of you have been to my lot in the past, or come here in the future, please don't take it personal if I seem a little suspicious of you at first, or am less than friendly. You can blame all the little pricks like this...

Final Note: If whoever did this happens to be reading this- next time you need some cheap, old OEM parts, please- just give me a call. I would be happy to just GIVE you this junk- I have a warehouse full of it. I know you got your radiator for free, but it will end up costing me a new door skin & paint. Next time, just ask- or at least break the goddamn window!

1998 CW #98-0185 / 2000 PY #00-1187 *SOLD* / 2000 FBP #00-1411 / 2001 PY #01-1295
    2000 FBP EM1 Si w/ 98-Spec JDM ITR swap /// 1993 MR EH3 CX Hatch w/ JDM GSR swap
    2006 Ford F-250 SD King Ranch 4x4 Crew Cab Powerstroke Turbo-Diesel w/ 10" Lift

Fucking scumbags....sry to hear about that man!

BTW, i would love to come check out this warehouse of parts!
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

Need a thief's part's hotline!! I'm not kidding.... Geeezzzz

Any of you fuckers feel the need to go jack a car for a bull-shit part, just post a WTB... Seriously!!

I'd much rather help someone than come online to read a thread like this... SMH!!

This same shit happen to my sister's car, they trashed the door, handle, Qt, and trunk with crow bar... Then bust the glass!! SMH......

All for a Speaker, OMG REALLY!!!!

Lol. A lot of work just 4 a radiator.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Damn. Looks like a nice car too. Sorry to hear it, man! Hope the repairs go smoothly for ya.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    Damn. Looks like a nice car too. Sorry to hear it, man! Hope the repairs go smoothly for ya.
    Well- it definitely has the potential to be nice, but it already had a few cosmetic issues that I needed to sort out- even before this happened. But- its an '01 GSR, bone stock, no modifications, with 65k actual miles.
    1998 CW #98-0185 / 2000 PY #00-1187 *SOLD* / 2000 FBP #00-1411 / 2001 PY #01-1295
    2000 FBP EM1 Si w/ 98-Spec JDM ITR swap /// 1993 MR EH3 CX Hatch w/ JDM GSR swap

Sorry to hear about this, thats alot of damage for a radiator, If you have surveillance videos submit them to the proper authorities and get your lot insurance to cover the damages

TheMyth

That's some sorry a$$ thieves!! How long it had to take them to rip the door handle out like that versus busting the window by the interior handle. Either way , of getting your ride broke into sucks!! I've been a victim here in the Macon area as well. GL with getting it fixed.. maybe someone will catch them in the act next time and set them on fire.

damn what has this world coming to these days good luck with fixing the damages and catching the thieves!! (lowlives)

Quote Originally Posted by STRteg View Post
    If you have surveillance videos submit them to the proper authorities and get your lot insurance to cover the damages
    Police don't care about stuff like this. Last two cars that were stolen off the lot, they didn't even send an officer out- they just took the incident report over the phone.

As for insurance, I have a $1,000 deductible, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by etank82 View Post
    Police don't care about stuff like this. Last two cars that were stolen off the lot, they didn't even send an officer out- they just took the incident report over the phone.

Ugh, I'm sorry it is the way it is when my brother in laws SI got stolen they did the same thing I just figured they would have been more responsive to a lot owner?? and man thats a high deductible..... Fuck that I have a radiator if you need one lmk

Quote Originally Posted by Austin? View Post
    Lol. A lot of work just 4 a radiator.
    agreed if i was a thief, i couldnt be that fukin dumb and petty there would have been a whole lot missing for all that work on the door handle..hell bust the fukin glass and get the radiator, but all that on the door? fukin dumbasses

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by etank82 View Post

same here........... i called to file a police report and they had an officer take it over the phone......... it went pretty much like this........

cop - "so you had something stolen"

me - "yes...... (details)"

cop - "whats ur name, race, age and location"

me - "Anthony, white, 28, (street address)"

cop - "what did you say that race was again"

me - "white"

cop - "so what day did this happen"

me - (answer)

Cop - "you said white male correct?"

me - "yes, why does it matter?"

cop - "in case we need to get a hold of you"

me - "ok?"

cop - "where do you work and whats ur supervisor's phone number?"

me - "why do you need to call anyone at my work?"

cop -" in case we need to get in touch with you"

me - "i carry a cell phone at work"

Cop - "ok, ill look it up in the computer"

me - "i dont want you to call my work for any reason, i carry a cell phone at all times"

cop - "so you said white male, 28 years old and ur street address was ___________ "

me - "correct"

Then the cop proceeded to ask me directions to my address both at home and work, made some small talk about work and that was it........... not at any point did they ask me anything about anything that was stolen, they know im white though, and if they ever need to find me they'll call my work and ask for white guys.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by STRteg View Post
    figured they would have been more responsive to a lot owner?? and man thats a high deductible.....
    Well- I have a quarter million dollars in coverage for my inventory. That would definitely be on the high side for an individual's auto insurance policy, but pretty reasonable for mine.

damn bro sorry to see/hear... you cant catch a break
    ATL DA SQUAD MEMBER #1

HONDA_PARTS_CLEANUP_CLICK_ME

A fence and big mean ugly guard dogs are needed!
    Hella stock member!

security camera?