Thread: Couple Hot ROds stolen from Jonesboro area

Default Couple Hot ROds stolen from Jonesboro area

Saw this on wsbtv.com. I don't know the guy personally, but figured I'd toss this up here in case anyone happened to see or know anything.
    Cars Belonging To Man's Late Father Stolen
    JONESBORO, Ga. -- A local man is on a quest to get back two stolen cars. The cars are priceless to him because they belonged to his late father.

A 1969 Camaro SS/RS and a 1955 Chevy Bel Air were stolen in the middle of the night Wednesday. Nikk Rogers says he wants them back.

“The cars are worth a lot, the sentimental value is much higher,” said Rogers.

The cars are what he and his dad had together while he was living. Larry Rogers passed away months ago. Nikk Rogers spent Father’s Day posting fliers everywhere he could, after what he described as a “repo-style” heist.

VIDEO: Cars Belonging To Man's Late Father Stolen

The garage was closed and locked. They literally busted through the garage door panel in the garage and opened the garage door and took the Camaro out,” said Rogers.

The theft occurred in the early-morning hours of June 16. The thieves took the cars from Rogers’ mother’s house, where he kept them parked.

“They moved my mom’s truck across the street to get to the ’55 that was in the driveway. And the markings and everything seem to be consistent with the type of truck that goes up under the tires and lifts them up,” said Rogers.

Rogers said he filed a police report with the Jonesboro Police Department and he is offering a cash reward to anyone who leads him to the cars.

“Almost, name a price,” said Rogers. “I mean, if I can find them, I’d be happy to pay. That’s not the issue. (The) car is worth a lot, but just the fact they were what we had left of my dad makes them worth so much more.”

Rogers has created a website with information about the cars. CLICK HERE for more information.

Copyright 2010 by WSBTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/23973775/detail.html
    Link to pics and more info:
    http://rogersraceteam.com/dadscars.pdf

Certified Gearhead

Damn that sucks its not just Honda anymore

Nope, just taking what they know they can off-load quickly and make some money.