Thread: 95' eg8.... Major Situation here.... Need Advice....

Banned

Default 95' eg8.... Major Situation here.... Need Advice....

Well on 4-29-10 I ended up trading my 98 ej6 for a very rare 95' eg8.... Its got alot of stuff done to it.... But here is the deal on the car.... The day we traded, I added it to my insurance policy & dropped the ej6 off.... The next morning I headed to the Tag Office in Carrollton to send out the Title to come back in my name.... Well 14 days past & no Title yet, so I just decided to call the Tag office last Friday 5-14-2009 & thats when they told me that the vehicle was coming back Stolen.... So I started freaking out & headed to the Douglasville City Police Dept. because it happend in the City Limits of Douglasville.... They eneded up running the vin # & it came back reported stolen back on April of 2008 in Conyers.... They ended up seizing the car from me & I filed a Report about it & the car is being held in an Impound Lot until the Detective working my case Releases it.... Well making a long story short, I contacted the couple that I traded the car too & they told me that they never sold the car to anyone, especially who its coming back stolen from.... So they are helping me out & took all paper work to the Conyers PD & showing all of their Insurance, Registration & Tag Reciepts to the Conyers PD.... What were all thinking is that when the car was posted in 2008 on craigslist for sale the owners who I got the car from were posting the full VIN # in the ad & the guy added it to his insurance & reported it stolen 2 weeks after he so calls says he had the car for after he purchased it from them....

Well after all of this happend I was told by the DPD to call down to the Tag off Monday 5-17-10 & try to get a front & back copy of the title.... So I did & they told me that it was sent off to my name & I should be recieving it with 10-14 days & that they arent showing any where in their systems as it being Reported Stolen....

Ive got an Investigator on it & he is telling me the same thing, the police report that was filed in 2008 doesnt make any sense & he doesnt understand why this guy who reported it stolen can do that because he had no paper work on the vehicle at all, except a bill from his Insurance Company & how it could have been reported on the GCIC/NCIC without any paperwork on the Vehicle.... Its a huge mess & the investiagtor is hoping to know something this Friday 5-21-10 or Monday 5-24-10....

So what do yall think is going to happen? Will they end up having to Release the eg8 back to me since ive got all the paperwork on the car & its coming back Tagged, Registered & Titled in my name now? And does it sound like this guy Filed a False Stolen Report on my eg8....

....(just thought I would post this up & see what all yall think? its a big damn mess & I hope this comes out fixed & I get my eg8 back, especially since its my own car & ive got a soon to be 3yr old Daughter & another baby on the way)....
    Last edited by a94civicex; 05-19-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Sounds like some BS cause all they gotta due is run the previous registrations.
    Find out who recent owner was and question them to clear things up.
    I think your getting the run around....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDMJAY View Post
    Sounds like some BS cause all they gotta due is run the previous registrations.
    Find out who recent owner was and question them to clear things up.
    I think your getting the run around....
    Well the people I got the car from did that & it said nothing about this other guy in the registrations.... They are just as confused about how this could happen as well as I am because they just renewed their tag & registration this past march & it wasn't showing in the system as a stolen vehicle & they have owned it for 4yrs....

I'm not sure how all this will work out, but good luck.

Oh, and you need to change your sig... The eg8 is not your daily right now.

i keed i keed.

^^LOL

Good luck! Good thing you didn't get pulled over and treated like a theif for no reason! Hope it gets resolved.
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

DAMN!!!! That's messed up.. Now youe left with nothing... G/L
    resize pic

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Holy crap load of mess, I hope it works out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I'm not sure how all this will work out, but good luck.

Oh, and you need to change your sig... The eg8 is not your daily right now.

i keed i keed.
    Thanks.... That was messed up & funny at the same time, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    ^^LOL

Good luck! Good thing you didn't get pulled over and treated like a theif for no reason! Hope it gets resolved.
    Thanks Man.... Trust me I know, im very lucky....

Quote Originally Posted by gerardojdm View Post
    DAMN!!!! That's messed up.. Now youe left with nothing... G/L
    Yep.... Stuck with nothing until this all gets cleared up....

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Holy crap load of mess, I hope it works out.
    Tell me about it.... It's just my damn luck too....

Just another reason i dont like to do trades!
    Hella stock member!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by silversol View Post
    Just another reason i dont like to do trades!
    Yeah, this may be the last trade I ever do with a car....

Banned

Got my Title in the mail today.... That shows that Im apparrently the rightful owner.... CPD needs to release their hold that they have on my car so that DPD can release it back over to me.... This is BS....!

any word man?

cb7 sold
    eg8 shell
    eg1 traded
    ej1 mini me sold
    Del sol w/h22 all motor
    Del sol w/ls swap sold
    Dc2 Itr ft w/B20v dd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cprtyler View Post
    any word man?
    read above your post.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cprtyler View Post
    any word man?
    Not yet bro, still waiting for the CPD detective to get in touch with my detective from DPD so they can figure out if my car was legitimately stolen in 2008 or not.... If not all I'm waiting on is for CPD to fax a Realease form over to my guy at DPD that way my guy can release his hold & I pick up my car.... But the CPD isn't returning any calls to my guy at DPD.... This is B.S.!

Quote Originally Posted by redcivic View Post
    read above your post.
    I'm sure he did but he is my buddy & wants to know just as much as I do about what the hell is going on....

Banned

Whats so rare about your EG8?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redcivic View Post
    Whats so rare about your EG8?
    Seriously, your going to ask me that....? Seeing how I'm trying to get my damn car back your going to ask that dumbass question....! Goes to show that your a "noob", lol.... Below is a quick run down on my eg8....!

Well to my knowledge there isn't many 92-95 Civic Ex 4dr's with ABS factory rear disc brakes like mine that's still on the streets & not in a JUNKYARD totalled out.... I've got the jdm d15b sohc vtec, aem short ram intake, dc sports headers, stock exhaust, championship type r white paint, jdm black housing headlights, tinted amber corners, 8k hid's, tokico illumna struts with ground control coilovers, gsr blades, 15% window tint, front & rear ls seats + more = only 1 in my town with this setup, making it RARE....!
    Last edited by a94civicex; 05-22-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a94civicex View Post
    Seriously, your going to ask me that....? Seeing how I'm trying to get my damn car back your going to ask that dumbass question....! Goes to show that your a "noob", lol....
    I was actually curious myself. A four door Civic is hardly rare. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    I was actually curious myself. A four door Civic is hardly rare. Later, QD.
    ....please read above....

I did. Now I'm asking you why you THINK your 1995 Honda Civic 4 door, one of the most modified cars on the planet, is so rare. Later, QD.

Banned

I did. Now I'm asking you why you THINK your 1995 Honda Civic 4 door, one of the most modified cars on the planet, is so rare. Later, QD.
    LoL, you got jokes....! Come to my area & tell me how many 4dr civic you see like mine.... It's 1 of a kind in my town.... I just take pride in my rides bro, unlike alot people out here....

I didn't laugh so no, I don't have jokes. I asked a plain and simple question. Your car is not rare by any means. Sucks about your situation, though. Later, QD.

Banned

I didn't laugh so no, I don't have jokes. I asked a plain and simple question. Your car is not rare by any means. Sucks about your situation, though. Later, QD.
    Yeah, thanks.... Hoping to get it back this week....! Just got to wait for CPD to get off their ass & release their "hold" so my guy can release his "hold" & call me & tell me to go get my eg8....!

redcivic, please do not hound on this as there is no need for it. Later, QD.

Certified Gearhead

i bet there going to make you pay for storage that'll be about 100bucks for 4 days and 50 for the hook up fee....Not to be an ass but there's at least 7 4doors champ white around my area probably they most un-rare car but.....nice motor D15b vtec for the win.GL with everything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D15B View Post
    i bet there going to make you pay for storage that'll be about 100bucks for 4 days and 50 for the hook up fee....Not to be an ass but there's at least 7 4doors champ white around my area probably they most un-rare car but.....nice motor D15b vtec for the win.GL with everything.
    Who knows.... I guess I will find out about any fees owed.... Fees or No Fees, I don't care I just want this crap cleared up & released so I can get my car back that I definately need asap....!

Banned

Well after 1 week & 2 days I finally got my car releaed from impound.... The fees for hookup & storage we're $330 but all I had to pay was $100 to get it out.... Stoked....!

Good to hear!
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    Good to hear!
    Your telling me.... They are still investigating why this guy was even allowed to report the car stolen.... They are thinking it's a false report because he can't come up with any info on the car....! They are going to issue a warrant out for dudes arrest & I'm pressing charges along with the people I got the car from....!