Thread: How to stop car theft

Certified Gearhead

Default How to stop car theft

I wanted everyone to know the best way to prevent car theft. Under Georgia law, the use of DEADLY FORCE is authorized to prevent the commission of a felony, and stealing a car is a felony. Any cops in here, let me know if I'm wrong.

im a organ donor :) 00 blk G20t's Avatar

ive always heard you can protect your life AND your property in GA. i guess that comes down to how do you know if they are just breaking into your car or actually trying to steal it.
    Best G20 SR2009 convention
    in attendance Nissan national convention 2010(Omaha, Nebraska)
    top 20 hotlanta autofest 09

as long as you dont shoot them in the back you're good, i think. if you do turn him around and shoot him again haha

Quote Originally Posted by CautionMeDC2 View Post
    as long as you dont shoot them in the back you're good, i think. if you do turn him around and shoot him again haha
    LOL just yell at them so they turn around then shoot....be like that sumbish started running at me!

Privateer Racing!!

I dont think a human life equals a value of a car. I dont care how much you got into it. I would sure beat the shit out of them or shoot them in the leg. But a car does not equal a human.

I know everyone puts alot of money in their cars, It takes common sense too protect the car.If everyone would use common sense then their cars wouldnt be stolen.

Like dont take it too a mall, or the movies. One of my stores is located in a mall, i used too drive my 4dr teg all the time was turbo,big intercooler and all. Oh was in a mexican mall, was never touched. But i used common sense too protect it!

Light Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    I dont think a human life equals a value of a car. I dont care how much you got into it. I would sure beat the shit out of them or shoot them in the leg. But a car does not equal a human.

I know everyone puts alot of money in their cars, It takes common sense too protect the car.If everyone would use common sense then their cars wouldnt be stolen.

Like dont take it too a mall, or the movies. One of my stores is located in a mall, i used too drive my 4dr teg all the time was turbo,big intercooler and all. Oh was in a mexican mall, was never touched. But i used common sense too protect it!
    just speaking the truth
    Bow..Bow

I agree with the value of life part.

But how can common sense protect you from car theft? If they want it/ they will take it. Nothing more to it.
    :idb:

The way I always understood it was if someone steps foot in your house( your property) then you have the right to defend yourself ( deadly force if needed). I do not agree with the use of deadly force when it comes to a car!! Thats one reason why comprehensive insurance was created.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhadleyh View Post
    PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP
    1993 240sx SE- Under Construction

1998 Ford Exploder- Daily Beater

2007 Rav-4 V6- Be waiting for you at the next light!

The 269-hp V6- full of swagger. So equipped, the RAV4 can embarrass quite a few modern sport coupes in terms of acceleration.- Edmunds

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...?id=1138891012
    Add me^

Yes Deadly force can be used. Here is the problem with this is that a Felony in the state of Georgia is anything with a value of $500.00 and over. Now if you shoot and kill a person before the car is even stolen of ignition cylinder busted then you can be charged for murde. This is the case because you can not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a Felony was going to be done.

Think well before you do.

while what you say is true about a car not being worth a life, IMO i would kill them not only to protect whats mine, but also to do the community a service by getting a piece of low life scum off the streets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    And I do drive a Miata, so I am gayer than a three dollar bill...

will come back for more.....

Senior Member | IA Veteran GSRteg®'s Avatar

O.C.G.A. § 16-3-21
    Use of force in defense of self or others; evidence of belief that force was necessary in murder or manslaughter prosecution

(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23, a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(b) A person is not justified in using force under the circumstances specified in subsection (a) of this Code section if he:

(1) Initially provokes the use of force against himself with the intent to use such force as an excuse to inflict bodily harm upon the assailant;

(2) Is attempting to commit, committing, or fleeing after the commission or attempted commission of a felony; or

(3) Was the aggressor or was engaged in a combat by agreement unless he withdraws from the encounter and effectively communicates to such other person his intent to do so and the other, notwithstanding, continues or threatens to continue the use of unlawful force.

(c) Any rule, regulation, or policy of any agency of the state or any ordinance, resolution, rule, regulation, or policy of any county, municipality, or other political subdivision of the state which is in conflict with this Code section shall be null, void, and of no force and effect.

(d) In a prosecution for murder or manslaughter, if a defendant raises as a defense a justification provided by subsection (a) of this Code section, the defendant, in order to establish the defendant's reasonable belief that the use of force or deadly force was immediately necessary, may be permitted to offer:

(1) Relevant evidence that the defendant had been the victim of acts of family violence or child abuse committed by the deceased, as such acts are described in Code Sections 19-13-1 and 19-15-1, respectively; and

(2) Relevant expert testimony regarding the condition of the mind of the defendant at the time of the offense, including those relevant facts and circumstances relating to the family violence or child abuse that are the bases of the expert's opinion.

Senior Member | IA Veteran GSRteg®'s Avatar

There ya go ^^^^

1. Buy a throw-away through an untraceable method.
    2. Wipe all prints from throw-away and ammo contained there within.
    3. Store throw-away in plastic bag next to a glove.
    4. Shoot any/all parties involved with the theft of your vehicle.
    5. Get plastic baggy with glove, plant throw away on one of the corpses. Firmly grasp their hand around the throw away's handle.
    6. Call the police.
    7. Burn bag and glove.
    8. Tell the police that all involved persons threatened your life.
    9. Keep your story straight all the way through the legal process, including trial.
    10. If this thread is introduced as evidence for pre-meditation, deny any knowledge of its existence.

Don't own a car, and it won't be stolen.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

If you kill with an icicle then there will be no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX STi View Post
    I wanted everyone to know the best way to prevent car theft. Under Georgia law, the use of DEADLY FORCE is authorized to prevent the commission of a felony, and stealing a car is a felony. Any cops in here, let me know if I'm wrong.
    Wrong ! Only if the act is in their amidate presents

live above the limit

Quote Originally Posted by slostang View Post
    while what you say is true about a car not being worth a life, IMO i would kill them not only to protect whats mine, but also to do the community a service by getting a piece of low life scum off the streets.
    good idea

2jz-gte ftw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiRed94 View Post
    5. Get plastic baggy with glove, plant throw away on one of the corpses. Firmly grasp their hand around the throw away's handle.
    6. Call the police.
    7. Burn bag and glove.
    9. Keep your story straight all the way through the legal process, including trial.
    10. If this thread is introduced as evidence for pre-meditation, deny any knowledge of its existence.
    wow

cool

Some peoples lives are worth a car.
    They see me trollinnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Don't own a car, and it won't be stolen.
    QFT lmao
    Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she'd be like, "Yeah, I sucked his dick. Whatever." And you'd be like, "What? We weren't talking about that."

[DIRT] SNOW TARMAC

Grenades...

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    be like that sumbish started running at me!
    You made me LOL and wake my son up on that one. Reminded me of someone I know that says "sumbish."

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT707 View Post
    If you kill with an icicle then there will be no proof.
    Lol. Great idea, except I don't think anyone saved one from the snow we just had. Or maybe EBAY sells icicles.
    28 . female . I has VTEC . hondachik .

S.I.C. Chic (Split Image Customs II)

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skacore View Post
    Some peoples lives are worth a car.
    Nobody here does. A Honda isn't even worth a punch in the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRed94 View Post
    6. Call the police.
    7. Burn bag and glove.
    Exprienced much?
    VTECH ... Making phones since 1994.

Looking for Integra Sedan (DB7/8) parts <--clickable

Q:Nitrous on stock LS high mileage. Too risky?
    A:IMO nos is like steroids and giving steroids to a grandma doesnt sound all that good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    Nobody here does. A Honda isn't even worth a punch in the arm.
    lmao
    Originally Posted by deondre
    how in the world is it only pushing around 300whp with that big as turbo?lol

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip
    Seems like someone would watch a nice honda pull in, then watch that car the whole time it's there. If someone did this multiple times from a distance, you're bound to see someone try to jack it. Record it, drive up to them, stop recording, leave a recording, get out with a bat, beat their legs till they're mangled beyond repair, drive off, ???, profit.
    Been saying this forever.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

125hp of vtackness

i have a hidden ignition switch but instead of stopping the ignition wire from reaching the starter such as most traditional methods it re routes the current to a gangly mess of wires and old wwII explosives. Instead of turning the ignition to realize theres a kill switch it blows them and my honda to shit......then i have to have an akward sit down with my insurance agent....and most likely authorities

Simple solution...

If you can afford to mod your car, you can pay for higher insurance coverages.

I completely agree with the value of life.!!!! But My car is hard earned money and blood sweat and tears if you would say.....why in the hell would I let someone steal that shit! LOL

My xd .45 compact says otherwise. One in each knee. PERIOD. <<<<<<NO MORE STEALING CARS

My bros teacher was in atlanta one night with his wife out eating.When they went to get into the car a guy grabbed the door and told them to get out or die. Well Not knowing if he wouldnt just kill them anyways...
    The teacher said no and kicked the door knockin the guy down. The dude then went to grab his gun to shoot at them but the teacher had his .45 under the seat put 4 rounds in the guys chest. Cops said the guy was on crack had a bullet in the chamber and ready but didn't get to pull the trigger.