Thread: Police: Motorcycle Business Was Chop Shop

Default Police: Motorcycle Business Was Chop Shop

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -- Investigators of the Gwinnett County Police Department auto theft unit arrested a suspect that was involved in an alleged motorcycle chop shop.

Officers said Michael Wilmott, 41, fenced stolen motorcycles by altering the vehicle identification numbers and selling the vehicles out of a motorcycle dealership in an unincorporated portion of Lilburn.

Investigators executed a search warrant at Extreme Cycles on Stone Mountain Highway Tuesday. Officials seized 12 motorcycles that were believed to be stolen, police said.

Police said the investigation showed enough probable cause to demonstrate that the suspect had knowledge that the vehicles he was selling were stolen and that he was altering the VINs in an effort to disguise the fact and to facilitate the retail reselling of motorcycles through the business of Extreme Cycles.

Wilmott was charged with operating a chop shop, theft by receiving stolen vehicles and theft by receiving stolen property.

Wilmott was being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center in lieu of $82,000 bond.

Gwinnett police Detective Corporal Bouchillon is requesting to hear from anyone doing business with Extreme Cycles of Lilburn in form of either purchasing or renting motorcycles or other vehicles, or any individual with more information about Wilmott’s activities. Bouchillon can be reached at 770-513-5347.

The investigation continues.

My boys Monster Energy edition kawasaki zx6r was stolen 4 days ago.. SUX

Damn shits getting crazy that is the same reason they closed a local shop called Tara Motor sport.They were selling hot parts and bikes,one guy took his brand new 06 R6 in to get a oil change and some other stuff.When he picked up his bike he noticed it didn't ride the same at all.He took it to the dealer and they told him somebody had put a 02 motor in his bike.After that he was pissed and I believe he sued them and some more but they closed.Smh people are crazy now a days I tell ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    1. It gets really old when people keep calling southside a thief, b/c honestly, they have no phucking idea! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black4DrEK View Post
    My boys Monster Energy edition kawasaki zx6r was stolen 4 days ago.. SUX
    i seen a black bike that was a monster edition yesterday on the way to a job , pm for more info

dam dude this shit betting bad ..

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrunkScotsman View Post
    i seen a black bike that was a monster edition yesterday on the way to a job , pm for more info
    This one was the Brand new green kawi..LOUD as fuck.. NO muffler just straight pipe..

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Damn shits getting crazy that is the same reason they closed a local shop called Tara Motor sport.They were selling hot parts and bikes,one guy took his brand new 06 R6 in to get a oil change and some other stuff.When he picked up his bike he noticed it didn't ride the same at all.He took it to the dealer and they told him somebody had put a 02 motor in his bike.After that he was pissed and I believe he sued them and some more but they closed.Smh people are crazy now a days I tell ya.
    02 motor is a carb motor, and will not fit in the 06 frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin. View Post
    02 motor is a carb motor, and will not fit in the 06 frame.
    Thats what he was toldI dont know too much about taking out bike motors.I know it wasnt the same motor though it had came from a older r6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    1. It gets really old when people keep calling southside a thief, b/c honestly, they have no phucking idea! lol