Thread: a lil tip i thought of!

Default a lil tip i thought of!

i know kill switches are popular , but what about a headlight killswitch? most cars are taken at night(from what i've seen on IA) , so................the risk of runnin a stolen car at nite w/o headlights will def draw the attn to the boys in blue , call me nutz , but i think it is a good idea ,what do ya'll think?
    Last edited by Scotsman; 08-02-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Hmmm not a bad idea I must say.

But than some cars are stolen through a tow truck. But an idea that must be put to use.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord
    Hmmm not a bad idea I must say.

But than some cars are stolen through a tow truck. But an idea that must be put to use.
    wouldnt hurt to do it

lolz , reread post one(edited)

XLR8SHEN FOE LizzziFeE iNsTuN nOoDoH's Avatar

It would be a good idea, but if someone wanted your car, they'd probably try turning on your headlights first after readin this post.

Senior Member | IA Veteran GSRtegŪ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iNsTuN nOoDoH
    It would be a good idea, but if someone wanted your car, they'd probably try turning on your headlights first after readin this post.
    True

not a bad idea, shouldnt be too hard. probably only a few dollars to hook one up.

or just sleep with your battery under your pillow =)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toxxxic
    or just sleep with your battery under your pillow =)
    HAHA better idea. with our spark plugs in ur hand lol.

but that would take sometime seeing that they would not no whos car has it and when they do find out at would require more work(for ex. getting back out out if the car, popping the hood etc...) which would probably get them spotted. i think is very smart idea especially for the people with wire tucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by iNsTuN nOoDoH
    ATL DA SQUAD MEMBER #1

HONDA_PARTS_CLEANUP_CLICK_ME

Default ..

if all these ideas are being brought up, then ppl might as well just take their swaps out na jk. thats not a bad idea bro...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jdmda9
    if all these ideas are being brought up, then ppl might as well just take their swaps out na jk. thats not a bad idea bro...
    lol. so you're suppose to take ur swap out everyday? lol.

the headlight switch is a perfect idea . good job Scotsman

IA Member

that not a bad idea but people get kill switchs to there electrical system but u should get a kill switch to your power because the battery just start your car but your altenator power everything else so they cant turn on your lights or anything

^IA's most loved^ UpSideDownDesi's Avatar

a little clear sticker on driver side and passenger window......"Security .45MM" might help too.

an eletrical cut of would be great as well!! good idea on the headlight!!

Still nothing as good as the voice/retinal/fingerprint de-activated 10,000 volt racing seat!
    This isn't the worst summer I've had around Savannah.
    Parris Island '01 - now that was one hell of a summer.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

How about a Headlight BOMB fuse HUH....Ok so I know I need use the switch under my console to turn on the headlights but crooks dont know...My headlight switch is wired into the gas tank to a small bomb...When they cut the lights on BOMB 1 bad guy off the streets What yall think about that!!

^^^^^ thats a good idea haha

Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownDesi
    a little clear sticker on driver side and passenger window......"Security .45MM" might help too.

lawl...

wtf is a .45mm anyways
    some sort of southern ganges river weapon? Doesn't sound too secure, a 9mm would even be a better choice, lawl?

hell even a bb gun.

hmmmmmm good idear

ATL DAsquad Member #9

Hmm....ShakaLock??

This is actually a Very good Idea..Unfortunately a close friend of mine recently experienced a break in to his shop..Among other things they took his project car but 100ft from the shop they pulled over and ditched it due to No Bulbs in the Headlights..Any kind of theft prevention is better than None..Keep your cars safe Guys..These theives are ruining the import enthusiast scene..Everyone is skeptical and even scared to buy nice things for their cars cuz They have to worried about ****ing scumbags who come take their cars in the middle of the night..Excuse my language but Im ****ing Sick of This
    Quote Originally Posted by KIZDAWAY View Post
    Sounds like a date, wear some make-up cuz dis will be in HD. I'll bring da K-game, so you better be on race fuel cuz you'll need it. :boobies:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post

This whole, "It's just the internet" is just dumb. If that's the truth then the person busting you in the face for running your mouth can say, "It's just 5 cross yo lip dude, don't take it too seriously"

Quote Originally Posted by B00STedSvT
    This is actually a Very good Idea..Unfortunately a close friend of mine recently experienced a break in to his shop..Among other things they took his project car but 100ft from the shop they pulled over and ditched it due to No Bulbs in the Headlights..Any kind of theft prevention is better than None..Keep your cars safe Guys..These theives are ruining the import enthusiast scene..Everyone is skeptical and even scared to buy nice things for their cars cuz They have to worried about ****ing scumbags who come take their cars in the middle of the night..Excuse my language but Im ****ing Sick of This
    steedracer told me about that happinin , that shop is like 3 miles from my house , thats where i came up with the idea

Hmm....ShakaLock??

Quote Originally Posted by TheScotsman
    steedracer told me about that happinin , that shop is like 3 miles from my house , thats where i came up with the idea
    Who is SteedRacer and how does he know about this happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by KIZDAWAY View Post
    Sounds like a date, wear some make-up cuz dis will be in HD. I'll bring da K-game, so you better be on race fuel cuz you'll need it. :boobies:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post

This whole, "It's just the internet" is just dumb. If that's the truth then the person busting you in the face for running your mouth can say, "It's just 5 cross yo lip dude, don't take it too seriously"

IA Member

i have 3-4 tricks that may work or help you out.. 1..pushbutton start button that is wired to your ignition so you have to hit it to start the car.. 2..companies that have battery cutoff switches that you could hide... 3...take loose your battery cable and put the black cap the negative one most hidden back on the terminal and reconnect the battery they will not have a clue whats wrong 4.. have an airhorn like a trainhorn ran to an alarm everyone seems to ignore all the alarms out there its impossible to ignore this one... 5..pop your hood and pull the sparkplug boots loose from the motor takes about 20 seconds and leave them just resting on the sparkplugs but not attatched the motor will turn over but no spark.. 6..get an aftermarket steeringwheel with a disconnect on it and take the steeringwheel with you7.. my friend rests a huge screw under the 2 front tires so if his car gets taken his tires blow and cant be driven make sure you remove the screwbefore you drive... 7.. pull a main fuse like the fuelpump ect ... then just put it back in when you start the car just some things i came up with

pulling te fuel pump thing would probably be the best seeing they can still drive the vehicle with out headlight but mostly all these are good ideas but no matter what someone will eventually find a way around it

92 Lx 466, 11.8 @ 111 (Daily Driver )
    98 sunfire GT (terrible gas mileage)

Banned

i had pull start button on my old DA it was where the A/C button was and i dont think anyone would notice its push button ...it also started w/o even pressing on the clutch lol.

This car I once worked on had a little button inside the air vent that needed to be depressed to start the car, so you pretty much need to push the vent a certain way in order for it to start; unlikely that a thief will adjust his air vents as he is trying to steal a car.
    When mine stays outside without me, I usually pull a fuse or two (ECM, Fuel pump) along with the kill switch and ignition switch that I have, no alarm though. I was actually thinking about pulling the headlight fuses out too.
    Representing VWs.

I just pull out the fuse for the ECU.

Holla.
    BUY MY HATCH <--click the link, cuz.

Quote Originally Posted by B00STedSvT
    Who is SteedRacer and how does he know about this happening?
    Austin , drives a black EK coupe , he has friends that work up there

dumb idea the whole point is for your car never to leave the drive way....duh...the lights off aint gonna stop a thief from pulling away with your ride....stick to fuel kill switch