Thread: Some shots just for fun

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Default Some shots just for fun

I took the kids to the Fernbank today. While there, I decided to take some fun impromptu shots of different things. My son is only in one of these shots BTW, the rest are just kids that were there. I don't like the composition of some of them, but with the limited amount of space....I did what I could.

These are just some fun shots, so go easy on me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_5056-jpg   -img_5096-jpg   -img_5106-jpg   -img_5110-jpg   -img_5102-jpg  

2nd set.

These are just of the kids playing, and as previously mentioned they are not all mine.

Kids love bubbles, don't they???? They may not be the best shots, but I just liked their expressions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_5143-jpg   -img_5145-jpg   -img_5172-jpg   -img_5146-jpg   -img_5150-jpg  

Final set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_5154-jpg   -img_5174-jpg   -img_5181-jpg   -img_5182-jpg   -img_5177-jpg  

wow...impressive shots man!
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

A.K.A. GA Teg

Great shots Jaime. Which lens were you using?
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

Thanks Mr. sef......

Matt, I used both the 28-80 and 70-210. I wasn't trying to do anything fancy. I was looking around with the kids, and just decided to start shooting. I just ordered a 28mm 2.8 prime lens that should be here in a day or two, and also found the 50mm 1.8 that I'm picking up tomm.

Those are the ones I really needed today, but oh well.

Dammit stop it with the disclaimers J'

The pictures look brilliant; especially the first group.

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

shoot...better than anything i can take..looks good to me!

great shots..
    stealing the first shot :-P

Certified Gearhead

Hey great looking pics. Looks awesome. I have never been to the Fernbank. I need to go one day. I have one recommendation for you. I assume since you were indoors you had to use a higher iso, 1600, since there probably wasn't adequate lighting. You should invest in a noise reduction program. I suggest Neat Image or Noise Ninja. The pics below I used Neat Image. Both apps are inexpensive and they make it a stand alone product or a PShop plug in. Either one is awesome. If you know anything about torrents, you can steal(download) the full license app for free if you don't want to buy it.

Open another browser or download these and compare my pics with your originals. You would of thought they were shot at iso 200 instead. To run all three pics took about one minute or less in the program

FILTERED in Neat Image

Original
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -orig_5146-jpg  
    Last edited by dean; 04-16-2006 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks for the feedback Dean.

I'm a newb when it comes to processing. I'm self taught, so I have a long way to go.

I'd love to get more info on the programs you mentioned. Can you PM me info about this "torrents" thing? I have PS CS, but that's all I use right now.

Thanks.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    Thanks for the feedback Dean.

I'm a newb when it comes to processing. I'm self taught, so I have a long way to go.

I'd love to get more info on the programs you mentioned. Can you PM me info about this "torrents" thing? I have PS CS, but that's all I use right now.

Thanks.

I have the .rar or zip of the entire program. I will upload it to my site and send you a link to download it. Instructions will be inside on how to install it and how to crack the program. It usually takes re-copying the .exe with a hacked version .exe that is supplied in the zip file and then running a serial key generator .exe and then copying and pasting the serial key when you start the program. Takes an extra 2 minutes. Boom that's it.

A.K.A. GA Teg

Dean, could you please PM me the link as well? I know I really need it for some of my shots.
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by dean
    I have the .rar or zip of the entire program. I will upload it to my site and send you a link to download it. Instructions will be inside on how to install it and how to crack the program. It usually takes re-copying the .exe with a hacked version .exe that is supplied in the zip file and then running a serial key generator .exe and then copying and pasting the serial key when you start the program. Takes an extra 2 minutes. Boom that's it.
    That would be awesome. Thanks Dean.

Great pics Jaime!

Certified Gearhead

Hey Dean can I jump on the mailing list too?