Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask a Photographer Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    They are flowers.

Ok, real feedback now - the composition does nothing for me. It's a shot of flowers shot from above. Perhaps you might try shooting them from the same level, to immerse the viewer into the flowers. That's what I had to do when I shot the black eyed susans up at Rock City.
    Composition ??

Quote Originally Posted by babowc View Post
    IMO, DoF is too shallow.
    Why are you shooting at f1.4, 1/4000ss, and ISO250?
    It looks like it's daylight/sunlight, then raise your f-stop to the lens' optimal.

Like someone else said, the composition does nothing for me either.
    I still have no idea as of yet how to set settings for each shot I only know high Aperture compared to Low. Also the Shutter speed i leave high cause anything lower just blurs to easy unless i use a tripod which i don't have yet. I am just starting to get off out of AUTO so this is the feedbck i am seeking but i do know a day later that photo was to Saturated lol

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Composition ??

I still have no idea as of yet how to set settings for each shot I only know high Aperture compared to Low. Also the Shutter speed i leave high cause anything lower just blurs to easy unless i use a tripod which i don't have yet. I am just starting to get off out of AUTO so this is the feedbck i am seeking but i do know a day later that photo was to Saturated lol
    Composition is the positioning of the elements of the photo. Basically, look for a way to make the photo interesting and lead the viewers eyes to where you want them.
    Here are a couple of articles that you might want to look at:
    Digital Photography Composition Tips - Digital Photography School
    5 Elements of Composition in Photography - Digital Photography School
    5 More Elements of Composition in Photography - Digital Photography School
    Framing Your Shots - Photography Composition Technique - Digital Photography School

As for the settings - aperture, ISO, and shutter speed - these are used to control the exposure.
    Start with this info on exposure:
    Learning about Exposure - The Exposure Triangle - Digital Photography School
    https://vimeo.com/48016137

I suggest that you spend a little time on Adorama's Learning Center site (free info) - a quick way to learn a lot : Expert photography blogs, tips, techniques, camera reviews - Adorama Learning Center
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12