Thread: My trip to Toronto last week

Default My trip to Toronto last week

So I've been a bit MIA lately, went up to toronto for a mini vacation. I was there all last week and it was a super awesome time. Canada got at least 3 cool points because of this: they are almost in the positive.

I went to visit some family and also set up some car shoots. A few hours after I got there, Toronto had the biggest snow storm they've had in years. I was kind of hoping to see snow while there, but this was insane. This kinda foiled the car shoots, but I'm not complaining- I had a blast. We were snowed in for a lot of the time, we had to resort to walking around because cars got stuck. The street got cleaned up pretty good after a day or two and people were able to drive again.

Overall my trip was pretty epic, I went ice fishing, got to ride in a snowmobile-powered toboggan, snowball fights, snow wrestling, slipping, etc. Basically everything you can't do in ATL.

Here are some pics:

One day we decided to visit a friends music studio and had to walk there. It was blistering cold and your foot sinks knee deep into the snow in some places, making it pretty unbearable. We saw the lights on at a local pizza spot, so we went in and ordered some pizzas for delivery and asked if we could ride with the driver to the kids house. It worked, haha.

Here's a single prop "Ultra Light" plane that everyone got to take a ride and survey the land in. They let everyone except for me ride in it bc they said it would be unsafe due to my size. Canada lost at least 7 cool points that day.

My cousins asked to help shovel the driveway... so of course I helped, bhahah

So we went snow fishing, it was pretty epic. So this big lake was completely frozen over and they put little ice huts everywhere. There were holes on the bottom through over a foot of ice. There is some long explanation on why the water is so clear when the lake is frozen, but I don't remember exactly. The huts had vents and windows, but if you close everything, the hut gets pretty dark. When your eyes get used to it, the light from the holes brighten up the hut. When you look down, you can see EVERYTHING. You can drop your lure down ~50 feet and still see it... you can see the fish approach it and take the bait. Pretty insane. We all caught some perch. I want to go again and use bigger hooks and bigger bait, as I've heard people catching some monster stuff out of those holes.

And this place: Tim Horton's- it's at like every corner and the cannucks are addicted to it. Not particularly good, but hits the spot after teens and 20 degree temperatures.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

That looks like an awesome vacation.

What camera was you using ?

Lol why do you always mess with your cousin bro

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    What camera was you using ?
    canon t2i

Quote Originally Posted by isa2o3 View Post
    Lol why do you always mess with your cousin bro
    We grew up together and all messed around with each other. I was just always slightly better at it, LOL

This is us back in the day hahahah

I'm the one all the way on the right, and sitting next to me is Taha, who I pranked via ImportAtlanta a few years ago, lol! Here's the thread --> Pwnage time

it's all out of love/respect/siblinghood, haha!

God I hate walking in snow. Ice fishing looks awesome though.

Looks like an awesome winter vacation! ... going on a cruise next month haha

IA Member

Awesome really very good and best photos and looks like your enjoyment and a fun with your family in Tonto because these are all photos shown a great and awesome tour of Tonto of your's with your family i like this and like the way of your photo making for reamember this tour always....