Thread: My Recent Hawaii Vacay

Default My Recent Hawaii Vacay

I stayed there for 1 week and I must say that island is SO beautiful! I recommend everyone visit there at least once before they die. I'll post a few photos, but I also uploaded the whole album onto Facebook if you want to check the rest of them. Photos were taken with a Canon 5DMK2 using a 24-105mm f/4L lens (3 of the photos were taken with a 70-200 F2.8L lens).

Mmkbye!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=8cf70ab5d4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_2628-jpg   -img_2533-jpg   -img_2358-jpg   -img_2310-jpg   -img_2312-jpg  

^-^V
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_2865-jpg   -img_2854-jpg   -img_2803-jpg   -img_2735-jpg   -img_2639-jpg  

Meh.

Went there once about 12 years ago, place was gorgeous. I'll be back again (especially now that I'm married), but there are other places I haven't been that I'd like to check out first. Nice pics.
    Last edited by Skorcher; 09-11-2012 at 08:45 AM.

I went to Oahu, and was not impressed. It's nice in Waikiki, but a lot of it is pretty poor. Beaches are a joke, as they are just volcanic rock, and not much sand, and the water wasn't as clear as the Caribbean. It looks nice and ok for 1 visit, but I don't need to go again.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Meh.

That may be the difference David, I didn't go to Oahu. I was mainly on the big island.

I love me some Caribbean, Jamaica to be exact. Hawaii is cool though
    The Answer to 1984 is 1776
    -Alex Jones

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    I went to Oahu, and was not impressed. It's nice in Waikiki, but a lot of it is pretty poor. Beaches are a joke, as they are just volcanic rock, and not much sand, and the water wasn't as clear as the Caribbean. It looks nice and ok for 1 visit, but I don't need to go again.
    I stayed with a friend that lived in Waikiki so I borrowed his bike and went all around. I definitely know what you mean by the poor parts of town. I can't say I agree with you on the beach part though because I saw so much sand and thought the beaches were very nice (especially in the touristy areas). Perhaps the Carribean beaches are nicer though; I wouldn't know cause I've never gone. I had a pretty good tour of several trails, Hanauma Bay, and sight seeing on the island.

Its always better when you have friends that live there and shows you around

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT707 View Post
    I stayed with a friend that lived in Waikiki so I borrowed his bike and went all around. I definitely know what you mean by the poor parts of town. I can't say I agree with you on the beach part though because I saw so much sand and thought the beaches were very nice (especially in the touristy areas). Perhaps the Carribean beaches are nicer though; I wouldn't know cause I've never gone. I had a pretty good tour of several trails, Hanauma Bay, and sight seeing on the island.
    Hanauma Bay is much cloudier water than the Caribbean but had plenty of fish and turtles.

Waikiki Beach has plenty of sand, as do all of the other beaches - until you get about 3 feet into the water. Then you find hard volcanoc rock there. Take a look - anyone going out into the water wears swimming shoes.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Hanauma Bay is much cloudier water than the Caribbean but had plenty of fish and turtles.

Waikiki Beach has plenty of sand, as do all of the other beaches - until you get about 3 feet into the water. Then you find hard volcanoc rock there. Take a look - anyone going out into the water wears swimming shoes.
    You right about the the coast though. I encountered that!