Thread: 77mm graduated ND filter? square filters?

Default 77mm graduated ND filter? square filters?

before i begin this is reference to my Sigma 10-20MM lens. has anyone ever used a Cokin 77MM square filter with a lens this wide? im afraid to order it and get some nasty vignetting and at the same time i dont want to buy a 100+ graduated ND filter. so expensive

any recommendations for a not cheap but not pocket breaking ND filter method for my 77MM lens?

This might be helpful they're saying with wide angle lenses there's a filter adapter that you could use. I'm curious if it would also help the vignetting if there is any.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...6&changemode=1

why not get a LCW faderND... with your lens being on the wide side this should take care of most of your needs. There are people showing that the cheaper faderND's have too much softening @ longer focal lengths, but 10-20, you should be golden. Also if you are not using a Full Frame sensor, then I wouldn't worry too much about vingetting from filters, I run a 46mm faderND on my 20mm f1.6 46mm thread lens and I get no vingette. I would worry more on vingetting when you start using a lot of step up rings to use larger filters on smaller thread lenses.
    (OO\_SKYLINE_/OO)