Thread: Question ( No Pics )

i has stock car :D

Default Question ( No Pics )

I'm kinda trying to hop on the photography bandwagon and was just wondering what a good starting camera would be, and maybe a few pointers?

Just anything that would help me get started. Reps for help.

banned mother fucker

send CH@Dbee a pm, all the pics that i have seen of his on here is awesome,im sure he can point you in that direction. good luck

go to best buy and play with the canon and nikon cameras. figure out which ones feels best in your hands and which one you like better. after you figure out which one feels better in your hands and which one has the settings you prefer go home and order it off B&H photo

stick with canon or nikon.

any pointers on how to start? angles, editing, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by trajedy View Post
    any pointers on how to start? angles, editing, etc?
    http://digital-photography-school.com/tips

Pentax and meatspin.

All you need to know about the world of photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Pentax and meatspin.

All you need to know about the world of photography.

George Plans on being nicer to people.
    6 hours ago · Comment · Like

its cool.. Im the meatspin, spin length record holder.

Quote Originally Posted by CH@Dbee View Post
    go to best buy and play with the canon and nikon cameras. figure out which ones feels best in your hands and which one you like better. after you figure out which one feels better in your hands and which one has the settings you prefer go home and order it off B&H photo

stick with canon or nikon.
    X2 ...also if you can, consider the software that comes with the camera for viewing and editing your RAW files.

I shoot Canon... and have Nikon envy at times... and I have friends the shoot Nikon and they have Canon envy. Grass is greener on the other side I guess.

I will say this (LOW-END VS. LOW-END): Nikon cameras have a better shutter sound and feel compared to the plastic CLACK Canon XTi and XS cameras have.

If starting with a Canon don't go below the XSi or T1i.

want to buy a ps2?

i always prefer buying things based on how they sound.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by trajedy View Post
    I'm kinda trying to hop on the photography bandwagon and was just wondering what a good starting camera would be, and maybe a few pointers?

Just anything that would help me get started. Reps for help.
    You don't need a DSLR to get into photography. Canon in particular makes some pretty good point & shoot cameras. (S9? G10?)

If you don't know what you like yet, or what kind of photos you will be taking for the most part.... beg, borrow, & steal equipment and use it until you get an idea of which direction you are going in.

With a few exceptions, taking pictures in good light and good conditions of stationary objects that don't move does NOT require a particularly nice camera. Its the other stuff that gets tricky.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
    You don't need a DSLR to get into photography. Canon in particular makes some pretty good point & shoot cameras. (S9? G10?)

If you don't know what you like yet, or what kind of photos you will be taking for the most part.... beg, borrow, & steal equipment and use it until you get an idea of which direction you are going in.

With a few exceptions, taking pictures in good light and good conditions of stationary objects that don't move does NOT require a particularly nice camera. Its the other stuff that gets tricky.
    I normally don't agree with you, but I do here.

There are some very good point and shoots that are borderline DSLR's (Olympus C8080 for example, but I'm not sure if they make it anymore) that give you more than enough room to grow into w/o the big cost. DSLR's main claim to fame is in the glass, which can get expensive. Like Tarzan said, if you're going to be taking mainly stationary pics, then you'll be fine. Break your teeth in with the good PNS camera and then step up to DSLR's.

Good luck and happy shooting.

Get a good P&S with a manual settings option, and a tripod, and start there. Read up on shutter speed and aperture and how they work. When you get comfortable, sell the P&S THEN go to a DSLR. That's your best bet. Also, when you're ready for the D-SLR, you can go up a little past the entry level cameras. I hate the entry level cameras in terms of feel and build, and while that doesn't effect the pictures, it does make a difference in comfort. I find that one less thing I have to concentrate on, like coping with a cheap camera or worrying about breaking, is more energy I can invest in the shot.

^^ Yeah, I drew a frame of a man running on each fan blade. That is him running at idle

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900 View Post
    I normally don't agree with you, but I do here.
    Thats because you ride a gay Honda CBR900! When your balls drop, let me know and we can get you on a real bike, like a Yamaha R1

Rossi > Pedrosa!

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
    Thats because you ride a gay Honda CBR900! When your balls drop, let me know and we can get you on a real bike, like a Yamaha R1

Rossi > Pedrosa!
    Don't hate because my bike set the bar as high as it did. R1's wouldn't exist w/o 900rr's being there to kick their Exup ass first.....'member that?