Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gots me a new toy

Certified Gearhead

If you want to learn the real gun laws in GA visit either one of these sites.

www.georgiapacking.org

www.georgiacarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by NEONRACER
    Wow this thread is full of wrong information, with the exception of a few people. IA is not the place to get information regarding gun laws. lol Hell this thread started as a new firearm thread and now people who have no business talking about gun laws are trying to enlighten people.

The Hi-Point is decent little starter pistol. It will run hollow points with a polished feed ramp. It has a lifetime warranty so it will always be fixed for free and the service is almost unmatche din the industry. The gun is heavy for it's size and does not conceal well. It is a great plinker, truck/boat gun. Something to get as a backup hidden somewhere in the home. I would not carry it as a primary weapon.

To the guy who thinks an Ar-15 is better for home protection then a handgun. Are you trying to hold off a group of armed individuals? Have you ever tried to clear a dark house with an AR? A handgun is much easier to use within the home with much less chance of overpenetration into your neighbor's bedroom. If you want real home protection get a 18.5" shotgun. Ever seen what a slug does to it's target? 00 buck would be ideal, and 9 pellets to the chest will not allow them to get away.
    reps for someone who doesn't have his head up his ass...or at least not as far

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B18CDELSLO
    I have been pulled over numerous times with my gun loaded with 1 in the chamber, as long as the gun is not under the seats or in between the seats your gonna be ok! glove box, passenger seat, dash, center console are all ok, just let the officer kno wen they get to the car, they will take the gun and run the numbers and as long as its clean its all good
    or you can get a permit and dont have to worry about where you can carry it in the car... but you sir are wrong.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mech.
    or you can get a permit and dont have to worry about where you can carry it in the car... but you sir are wrong.
    or you can not and still not have anything to worry about.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    or you can not and still not have anything to worry about.

Exactly what I was thinking. You have to look like a criminal to have it taken away from you and have the #'s ran. lol Worst I have had is just keep your hands close to the wheel. I would have done it out of courtesy anyway.

By the way the mags I got from you shawAg3n feed fine. I always worry with mags. Even new ones can give you problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NEONRACER
    Exactly what I was thinking. You have to look like a criminal to have it taken away from you and have the #'s ran. lol Worst I have had is just keep your hands close to the wheel. I would have done it out of courtesy anyway.

By the way the mags I got from you shawAg3n feed fine. I always worry with mags. Even new ones can give you problems.
    good to hear, if you're in need of a 40 rd mag or some ammo for that ar lemme know

wow i asked one simple question got it answered within an hour i was just unsure....... i got the hi point bc i have never owned a pistol and wanted something simple and cheap so if i fck it up learning to clean it or dismantle it i am out 150 bucks compared to 400+ i am not some guy that claims to be an expert but all experts learn somehow and i learn better doin things myself....... i have applied for my gun permit applied the following day that i got it i just wanted to be sure of the law about having a gun in my car before i got in trouble
    NO NWS

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    good to hear, if you're in need of a 40 rd mag or some ammo for that ar lemme know

Haven't many good things about those 40 rd mags. Most of them jam too much for me. What do you have in the way of .223 or 5.56 and how much. I am always looking for a good deal.

Foxbodies?? Anyone?? ranger250x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 93ludew/h22a
    wow i asked one simple question got it answered within an hour i was just unsure....... i got the hi point bc i have never owned a pistol and wanted something simple and cheap so if i fck it up learning to clean it or dismantle it i am out 150 bucks compared to 400+ i am not some guy that claims to be an expert but all experts learn somehow and i learn better doin things myself....... i have applied for my gun permit applied the following day that i got it i just wanted to be sure of the law about having a gun in my car before i got in trouble
    Just go out and have fun with it. like you say $150 so what if its not some HK or Glock. Its your gun if others dont like it mabey they will be nice enough to give you the extra moo-la to upgrade.
    1999 Mazda Miata- For Sale $4,500 FRIM!

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 93ludew/h22a
    when you get the permit you should have gotten all the laws with the permit... and if the law changes about permits and where you can and cannnot carry. you will get a new permit and laws.
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mech.
    when you get the permit you should have gotten all the laws with the permit... and if the law changes about permits and where you can and cannnot carry. you will get a new permit and laws.
    um what county are you in? i've never heard of anyone getting the laws when they receive their permit...nor have i heard about anyone getting updates when new laws/bills are passed...

Certified Gearhead

I seem to remember getting some paperwork with the laws on it the day I applied for my permit but that was years ago now. lol I know oyu do not get anything sent to you when a new law is passed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12