Thread: Northern Lights

Default Northern Lights

Found these and thought I'd share.

FYI
    "The auroras exist in the outmost layer of the atmosphere. They are created by electrically charged particles that make the thin air shine, not unlike a fluorescent light. They can be seen in auroral belts that forms 20-25 degrees around the geomagnetic poles, both the north and the south. The Northern Lights, also called Aurora Borealis (Southern lights or Aurora Australis in the southern hemisphere), are one of the most spectacular shows on this earth. Sometimes they cover almost all of the sky and seem to be dancing around with such grace and speed that one can only watch in awe. They are difficult to photograph but Sigurdur H Stefnisson has mastered techniques not only to capture the Northern Lights but also some interesting foregrounds in his photographs. He exposes his shots to show us a tasteful blend of the northern lights and the world around him."

Formerly Spyder Man

They look photo chopped, i have seen them in real life they do look a lot like that on a cold clear night
    :boobies:

i dont think they're p'chopped. nice find chris!

They aren't chopped. This guy takes great pride in his work.
    I've seen them in real life too. I was on an airplane from NY to Europe (Pre 9/11) and was able to go up to the cockpit (a word you never get to say enough) and the pilots pointed out the northern lights.

Formerly Spyder Man

I am not at all disagreeing that they look like that, i was just saying it LOOKS photo chopped, the colors are so saturated and un natural looking for the back grounds, i understand these are the real thing, it doesnt make them LOOK any more real to me is all
    :boobies:

I wasn't trying to debunk you, just stating it.
    Cool as hell though eh?