Thread: I need a photographer~!

"Airbags save lives, Subaru save airbags"

Default I need a photographer~!

Ok hey. When I finish putting a couple more parts on my car I want to do a photoshoot with my car and this model I know. (end of month , beginning of next) I already have a make-up artist for the model. Im just loking for a good photographer also with some good location ideas~! Here is my car and the girl! (the old girl in my sig)

Last edited by dubs03rsx; 05-08-2007 at 06:26 PM.

damn....that shits gangsta and the girl is fine as hell. I wouldnt tell you to go to anyone but George (Mr. Nemesis)....Great guy and great photographer

yeh but she is a HANDFULL!

Quote Originally Posted by dubs03rsx
    yeh but she is a HANDFULL!
    i know what you mean....

but here's some shots that george took for us to further help you decide on which photographer
    Preview of my Photoshoot with the Project Motorsports Team

More of your Project Motorsports Crew!!!!!

they look amazing......... Arent you Johnny.. I met you through Will right? I had the rsx but she went into a hill on 120

thats me alright....and which will you talking about?? i know so many wills and im not sure i met anyone with a black rsx except for my boy henry

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

I'll do it if Jorge can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Youngn
    thats me alright....and which will you talking about?? i know so many wills and im not sure i met anyone with a black rsx except for my boy henry
    Will with the white evo.

gotcha...when did i meet you?? a name or something would help

Quote Originally Posted by The Youngn
    gotcha...when did i meet you?? a name or something would help
    it was the night we were all at the kroger and u and the mr2 were running if I can remember correctly and will was running someone else ... Something like that .. oh and Im jdubs.. john.. whichever.. haha HI! jajahaha

oooo.....i remember now. you meet so many people from car meets its hard to keep up sometime. But damn...sucks that you got in an accident with the rsx but props on the sube....sti or no?? thing looks gangsta as hell either way

yeh its an sti, vishnu exhaust, vishnu ecu . vishnu mounts... and cusco inverted coilovers ROOLS: and sway bars and other then the stuff u can see another set of wheels.. enkei rpf1s

IA Member

i would do day shots with her & the car... and night shots with just the car.

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubs03rsx
    Ok hey. When I finish putting a couple more parts on my car I want to do a photoshoot with my car and this model I know. (end of month , beginning of next) I already have a make-up artist for the model. Im just loking for a good photographer also with some good location ideas~! Here is my car and the girl! (the old girl in my sig)
    How much you looking to spend? Got a location or two, depends on the look you are aiming for...

Quote Originally Posted by Unnecessary
    I would do day shots with her & the car... and night shots with just the car.
    We have studio lights with softboxes and a battery pack for them
    Attached Images Attached Images    

itsa all really relative to location and ideas me and the photographer come up with. I mean I just want some really good shots. Different locations would be more important then night and day shots

then ofcourse cost. almost forgot that.. I dont need to throw out tons of cash and just shot all day.. Im just looking to get lucky and capture a handful of nice shots.

A.K.A. GA Teg

Really depends on how trained the model is and how well she can take direction. I have worked with models that hit the mark everytime or needed very little direction and the shoot took only about 35 mins. I have also worked with a ton of models that did not know how to pose and it took well over 4 hours to get the shots we were looking for. Really depends on

1) How many looks are you after
    2) How many locations are you wanting
    3) Locations of the areas you want to shoot
    4) How trained is the model
    5) How will the photos be used

These are just a few things I talk over with my potential clients to get a feel of what they are after and how is the best way to go about getting the shot(s) they want. Not everyone will do this but this is the way we conduct our model shoots. Also if need we do have a full studio light setup that can be taken on location to shoot. Below are two examples of different looks, one shot in the afternoon and one shot in a tunnel at Road Atlanta on a rainy day just to give you an idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sl9-jpg   -leslie-jpg  
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

CHIEF LITTLEFINGERS! SixSquared's Avatar

I'll do it no charge if I'm in town... I need more portfolio stuff and models down here wanna get paid. >_< bitches.

Fuck stance. Stance is for kids in skinny jeans with Justin Beiber haircuts. You don't need stance when you got swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by xPhantomSolx
    I'll do it no charge if I'm in town... I need more portfolio stuff and models down here wanna get paid. >_< bitches.
    lol, you get what you pay for Get to the point where models want to pay you to shoot them then come back

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    lol, you get what you pay for Get to the point where models want to pay you to shoot them then come back
    I'm actually pretty good, thank you... I'm not a professional, but it's a fun hobby. I wanted to minor in photography, but doing so would cost me an additional $15,000, so I said "mmmm no thanks!". I've shot LA a few times with amazing results, but most of that I attribute to us being friends, her being an amazing model, and we just have such a fun time. And I've done a couple of magazine shoots for a few different magazines... Just because I don't dedicate my life to it doesn't mean I can't get the same shots as you, sir.

Fuck stance. Stance is for kids in skinny jeans with Justin Beiber haircuts. You don't need stance when you got swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by xPhantomSolx
    I'm actually pretty good, thank you... I'm not a professional, but it's a fun hobby. I wanted to minor in photography, but doing so would cost me an additional $15,000, so I said "mmmm no thanks!". I've shot LA a few times with amazing results, but most of that I attribute to us being friends, her being an amazing model, and we just have such a fun time. And I've done a couple of magazine shoots for a few different magazines... Just because I don't dedicate my life to it doesn't mean I can't get the same shots as you, sir.
    I said nothing about anyones ability, i'm saying you're complaining about models wanting to get paid...what do you expect? You'll be using their image to promote yourself, I understand you're in the TFP phase but you can't blame or belittle someone for that. That's their work and at some point they will pay you to be shot because of the quality of photos for their portfolio....in turn will be making them more money.

I want 1 or 2 nice wheel shots. Good scenery shot and the rest with the model. Like full body figure shots wiht her and the car. She knows what she is doing so this shoot would not be hard at all. She is a very well trained she is with ELITE models. She has done a lot of work. From banana republic to Intel.. So she is polished. She is expensive. (Good thing she owes me!) I would use the shots to show my car off and to try and get more sponsors. (rsx gone those sponsors gone) Which ofcourse would spread your names around.

and the true final decision for it will be how much it will cost me for you to take them

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    I said nothing about anyones ability, i'm saying you're complaining about models wanting to get paid...what do you expect? You'll be using their image to promote yourself, I understand you're in the TFP phase but you can't blame or belittle someone for that. That's their work and at some point they will pay you to be shot because of the quality of photos for their portfolio....in turn will be making them more money.
    I don't blame or belittle them for it.. I blame and belittle them doing it for free for the photography students and not anyone else. The school's resources are supposed to be available to all students, regardless of major, and once a model signs to be associated with SCAD, she becomes a school resource. As an Industrial Design student, if I want to go to the still life center and spend an evening painting and using SCAD stools, easels, and the facility, I am allowed to. If a photo student wants to come into the Industrial Design building and use the open tool set (palm sanders and stuff like that), they are allowed to. The model center is a totally different territory though.. the facilities are always open, and you fill out a sheet of paper and give 3-4 times you would like to do a photoshoot with whichever model and where it will be, and then drop it in his/her box. The models are notorious for sending an email to non-photo students and saying "yeah I will do it, but since it's not a day I'm regularly there, it's gonna be $50/hr". It's a loophole in the contract that SCAD doesn't seem to care to fix. Granted, generally even photo students use their friends as models, the SCAD models pretty much suck. Their promotion is done already.. they are under contract with a major art school and in their contract they are allowed to freelance as they please and use SCAD as a reference. There is no reason they should be being bitches to students. They sign that piece of paper knowing that we will be photographing them for our own self promotion.. they have already been promoted!

yeh sara would normally cost me at least 200 an hour! : oh noes:

A.K.A. GA Teg

Phantom,

Go outside the realm of the school. I have been contacted many times by models in the savannah and macon areas that want to do TFP. Find you one or two girls close that you can shoot and then take the best out of those shots and post them up and offer TFP. Once you get a couple of girls in to shoot and the shots are reflecting what you are capable of then flip to charging. Not a lot at first but maybe something small and then build up from there.
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by A.P. Photography
    Phantom,

Go outside the realm of the school. I have been contacted many times by models in the savannah and macon areas that want to do TFP. Find you one or two girls close that you can shoot and then take the best out of those shots and post them up and offer TFP. Once you get a couple of girls in to shoot and the shots are reflecting what you are capable of then flip to charging. Not a lot at first but maybe something small and then build up from there.
    I generally do go outside of school... very lucky for me, I have a lot of hot friends, and most of them are camera whores. And SCC is a local tuning shop that throws local shows so we get a lot of photo ops. School's the easiest way, because my friends all go to SCAD and we are all hella busy. The day that Nora can make it, Chantal can't... the day that Chantal and Nora are available I'm swamped with homework... it's a vicious cycle. Hopefully over the summer I'll be able to meet up with some new people and get a little more established... I've shot a few weddings down here and the people have always been impressed with the results, and the weddings I get paid for... my damn DSLR finally paid for itself lol.

George, Matt, Jaime, Tom, Brady
    :boobies: & = :idb:

Quote Originally Posted by Cav-E-R

Quote Originally Posted by Cav-E-R
    or Car Pics & Pictures & Photoshops