Thread: Subdivision Bans Wreath With Peace Sign

Default Subdivision Bans Wreath With Peace Sign

Saw this on the AOL news thing and thought it was probably the stupidest thing ive ever seen. check it out, see what yall think. Heres the link if you want to read what other people thought about it.
    http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...00010000000001
    Quote Originally Posted by AOL News

DENVER (Nov. 26) - A homeowners association in southwestern Colorado has threatened to fine a resident $25 a day until she removes a Christmas wreath with a peace sign that some say is an anti-Iraq war protest or a symbol of Satan.

Some residents who have complained have children serving in Iraq, said Bob Kearns, president of the Loma Linda Homeowners Association in Pagosa Springs. He said some residents have also believed it was a symbol of Satan. Three or four residents complained, he said.

"Somebody could put up signs that say drop bombs on Iraq. If you let one go up you have to let them all go up," he said in a telephone interview Sunday.

Lisa Jensen said she wasn't thinking of the war when she hung the wreath. She said, "Peace is way bigger than not being at war. This is a spiritual thing."

Jensen, a past association president, calculates the fines will cost her about $1,000, and doubts they will be able to make her pay. But she said she's not going to take it down until after Christmas.
    "Now that it has come to this I feel I can't get bullied," she said. "What if they don't like my Santa Claus."

The association in this 200-home subdivision 270 miles southwest of Denver has sent a letter to her saying that residents were offended by the sign and the board "will not allow signs, flags etc. that can be considered divisive."

The subdivision's rules say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.

Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything. Kearns fired all five committee members.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

HOA's suck balls...

Fuckin hippies

"She massages Shit" Mike Lowrey's Avatar

This is just another example of what is wrong with people. WTF is wrong with this wreath. Nothing!

If only killing was legal, I would do my fair share of eliminating the dumbasses in this world.
    Rich...Bob...Stan...?????

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    HOA's suck balls...
    yeah they do...........Thats why won't live anywhere that has one cause I deal with clients that have them all day long and its a pain in the ass.

That's the stupidest fucking thing I've seen all morning.

Home Owners Associations do nothing but piss and moan about people in the neighborhood who don't obsessively maintain their yard, and cut down their trees.

I had the "leader" of my moms neighborhood's HOA tell me not to do flips off the diving board at the pool. I called her a facist, did another flip, and went home to get drunk instead.

(You can imagine how the HOA of her neighborhood feels when I used to have 8 of the loudest cars in Cobb County coming and going from my house, at once, on a regular basis.)

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    HOA's suck balls...
    Quote Originally Posted by JstAneon
    Fuckin hippies
    x2 for both
    www.fairtax.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)