Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Devil started Islam?????

IA Member

Default The Devil started Islam?????

Hey guys i was over at a friends house one night and i was talking to this guy and he told me somthing he heard from someone about how Islam got started here it goes.............................................. ....................

Well i always thought Abraham had two sons one by disobeying God and from the promise God gave him. One was The prosperous Issac and one was the rebelious Ismail or sum like that and Issac kept on with Gods will and Ismail was rebelious and eventually started what we now know as Islam. But this guy told me that in the Koran it tells of a "angel" coming down and telling Muhammad to write the koran or somthing along those lines and you know the Devil is deception so many Christians believe that the devil fooled muhammed as a pretend angel and told him to pretty much form Islam with mixed bible refrences cause if you look at the Koran it is somewhat simliar to the Bible. Now it dosent contridict my story about Abraham, but it is somthing to think about and when he told me this God really hit me that it was true so i just figured to tell all you who want to listen

I'd like to hear more. for or against
    www.fairtax.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiaman
    Hey guys i was over at a friends house one night and i was talking to this guy and he told me somthing he heard from someone about how Islam got started here it goes.............................................. ....................

Well i always thought Abraham had two sons one by disobeying God and from the promise God gave him. One was The prosperous Issac and one was the rebelious Ismail or sum like that and Issac kept on with Gods will and Ismail was rebelious and eventually started what we now know as Islam. But this guy told me that in the Koran it tells of a "angel" coming down and telling Muhammad to write the koran or somthing along those lines and you know the Devil is deception so many Christians believe that the devil fooled muhammed as a pretend angel and told him to pretty much form Islam with mixed bible refrences cause if you look at the Koran it is somewhat simliar to the Bible. Now it dosent contridict my story about Abraham, but it is somthing to think about and when he told me this God really hit me that it was true so i just figured to tell all you who want to listen
    wow worthless post, you may want to do research before posting christian propaganda
    Val for President

so.. islam is a branch of christianity in some perspective?

Islam arose in Arabia in the 7th century with the emergence of the prophet Muhammad.

Muhammad claimed that he had been chosen by God, like the Hebrew prophets before him, to preach repentance, submission to God, and a coming day of judgment. He said he was not preaching a new religion, just reviving the old and pure tradition that the Christians and Jews had debased.
    Val for President

Quote Originally Posted by babowc
    so.. islam is a branch of christianity in some perspective?
    yes it is

they just felt that they should revive some parts that the jews and christians had not followed
    Val for President

IA Member

hey man i probably didnt get all the details right or anything but i was just given people sum to talk about.....

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiaman
    hey man i probably didnt get all the details right or anything but i was just given people sum to talk about.....
    its cool, id like to hear a valid argument for it though
    Val for President

i seee.. tahts interesting.
    wonder why they idolize cows or something.. or is that muslim?

i seee.. tahts interesting.
    wonder why they idolize cows or something.. or is that muslim?
    i always thought muslims were the people who practiced islam
    Val for President

?_? i dunno..
    all i know is that the people who say they're following religion and whatever and causing terrorism are just using their religion as something to use.

im sure no real religion will tell anyone to kill

?_? i dunno..
    all i know is that the people who say they're following religion and whatever and causing terrorism are just using their religion as something to use.

im sure no real religion will tell anyone to kill
    exactly

but back on the topic about the devil i just searched and the only places i find that are on christian message boards, dont see anything valid to post that the devil started islam
    Val for President

only thing if devil started a religion would be the antichrist IMO

About Islam and American Muslims

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Islam?

Islam is not a new religion. It is the same truth that God revealed to all His prophets throughout history. Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy and forgiveness that should not be associated with acts of violence against the innocent.

Who are Muslims and what do they believe?

There are an estimated 1.2 billion Muslims worldwide. No more than 20 percent of Muslims live in the Arabic-speaking world. The country with the largest Muslim population is Indonesia. Muslims believe in One, Unique, and Incomparable God. They believe in the Day of Judgement and individual accountability for actions. Muslims believe in a chain of prophets beginning with Adam and including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, David, Solomon, and Jesus. God's eternal message was reaffirmed and finalized by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be on them all). One becomes a Muslim by saying, "There is no deity but God, and Muhammad is the messenger of God." By this declaration, the person announces faith in all of God's messengers.

What is the Quran?

The Quran is the record of the exact words revealed by God through the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad. It was memorized by Muhammad and then dictated to his companions. The text of the Quran was cross-checked during the life of the Prophet. The 114 chapters of the Quran have remained unchanged through the centuries.

What are the "Five Pillars" of Islam?

1) The Declaration of Faith - This consists of the two sentence declaration described above.
    2) Prayer - Muslims perform five obligatory prayers each day. Islamic prayers are a direct link between the worshiper and God. Islam has no hierarchical authority or priesthood. A learned Muslim chosen by each congregation leads the prayers.
    3) Zakat - One of the most important principles of Islam is that all things belong to God and that wealth is held in trust by human beings. Zakat, or charitable giving, "purifies" wealth by setting aside a portion for those in need. This payment is usually two and a half percent of one's capital.
    4) Fasting - Every year in the Islamic lunar month of Ramadan, Muslims fast from first light until sunset. The fast is another method of self-purification.
    5) Pilgrimage - A pilgrimage to Mecca, or Hajj, is an obligation for those who are physically or financially able.

What about the American Muslim community?

There are an estimated 7 million Muslims in America. The Muslim community in America is made up of people from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds and national origins. There are almost 2,000 mosques, Islamic schools and Islamic centers in America. Muslims are active in all walks of life. Islam is one of the fastest growing religions in this country and around the world.

What about Muslim women?

Under Islamic law, women have always had the right to own property, receive an education and otherwise take part in community life. Men and women are to be respected equally. The Islamic rules for modest dress apply to both women and men equally. (Men cannot expose certain parts of their bodies, wear gold or silk, etc.) If a particular society oppresses women, it does so in spite of Islam, not because of it.

What is Jihad?

"Jihad" does not mean "holy war." Literally, jihad means to strive, struggle and exert effort. It is a central and broad Islamic concept that includes struggle against evil inclinations within oneself, struggle to improve the quality of life in society, struggle in the battlefield for self-defense (e.g., - having a standing army for national defense), or fighting against tyranny or oppression.

http://www.cair-net.org/default.asp?Page=aboutIslam

please can someone do some bloody research before they open their traps....that is all

yousef
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

....and my top let back umairejaz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    Islam arose in Arabia in the 7th century with the emergence of the prophet Muhammad.

Muhammad claimed that he had been chosen by God, like the Hebrew prophets before him, to preach repentance, submission to God, and a coming day of judgment. He said he was not preaching a new religion, just reviving the old and pure tradition that the Christians and Jews had debased.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by theskinnyone
    About Islam and the American Muslim

yousef
    +1

Learning everyday.

only thing if devil started a religion would be the antichrist IMO
    Although I think he has 'sparked' some religious movements the devil tends more to infiltrate religions.
    Islamics/Muslims definitely have their problems in this regard but to be honest so do baptists, jews, pentacostals, methodists, catholics, JW's, and every other religion/denomination you can name.
    The devil seeks to keep ALL people in darkness no matter their religion.

J.d.R.'s GiRl

people need to stop assuming things about another's faith, when u have all hte facts u have to right to speak...otherwise ur words have no base to stand on

Quote Originally Posted by speedqueen
    people need to stop assuming things about another's faith, when u have all hte facts u have to right to speak...otherwise ur words have no base to stand on
    ...thank you
    to quote Tom Clancy:

"assumption is a motherfucker"
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by metalman
    The devil seeks to keep ALL people in darkness no matter their religion.
    very well said

Quote Originally Posted by HotHordas7
    very well said
    but there can only be a devil if you believe in him/it
    Val for President

Official Reality Checker Romeyo07's Avatar

On the other hand, the devil exists whether you believe in him or not.

Our Baby is Registered at Target
    Search for David or Amanda Adorno. Thanks!

The logic of making something that exists non existent by just thinking or believing it doesn't exist, doesnt fly. If someone chooses to believe there is no god or devil thats fine, its their choice, but their choice has no influence on reality. The opposite is also true.

There have been a goodly number of people throughout history who have tempted the devil into revealing himself in some way. I know a couple personally. Nothing good ever comes from that. I definitely do NOT recomend that approach. Even Christ never engaged in personal conversation with Satan. When approached and tempted He only gave him short Biblical answers and ordered him to leave.

If one wants to prove such existence they would be much better off to ask God to reveal Himself to them.

The logic of making something that exists non existent by just thinking or believing it doesn't exist, doesnt fly. If someone chooses to believe there is no god or devil thats fine, its their choice, but their choice has no influence on reality. The opposite is also true.
    exactly
    Val for President

exactly
    And so then we are left with the evidence for the existence of God (and for Satan) which is all around us to consider.

Of course as you well know I certianly respect individual choice.

And so then we are left with the evidence for the existence of God (and for Satan) which is all around us to consider.
    there is no proof either way
    Of course as you well know I certianly respect individual choice.
    so do i
    Val for President

there is no proof either way
    Oh there is MUCH proof. We have discussed some of it in our creation/evolution thread. Its there for any discerning eye. Saying it isnt doesnt change that.

Oh there is MUCH proof. We have discussed some of it in our creation/evolution thread. Its there for any discerning eye. Saying it isnt doesnt change that.
    it all boils down to what you believe cause there is no way to prove there is/isnt a god
    Val for President

it all boils down to what you believe cause there is no way to prove there is/isnt a god
    I simply said the evidence of such is all around us. Its far more then just belief alone.

I simply said the evidence of such is all around us. Its far more then just belief alone.
    the evidence around us can prove either way based on YOUR beliefs
    Val for President

the evidence around us can prove either way based on YOUR beliefs
    Actually not. No one has offered any real evidence of evolution...only a THEORY, the author of which admitted it had massive holes in it. On the other hand, there is much scientific and physical evidence of Creation, and a God.

Some choose to ignore the evidence, wait for more, or to be convinced by miraculous events or whatever etc. But make no mistake, the evidence is already there and it points to a God. I dare say more evidence will come forth before too many years.

Its not my beliefs that lead me to "see" the evidence. Its seeing the evidence that lead to my beliefs.

Its not my beliefs that lead me to "see" the evidence. Its seeing the evidence that lead to my beliefs.

Well put.

Actually not. No one has offered any real evidence of evolution...only a THEORY, the author of which admitted it had massive holes in it. On the other hand, there is much scientific and physical evidence of Creation, and a God.
    wheres the REAL evidence of creation then?

Some choose to ignore the evidence, wait for more, or to be convinced by miraculous events or whatever etc. But make no mistake, the evidence is already there and it points to a God. I dare say more evidence will come forth before too many years.

you interpret your "evidence" one way doesnt mean its the truth
    Val for President

wheres the REAL evidence of creation then?
    Several key items were given in the thread on that subject. I would refer you back to that.

As someone else said you can show people the proof over and over but if they dont wish to see it, or prefer that it not be so, they wont see it or acknowlege it.

you interpret your "evidence" one way doesnt mean its the truth
    The evidence speaks for itself...and it doesnt speak for evolution.
    And...its not my evidence, its there for ALL to see. From the instantaneous appearance of complex lifeforms in the fossil record, to the "frozen" rock halos that last only a nano second, to the complexity of design of life and the universe and extremely delicate balance of the existence of all, to the God given concience and sense of right and wrong within us...and so on and so on....ALL points to anything BUT evolution.

But perhaps if we put our hands over our eyes and ears we can make it not be so. Nahhh...doesnt work...I have tried that.

The evidence speaks for itself...and it doesnt speak for evolution.
    And...its not my evidence, its there for ALL to see. From the instantaneous appearance of complex lifeforms in the fossil record, to the "frozen" rock halos that last only a nano second, to the complexity of design of life and the universe and extremely delicate balance of the existence of all, to the God given concience and sense of right and wrong within us...and so on and so on....ALL points to anything BUT evolution.

But perhaps if we put our hands over our eyes and ears we can make it not be so. Nahhh...doesnt work...I have tried that.
    so it didnt work for you doesnt mean its not right

lol
    sorry i had to do that
    Val for President

ctrl+v PnWz jo0

IA Member

very well said metalman.......

The REAL ASIAN Thing

Well u can state historical documents are proof, but documents are intepretations of historians. What the person was really thinking when they wrote it, we will never know. Is there realli a god? who knows. Most people are scared of the after life punishments, thus they follow the rules. I follow my own rules of what I think is moral. Was Muhammad truly a phophet of God? ask him when u die lol

There are no rules....that's where people go wrong. People think they must follow a set a rules to live their lives when they become Christian. It doesn't work that way. After you've accepted Jesus (you guys know the story), then you do absolutely nothing to change yourself. The changes within you are not something you try to do, they happen when God starts to show himself in you. You'll notice the difference, and you had nothing to do with it.

Philippians 4:13

I think that's a whole topic in itself... but nice thought to ponder.

Philippians 4:13

back to the topic of islam... I find it interesting that the Islamic Faith is a very devout faith. If you talk to a christian or a jew there will be some devoted strong believers and some that arent, but when you talk to a muslim, rarely will you find a semi muslim... they are all very focused on their faith and live it out... I just got done with an intro to the Qur'an class where I was truely challenged by the way that some of the people in the class lived their lives as muslims. I think we should all devote ourselves to something as much as they do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast