31 52.54%
  • other: explain

6 10.17%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evolution or Creation?

Hybrid View

IA KING

Default Evolution or Creation?

Please choose and explain what you consider the life of the common frog?

Nothing more then procreation in action, preservation of specie...not NEW one.
    Frogs make more frogs...and so on.

Now, what about the polonium halos with a lifespan of nanoseconds FROZEN in rock??
    No way to freeze something lasting a nano second UNLESS....hmmm...thats right...you create the granite instantly!!! Only one "theory" for that...and its not evolution.

Before you get too involved in frogs there are many other scientific questions that need answers!!

hmm..

the universe didn't just "happen" out of nothing.
    www.fairtax.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)

Evolution

it's creation.... just because it takes time for the frog to take shape doesn't mean it's evolution....

Islander

Creation.... then growth.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

IA KING

Ok for you people who say CREATION? You think the frog just came out of nothing? If that is your logic then why aren't we asexual?

Both are principles of religion based upon faith. Neither is proveable.

Creationism is a building block principal of Christianity. You cannot prove that it happened, nor can you disprove it. You can only choose to believe or not to believe. That is a personal choice for each individual.

Evolution is a building block of Atheism. Again, it comes down to a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert

Creationism is a building block principal of Christianity. You cannot prove that it happened, nor can you disprove it. You can only choose to believe or not to believe. That is a personal choice for each individual.

Evolution is a building block of Atheism. Again, it comes down to a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert

I agree 100%

IA KING

Please edit. I have no idea what you just asked. :-p
    what i'm saying is there is not fucking magical hat for life !POOF! why do we have reproductive organs if creation is the how we exsist?

This may be a question that we won't know the exact answer for until we get to Heaven. God gave us this "gift" to be used as an act of intimacy between a HUSBAND and his WIFE. As for animals- I'm not sure why they aren't all asexual to be honest.

As for animals- I'm not sure why they aren't all asexual to be honest.
    It's so you can see the right way to do it "doggy-style" ....

As for animals- I'm not sure why they aren't all asexual to be honest.
    The children of conservative parents have to learn about sex from somewhere, since their parents won't tell them anything but not to do it. Why do you think guys always want to hit it from behind? Because that's how they do it on animal planet baby. Think of nature as God's Pre-K sex-ed class.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    ... if creation is the how we exsist?
    is this an Abbot and Costello routine?
    www.fairtax.org
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)

I would add...
    Sexuality was given not only as "an act of intimacy" but for humans to be part of the creative process as well. If you study human relations you will also find that human sexual intimacy also plays a major role in the bond between two people. It is a muti "purpose" feature.
    "be fruitful and multiply...."

True...

Please choose and explain what you consider the life of the common frog?

Frogs mate and lay eggs. Just like chickens.
    Frog legs taste like chicken, or do chicken legs taste like frog?
    Has nothing to do with evolution.....
    http://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/general/cycle.html

sorry if im wrong but i tink evolution thtts juss my opinion
    project- boost coming soon !

so.. someone really believes we, meaning the first humans, came from a single cell?
    and... we turned into monkeys, then somehow, evolutions took us to become humans?

soudns a bit off to me..
    im not here to prove/disprove, but God made us with dirt, we shed skin cells which in turn, turn into dust.
    we get cremated (SP?) and we turn into dust.

...maybe a coincidence..?

Quote Originally Posted by babowc
    so.. someone really believes we, meaning the first humans, came from a single cell?
    Scientific fact my friend. What do you think babies start out as babies? Nope, they begin as a single egg cell. So people already start as a single cell, no reason to believe we couldn't evolve from one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AWD OWNZ U
    Scientific fact my friend. What do you think babies start out as babies? Nope, they begin as a single egg cell. So people already start as a single cell, no reason to believe we couldn't evolve from one as well.
    Well...except for the mountain of OBVIOUS evidence against it.

Certified Gearhead

Did evolution happen the way science says it does, probably not. Did creation take place, of course not. Will we ever know the real truth? Yes, but not in our lifetime.

Certified Gearhead

Just for the record there is no shred of evidence to back up religion. No matter what argurment is brought to dispute this statement you will fail. You talk about no scientific evidence to support evolution but you actually have less to support creation.

the cells inside a mother's womb generates because of the nutrition and necessary needs are fulfilled by the mother to the fetus.

so, we're all somehow connected to the insects crawling outside of your house?
    do you really believe that?

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by babowc
    the cells inside a mother's womb generates because of the nutrition and necessary needs are fulfilled by the mother to the fetus.

so, we're all somehow connected to the insects crawling outside of your house?
    do you really believe that?
    have you ever seen the movie gattica? ya well we aren't far from being able to do that, considering the advancements we have made w/ dna/cloning... so yes we are all connected by single cell, in some form.

sorry, i havent seen that movie before.
    i dont think they've succesfully cloned a human yet, have they?
    i'm korean and im ashamed to say some idiot korean doctor lied to the press about the regenerating stem cell (iirc?) research.

people are tryingto play God.

IA KING

man has always played GOD and will always

Banana Hammock

evolution

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

This age long argument is nothing more than reverse engineering IMO.

Just because you can DUPLICATE something doesn't mean YOU created the original........

In 500 years if there are people still around, a Scientist will come up with yet another marvelous theory on how we all got here today .

Just as has been mentioned already, and I've said in a gazillion other discussions in this forum, a lot if not all our debates boil down to one basic thing; FAITH. Trying to logically explain something that defies logic is like putting someone in a round room and tell them to go sit in the corner......can't be done.

You obviously have not studied the scientists papers in question...and I would suggest you didnt study carefully the so called "refuted" evidence either. Nearly everything that is "refuted" by these scientists has already been addressed, even YEARS ago by the scientist in question. The scientists doing the refuting have been shown to largely be unfamilair with the evidence already presented in scientific journals and elsewhere. BUT....I wouldnt expect anyone who does a quick google search/cut/paste to know that.

The real fuel for the debate AGAINST a creative origin lies with one primary issue... the HOPE man clings to that their is no God, no judgement, accountibility...etc etc
    People do not wish to face the POSSIBILITY of any of that. They do not wish to study into what truth may be or sift through the various religions to sort out the BS from fact. Thats too much work. Its too overwhelming.

This is much like smokers/tobacco companies did for over 100 years, they continued to IGNORE the plain evidence right in front of them for a hope that tobacco wasnt a cause for illness and death when in fact the evidence and proof was right in front of them the whole time. Some people acknowledged this, the majority did not.
    Same with creation science...most people are happier believing what they HOPE is the fact rather then to investigate with an open mind to see what IS the fact....or to even ACKNOWLEGE the evidence for it in even a small way.

Certified Gearhead

Actually it is the fact that you are too scared to admit that when you die you die. You need to cling ot the hope that there is a heaven that you will spend eternity in. Will you remember your life on earth? What will you do in heaven? Some people need the fear of hell to keep them in line. Do you even know if your religion is right? Remember everyone believes there religion will get them into heaven and all the others are evil, which one are you? Do you even know?

You obviously know nothing about me.

I have never offered any church/denomination/religion as the "only one". I do know however that there is truth and there is error. I have no problem examining the facts to see what is what. And yes, I have learned alot about what is true and what isnt. Many (perhaps you I dont know) simply reject any possibility theyre not familiar with without any investigation and for the above reasons I already mentioned.

Also, I too reject the notion that one needs fear of hell etc to keep one in line. That is a problem that many churches have and even teach for the most part....probably largely due to catholic influence. In fact I reject most all of the commonly held beliefs of what hell is, and how its taught as nonsense. But then again, a simple understanding of english and reading just the Bible would tell that in a NY minute, not to mention the logic. So nothing of that sort motivates me.

But all of this aside...we still have MUCH scienctific evidence for creation as an origin.
    THAT can't just be swept under the rug although obviously many like to do that.

IA KING

What i don't get is all of the people trying to refute the LIFE CYCLE AS I POSTED as creation? If it is truely creation at hand:

WHY DO WE NEED REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS? god is so great he can do it w/o the intervention of man.

IF IT IS CREATION WHY DO YOU HAVE TO EVOLVE INTO A FORM? god could just BAM you are a man, no need for sperm to egg to..

IF IT IS CREATION WHY ARE WE NOT ASEXUAL? there is no need for sex to begin with, your precious bible tells the story of Mary, when was the last time you saw a pregnant virgin?

Some of you need to get a clue, you can call it any name you want but the life cycle is evolution... as i stated in previous post, you can call an apple an orange but its still an apple. I find it amazing i dont' believe in your god yet i can amount life to some divine intervention to start the process and evolution takes over; yet there has not been one of you to say the same :jerkit: . Its like your world would come crashing down if the thought of evolution exsisting at all... you guys are blinded by faith.

... you guys are blinded by faith.
    I dont think its any faith thats the issue here...its the lack of any compelling information in your argument that leads to others remaining unconvinced.
    You simply have shown that life can be re-created/reproduced from one cell, one egg, one embryo etc etc. That is ALL in complete harmony with a creative origin of the FIRST CELL/LIFEFORM...period. The subsequent adaptation, reproduction, etc etc of lifeforms is not itself at all compelling as evidence for non creative origin of those lifeforms...which is the central thesis of evolutuon.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by metalman
    I dont think its any faith thats the issue here...its the lack of any compelling information in your argument that leads to others remaining unconvinced.
    You simply have shown that life can be re-created/reproduced from one cell, one egg, one embryo etc etc. That is ALL in complete harmony with a creative origin of the FIRST CELL/LIFEFORM...period. The subsequent adaptation, reproduction, etc etc of lifeforms is not itself at all compelling as evidence for non creative origin of those lifeforms...which is the central thesis of evolutuon.
    ^ what are you babbling about? you are doing everything possible to not use the word evolution so your not wrong. Adaptaion and reproduction is evolution. Like i said you can call it what you want but its evolution; you still to answer 3 question i've brought up about reproduction.

Also the BIG BANG i guess you forgot that, its about as proven as Creation.

^ what are you babbling about? you are doing everything possible to not use the word evolution so your not wrong. Adaptaion and reproduction is evolution. Like i said you can call it what you want but its evolution; you still to answer 3 question i've brought up about reproduction.

Also the BIG BANG i guess you forgot that, its about as proven as Creation.
    I have already acknowleged evolution in that form more then once.

Big bang proven??? Something (cells/lifeforms from NOTHING)LOLOLOLOLOL......yeahhhhhhhhh right. Now youre cracking me up!!
    Talk about faith!! And...HOPE! Better have ALOT of faith in scientists who want you to use carbon dating for time measurments when such has been proven to be less accurate then a broken clock with no hands!

Yet...in another sense they may be right...in Genesis God spoke...and BANG it was! Hows that for a big bang??

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by metalman
    I have already acknowleged evolution in that form more then once.

Big bang proven??? Something (cells/lifeforms from NOTHING)LOLOLOLOLOL......yeahhhhhhhhh right. Now youre cracking me up!!
    Talk about faith!! And...HOPE! Better have ALOT of faith in scientists who want you to use carbon dating for time measurments when such has been proven to be less accurate then a broken clock with no hands!

Yet...in another sense they may be right...in Genesis God spoke...and BANG it was! Hows that for a big bang??
    Big bang was a joke tard, much as the idea of the Creation you are grasping hold of... i guess your god is like a magician he just pulled everything out of a hat. thats how you got here right? Creation can't be proven any further than a book written by man that is not even 2000 years old. :jerkit:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast