• Evolution

31 52.54%
  • other: explain

6 10.17%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Evolution or Creation?

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by metalman
    I dont think its any faith thats the issue here...its the lack of any compelling information in your argument that leads to others remaining unconvinced.
    You simply have shown that life can be re-created/reproduced from one cell, one egg, one embryo etc etc. That is ALL in complete harmony with a creative origin of the FIRST CELL/LIFEFORM...period. The subsequent adaptation, reproduction, etc etc of lifeforms is not itself at all compelling as evidence for non creative origin of those lifeforms...which is the central thesis of evolutuon.
    ^ what are you babbling about? you are doing everything possible to not use the word evolution so your not wrong. Adaptaion and reproduction is evolution. Like i said you can call it what you want but its evolution; you still to answer 3 question i've brought up about reproduction.

Also the BIG BANG i guess you forgot that, its about as proven as Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    ^ what are you babbling about? you are doing everything possible to not use the word evolution so your not wrong. Adaptaion and reproduction is evolution. Like i said you can call it what you want but its evolution; you still to answer 3 question i've brought up about reproduction.

Also the BIG BANG i guess you forgot that, its about as proven as Creation.
    I have already acknowleged evolution in that form more then once.

Big bang proven??? Something (cells/lifeforms from NOTHING)LOLOLOLOLOL......yeahhhhhhhhh right. Now youre cracking me up!!
    Talk about faith!! And...HOPE! Better have ALOT of faith in scientists who want you to use carbon dating for time measurments when such has been proven to be less accurate then a broken clock with no hands!

Yet...in another sense they may be right...in Genesis God spoke...and BANG it was! Hows that for a big bang??

What evolutionists (those who believe life came from nothing over time) fail to acknowlege is that the whole house of evolutionary theory is like a house with a foundation of loosely packed sand. First you have radio carbon dating, a "science" used by evolutionists to show how old soemthing is. This is so HIGHLY inaccurate it would be disposed of quicker then a used tampon IF there was anything else to cling evolutionary hope upon.

THEN you have the fossil record of strata where in one layer there is NO life, and the next layer there is ABUNDANT lifeforms of a complex nature. This scientific evidence is overwhelmingly in favor or CREATION!! Bam!! Kick it up a notch creation!! Interestingly enought within this same layer you find halos frozen within the rock which lasted only nanoseconds.....no way for these to be present if rock took millions of years to "evolve" as some would have us beleive.....MORE science!! One doesnt even need to examine the rest of the science to see what this does to the foundation of evolution. Its completely swept away.......................whoosh!! Just like ANY house built on a flimsy foundation.

But...everyone....believe whatever you wish, thats cool with me...we all have choice...I treasure individual freedom and choice....just dont tell me the evidence is in favor of what its not.

IA KING

I have already acknowleged evolution in that form more then once.

Big bang proven??? Something (cells/lifeforms from NOTHING)LOLOLOLOLOL......yeahhhhhhhhh right. Now youre cracking me up!!
    Talk about faith!! And...HOPE! Better have ALOT of faith in scientists who want you to use carbon dating for time measurments when such has been proven to be less accurate then a broken clock with no hands!

Yet...in another sense they may be right...in Genesis God spoke...and BANG it was! Hows that for a big bang??
    Big bang was a joke tard, much as the idea of the Creation you are grasping hold of... i guess your god is like a magician he just pulled everything out of a hat. thats how you got here right? Creation can't be proven any further than a book written by man that is not even 2000 years old. :jerkit:

Big bang was a joke tard, much as the idea of the Creation you are grasping hold of... i guess your god is like a magician he just pulled everything out of a hat. thats how you got here right? Creation can't be proven any further than a book written by man that is not even 2000 years old. :jerkit:
    Youre free to whatever opinion you wish to hold.
    The only thing I will repeat to you is this....there is MORE scientific evidence for a god that pulled the universe out of a hat then for a universe that "evolved" from nothing. Period.

Which brings us full circle to another discussion....it takes MORE faith to believe in evolutionary theory then creation theory...based upon the evidence.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

How is reproduction tied into proving evolution exactly?

Even Adam and Eve had to reproduce to populate the world....?

I understand the loose point you are making about how "God" should just snap his fingers and things should merely happen, but that is another discussion all together. Couldn't we use the same loose knit argument that IF there really was a "big bang" or "single cell origination", how come there are no spontaneous species popping up or another "big bang" ever happened again? In other words, if we all evolved from mindless single cell organisms and mindless single celled organisms STILL exist today.....how come you don't see spontaneous copies of what happened billions of years ago? Are today's single celled organisms suddenly "smarter" than their ancestors???

IF God suddenly parted the sky and had a deep loud voice like in the movies and performed miracles daily, why wouldn't everyone "believe" then? Much like logical and real world, things don't get handed off to you without having to do something for it. In the religious realm and based on what you believe is what determines how much you have to "do" to get what you want. It's not a blind race. There is a road map, but it's only understandable if you READ the road map, otherwise it IS a blind race.

Point is that all non-believers have been waiting for the irrefutable "sign" for millenia. Again, it's a gamble everyone plays in their lifetime. Some choose to believe, while others don't. Just like any gamble, there are winners and there are losers. Everyone should place their bet on what they truly believe in their own heart regardless of what everyone else around them thinks.

This also applies to evolution and creationism IMO.

IA KING

Which brings us full circle to another discussion....it takes MORE faith to believe in evolutionary theory then creation theory...based upon the evidence.

OK, there was a simple question presented and you have still have yet to prove the fact that a life cycle is creation.

IA KING

Even Adam and Eve had to reproduce to populate the world....?
    that is fine but the question wasn't did they reproduce, what is the life cycle evolution or creation? there is far more facts to point out the obvious it is evolution. it is that far out of the box for you to believe that even your god could of created evolution?

I understand the loose point you are making about how "God" should just snap his fingers and things should merely happen, but that is another discussion all together. Couldn't we use the same loose knit argument that IF there really was a "big bang" or "single cell origination", how come there are no spontaneous species popping up or another "big bang" ever happened again? In other words, if we all evolved from mindless single cell organisms and mindless single celled organisms STILL exist today.....how come you don't see spontaneous copies of what happened billions of years ago? Are today's single celled organisms suddenly "smarter" than their ancestors???
    Yes, you sir are a single celled organism that is now evolved into a complex organism, you are smarter today then you were as a fetus are you not?

Point is that all non-believers have been waiting for the irrefutable "sign" for millenia. Again, it's a gamble everyone plays in their lifetime. Some choose to believe, while others don't. Just like any gamble, there are winners and there are losers. Everyone should place their bet on what they truly believe in their own heart regardless of what everyone else around them thinks.
    hmm no, i'm a non believer and i'm not awaiting anything, if i was waiting for a sign i would be christian. but i still find it amazing that with proven facts of life given in front of you for the sake of argueing christians like yourself are trying to state that the life cycle is creation when it is far from it.

dont understand why its so bad to ask a pastor about things in the bible that has been scientifically proven.
    we're not promoting science, we're stating for all you un-believers that its been proven by science, since it would be the only thing people would believe.

well said jamiecbr900

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900

IF God suddenly parted the sky and had a deep loud voice like in the movies and performed miracles daily, why wouldn't everyone "believe" then? ....
    Point is that all non-believers have been waiting for the irrefutable "sign" for millenia.
    Sad thing is that if indeed God appeared Himself in person to declare His creation and prove His existence still MOST would choose not to believe for one reason or another. The primary reason being MAN DOESNT WANT ACCOUNTABILITY to a HIGHER AUTHORITY!

And IF one believes the Bible then the other sad fact is that by the time He does appear in person it will be too late, just like it was too late for those who didnt believe it would rain in Noahs day.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by babowc
    dont understand why its so bad to ask a pastor about things in the bible that has been scientifically proven.
    we're not promoting science, we're stating for all you un-believers that its been proven by science, since it would be the only thing people would believe.

well said jamiecbr900
    i think the point was why dont' you get the answers yourself.

what has been proven by science... that Jesus lived? DNA advancements have come pretty far, but i dont' think that has happened yet

Quote Originally Posted by babowc
    Wasnt meant as a personal attack upon you or your pastor. Its a statement in general of what I see as a MAJOR issue within christianity & churches of all denominations. Most people dont study for themselves....just ask the pastor.
    If one believes the Bible they should do what it says right?? And it says study for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert
    Both are principles of religion based upon faith. Neither is proveable.

Creationism is a building block principal of Christianity. You cannot prove that it happened, nor can you disprove it. You can only choose to believe or not to believe. That is a personal choice for each individual.

Evolution is a building block of Atheism. Again, it comes down to a personal choice.
    I agree 100%

IA KING

Sad thing is that if indeed God appeared Himself in person to declare His creation and prove His existence still MOST would choose not to believe for one reason or another. The primary reason being MAN DOESNT WANT ACCOUNTABILITY to a HIGHER AUTHORITY!

And IF one believes the Bible then the other sad fact is that by the time He does appear in person it will be too late, just like it was too late for those who didnt believe it would rain in Noahs day.

this is fucking retarded now. THERE IS NO SPOON. Right.

that is fine but the question wasn't did they reproduce, what is the life cycle evolution or creation? there is far more facts to point out the obvious it is evolution. it is that far out of the box for you to believe that even your god could of created evolution?
    You'll have to expand on that because I don't quite follow you there.

Yes, you sir are a single celled organism that is now evolved into a complex organism, you are smarter today then you were as a fetus are you not?
    True, but to believe evolution you'd have to believe that a mindless single celled organism not only created life, but all other living organisms too. If you believe that, then basically what you are saying is that evolution went something a little like this: "big bang"->single celled organism->everything from dirt to sky develops over a quintillion millenia into what we have today. That just doesn't logically make any sense to me. You may be able to reverse engineer a lot of things, but how a single cell makes a "cloud" or "wind" or "mountains" or even the "stars" has yet to be done. Isn't it too simplistic to merely say.....it all started with a "bang"???? I'm with metalman.....the only "bang" was when God said, "let there be light....".

hmm no, i'm a non believer and i'm not awaiting anything, if i was waiting for a sign i would be christian. but i still find it amazing that with proven facts of life given in front of you for the sake of argueing christians like yourself are trying to state that the life cycle is creation when it is far from it.
    Yes you are. You just won't admit it, and I'll prove it to you.

If God himself would part the sky one day and speak down to everyone (like in the movies), I'm 100% certain you'd believe THEN he existed, right? Only a fool would question it then, right? I know you're neither a fool nor stupid. So therefore IF that were to ever happen you'd completely have to rethink your stance on this subject, right? So you, my friend, are in fact waiting for that "sign" in order to change your mind about this.

You know I'm a Christian. I'm not waiting for any sign what-so-ever to "believe". So you are way wrong there. I've been convinced long ago about what to believe and not believe as my core belief system. I've changed churches. I've even changed some things I used to think were OK and now I don't. But my CORE belief remains intact. So to say that "Christians" are waiting for some sign is actually ironic because Christians are actually the only ones that are ALREADY CONVINCED......

The funny thing is that I almost typed the exact same response a little while ago. I was trying to show how people always want this full proof "sign" in order to fully commit to the idea of "God", but yet by the time that "sign" shows up it will be too late.

this is fucking retarded now. THERE IS NO SPOON. Right.

If you have no response other then that I would suggest you have not much of a case for your opinion. Yet I support your right to believe whatever you wish. But...time will tell wont it.....

I must also say that some (perhaps you too, perhaps not) have asked the impossible.
    That being....prove something that you will not aknowlege any proof for or have an open mind to even being a possibilty.

Sorta like if I drove up in a 65 Vette and stepped out telling you that its my car. To which you respond.."I dont believe it"
    I say.."It is...I just drove up in it...I have had it for 2 years"
    You say..."I dont believe it"
    The problem isnt with the "proof" the problem is you dont accept it....just keep saying I dont believe.

This happens alot within the creation vs evolution discussion. People present science that leans well toward creation yet others just keep repeating..."I dont believe it".
    Well fine...why ask for the proof then?????? Why ask for evidence that wont be considered?? Why ask for proof for a theory one will never believe in regardless OF the evidence??
    Again, this may or may not be you but it IS the prevelant "argument" against creation as an origin of life. And its not much of one.

IA KING

True, but to believe evolution you'd have to believe that a mindless single celled organism not only created life, but all other living organisms too. If you believe that, then basically what you are saying is that evolution went something a little like this: "big bang"->single celled organism->everything from dirt to sky develops over a quintillion millenia into what we have today. That just doesn't logically make any sense to me. You may be able to reverse engineer a lot of things, but how a single cell makes a "cloud" or "wind" or "mountains" or even the "stars" has yet to be done. Isn't it too simplistic to merely say.....it all started with a "bang"???? I'm with metalman.....the only "bang" was when God said, "let there be light....".
    You are incorrect by stating that, i for one believe in Creation then Evolution, they can and have worked hand and hand. I have stated this many times already as my stance on the subject.

Now, the issue at hand is just the life cycle, we are not discussing exsistance, please reread the first post. The life cycle is evolution, it is a process or recreation and evolving into a greater form. Hence the word CYCLE.

Yes you are. You just won't admit it, and I'll prove it to you.

If God himself would part the sky one day and speak down to everyone (like in the movies), I'm 100% certain you'd believe THEN he existed, right? Only a fool would question it then, right? I know you're neither a fool nor stupid. So therefore IF that were to ever happen you'd completely have to rethink your stance on this subject, right? So you, my friend, are in fact waiting for that "sign" in order to change your mind about this.
    waiting would imply i want something... i want and desire nothing, i'm fine with parting my shell and cease to exsist. i plan on become dust as your book describes. but the chance that i am wrong and the CHRISTIAN idea of heaven/god is real would i accept it yes... why b/c who wouldn't???

that would be like Jehova coming down and offering me a slot out of the 144,000 going to heaven and me turning it down. Is anyone that stupid. But that doesn't make me waiting for a sign from Jehova either.

If you have no response other then that I would suggest you have not much of a case for your opinion. Yet I support your right to believe whatever you wish. But...time will tell wont it.....

I must also say that some (perhaps you too, perhaps not) have asked the impossible.
    That being....prove something that you will not aknowlege any proof for or have an open mind to even being a possibilty.

Sorta like if I drove up in a 65 Vette and stepped out telling you that its my car. To which you respond.."I dont believe it"
    The problem isnt with the "proof" the problem is you dont accept it....just keep saying I dont believe.

This happens alot within the creation vs evolution discussion. People present science that leans well toward creation yet others just keep repeating..."I dont believe it".
    Well fine...why ask for the proof then?????? Why ask for evidence that wont be considered?? Why ask for proof for a theory one will never believe in regardless OF the evidence??
    Again, this may or may not be you but it IS the prevelant "argument" against creation as an origin of life. And its not much of one.

+1 billion for you for that comment right there.

I've been saying the exact same thing on this forum since it's beginning.

There have been many people that have presented evidence for everything from the accuracy of the Bible to whether or not Jesus even existed, yet at every turn someone tries to merely squash that by saying, "nope, I still don't believe...".

I said it before and I'll say it again....everyone has to make up their own mind what speaks to their hearts and what doesn't. "Proof", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Proof for me may not be proof for Paul, yet it doesn't change the fact that I have reached a point where proof is no longer necessary for me to believe. He obviously hasn't got to the that same conclusion, which is fine.....for now . Judgement will only come once....ready or not......

IA KING

you should really listen to yourself when you speak... i got respect for you on almost every topic but this. if you owned a vette you could prove it thats the point. Every heard of a title/insurance

YOU CAN NOT PROVE THAT YOU WERE BROUGHT HERE BY CREATION. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BEGINING OF MAN I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU, PHYSICAL YOU.

Your parents are already apart of a process of adaptation which is evolution which then in return created you. There was not hand of creator involved in the process. If you can see it, touch it, then it is real. If there was no evolution to life we would all be sperm.

We can discuss this all day but i have given you all of the facts to support my stance, and i have repeadily asked you questions about ASEXUAL and REPORDUCTIVE ORGANS. You can still not tell me why we have such if we are all here individually by creation.

You have done nothing but twist the original question to prove your point of existance not the life cycle.

You are incorrect by stating that, i for one believe in Creation then Evolution, they can and have worked hand and hand. I have stated this many times already as my stance on the subject.
    Ok Paul....you're gonna have to work a little bit on your grammar on that one because I think I know what you're trying to say but some words are missing somewhere....

Now, the issue at hand is just the life cycle, we are not discussing exsistance, please reread the first post. The life cycle is evolution, it is a process or recreation and evolving into a greater form. Hence the word CYCLE.
    I'm going to use some of your wording against you here:

Evolution can also imply that something is evolving into something different and possibly even better. So how is the frog in your example any different or any better by having been egg-tadpole-frog-dead? So how did it "evolve" into anything other than what it was since the beginning? Are frogs now better or smarter than frogs in the middle ages? Only animals that have the equipment to can and do evolve from their predecessors. Rocks now are the same kind of rocks as 1000 years ago (for the most part). How did the sky evolve from the sky of 1000 years ago? How did the dirt evolve from a 1000 years ago?

So how is a frog's life cycle proving that evolution is how all of us beings came about?

waiting would imply i want something... i want and desire nothing, i'm fine with parting my shell and cease to exsist. i plan on become dust as your book describes. but the chance that i am wrong and the CHRISTIAN idea of heaven/god is real would i accept it yes... why b/c who wouldn't???

that would be like Jehova coming down and offering me a slot out of the 144,000 going to heaven and me turning it down. Is anyone that stupid. But that doesn't make me waiting for a sign from Jehova either.
    Well, I think you missed my point.

I was pointing out how IF you ever got that one great "sign" that would unequivacly (sp?) change your mind about "God", it would not only be something you were waiting for but also too late.

You can't have it both ways. Live your entire life fully believing there is no "God", only to then die and come to your judgement day and suddenly you're like, "DOOOHHHHH, I guess I believe now that I finally get to "see" you...." Things don't work that way. You have to believe BEFORE you get to that point, and that is EXACTLY the point..........

Certified Gearhead

Adam and Eve did not re-populate the world. According to the story they Had 2 sons and that was all. So here we have 3 men and 1 female and they are all family. Sounds like incest to me. It shouldn't matter what adam and eve did because their offspring were killed and the world was re-populated by Noah and his family which again is a story of incest. Creation and the stories of the bible don't add up, they say one thing and do another.

YOU CAN NOT PROVE THAT YOU WERE BROUGHT HERE BY CREATION. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BEGINING OF MAN I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU, PHYSICAL YOU.
    Well therein lies the problem. Its the origin of mankind/life that I am addressing. That is the only one that really matters.

Your parents are already apart of a process of adaptation which is evolution which then in return created you. There was not hand of creator involved in the process. If you can see it, touch it, then it is real. If there was no evolution to life we would all be sperm.
    Here is where your logic falls flat. Sorry dude...it doesnt add up.
    There is the hand of a creator in EVERY life, He is in fact the source of all life, He gave humans the sperm and all needed components to reproduce themselves in His image and by His power. Failure to recognize the source of that power is the problem. The Bible teaches this very clearly, and the scientific facts as I have previously stated, back up the Bible account of Creation and origin of life & reproduction exactly as outlined in Genesis. Although a measure of faith is needed there is plenty of evidence for anyone WILLING to SEE.
    The very miraculous nature of human reproduction, the numerous delicate perfectly balanced systems involved in that alone, ALL point to ITELLIGENT DESIGN of that process and a Creator God who gives the universe its life.

Quote Originally Posted by NEONRACER
    Adam and Eve did not re-populate the world. .
    One smart thing you've said.
    Youre right...they didnt RE populate it...they populated it.

Your failure to understand how two can make any number of offspring is beside the point. "Incest" as you put it...is a good thing...WHEN the species is perfect.

you should really listen to yourself when you speak... i got respect for you on almost every topic but this. if you owned a vette you could prove it thats the point. Every heard of a title/insurance

We can discuss this all day but i have given you all of the facts to support my stance, and i have repeadily asked you questions about ASEXUAL and REPORDUCTIVE ORGANS. You can still not tell me why we have such if we are all here individually by creation.

You have done nothing but twist the original question to prove your point of existance not the life cycle.

But wait....that is completely different than someone saying they believe in one or the other. What you are inferring there is that TODAY we "evolve" and reproduce as humans, but how is THAT related to the beginning of time?

The Evolution vs Creation argument is based on the beginning of time, not today.

IA KING

Ok Paul....you're gonna have to work a little bit on your grammar on that one because I think I know what you're trying to say but some words are missing somewhere..
    i'm thinking too fast to type everything out how i say it in my head

Evolution can also imply that something is evolving into something different and possibly even better. So how is the frog in your example any different or any better by having been egg-tadpole-frog-dead? So how did it "evolve" into anything other than what it was since the beginning? Are frogs now better or smarter than frogs in the middle ages? Only animals that have the equipment to can and do evolve from their predecessors. Rocks now are the same kind of rocks as 1000 years ago (for the most part). How did the sky evolve from the sky of 1000 years ago? How did the dirt evolve from a 1000 years ago?

So how is a frog's life cycle proving that evolution is how all of us beings came about?
    that is easy, the cycle of a frog was used as an example but all life uses the same process as even stated by METALMAN - "ADAPTATION" which is nothing more than a form of evolving. the frog in form of tad pole breaths under water, eventually grows legs, then breaths air through lungs. that is evolution. how is it different then say a from 100 years ago, well the enviroment has changed so yet so shall the species.

You can't have it both ways. Live your entire life fully believing there is no "God", only to then die and come to your judgement day and suddenly you're like, "DOOOHHHHH, I guess I believe now that I finally get to "see" you...." Things don't work that way. You have to believe BEFORE you get to that point, and that is EXACTLY the point..........
    And you know this how Jaime? You've died before, you've met your maker, what...? I don't believe in god and i have nothing to fear in death b/c i dont' believe in your heaven/hell or your book, so i can believe exactly what i want.

Certified Gearhead

Now that statement was, well...

http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/chri...damandeve.html

Incest is not acceptable and that is not how the world was populated.

Religion is a cult that uses brainwashing to control it's people. Even though there is no scientific proof to back up the bible. There is no shred of evidence to support it, religion is the king of everything. Muslims are wrong, Christians are wrong, the Catholic Church is wrong. Guess what they are all wrong. Instead of buying into what you have been taught is accpetable, look at the world and research for yourself with an open mind the world's history. It is all right there for you to see. The evidence to support creation doesn't exist. You keep dwelling on one small unexplainable occurance to support creation. If all you have is rocks to support your theory, then you are sadly misinformed. Look around you, look into the night sky and see how very small we are in the universe. God was around way before the bible, in every culture. They were all proven to be false.

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    But wait....that is completely different than someone saying they believe in one or the other. What you are inferring there is that TODAY we "evolve" and reproduce as humans, but how is THAT related to the beginning of time?

The Evolution vs Creation argument is based on the beginning of time, not today.
    your still taking out of context the original question at hand... THE LIFE CYCLE OF THE FROG? Where did i ask how the frog got here? I dont' give a shit about BIG BANG, GOD, whatever... i asked about the on going LIFE CYCLE. If you can't see that there is evolution at hand in that photo i posted then you are blind.

IA KING

Incest is not acceptable and that is not how the world was populated.
    if you believe in the bible that is how we got here, Adam/Eve, Noah & his family, etc... sorry to break it to ya, its ok for you to fuck your sister

ITS IN THE BIBLE.

i'm thinking too fast to type everything out how i say it in my head
    It happens.

that is easy, the cycle of a frog was used as an example but all life uses the same process as even stated by METALMAN - "ADAPTATION" which is nothing more than a form of evolving. the frog in form of tad pole breaths under water, eventually grows legs, then breaths air through lungs. that is evolution. how is it different then say a from 100 years ago, well the enviroment has changed so yet so shall the species.
    Ok, again, I think we are referring to two different things. I'm starting to see you are talking about evolution in today's form, while I was talking about evolution as the theory of the beginning of mankind.

My point still is: what about the FIRST frog? Don't creationist think that FIRST frog "evolved" from that same single cell organism which created ALL life? If so, explain HOW a single cell organism creates dirt, rocks, sky, wind, and even that FIRST frog.... THAT is my point. Divine intervention HAD to be involved in the very beginning and THEN evolution of the species took over, just as planned and ordaned by God.

And you know this how Jaime? You've died before, you've met your maker, what...? I don't believe in god and i have nothing to fear in death b/c i dont' believe in your heaven/hell or your book, so i can believe exactly what i want.
    Just like the childhood song you probably know says......because the Bible tells me so......

I know you don't believe now, but you have made many comments that lead me to believe you have your own internal doubts.

IA KING

Ok, again, I think we are referring to two different things. I'm starting to see you are talking about evolution in today's form, while I was talking about evolution as the theory of the beginning of mankind.
    Evolution is both a theory and a real time effect... you lost your tail, grew lungs + arm + feet, and now are a man. that is evolution at work. simple cell becomes complex cell.

My point still is: what about the FIRST frog? Don't creationist think that FIRST frog "evolved" from that same single cell organism which created ALL life? If so, explain HOW a single cell organism creates dirt, rocks, sky, wind, and even that FIRST frog.... THAT is my point. Divine intervention HAD to be involved in the very beginning and THEN evolution of the species took over, just as planned and ordaned by God.
    ^ thats exactly what i have been saying since the begining of the thread. I never asked about exsistance of the first frog, i asked about the life cycle of the frog. To me it is evolution, you can see it first hand.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

evolution ftw. but yeah why arent most of u out their fukin ur sisters, or ur "virgin" mother?
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by NEONRACER

Even though there is no scientific proof to back up the bible. There is no shred of evidence to support it, religion is the king of everything. Muslims are wrong, Christians are wrong, the Catholic Church is wrong. Guess what they are all wrong. Instead of buying into what you have been taught is accpetable, look at the world and research for yourself with an open mind the world's history. It is all right there for you to see. The evidence to support creation doesn't exist. You keep dwelling on one small unexplainable occurance to support creation. If all you have is rocks to support your theory, then you are sadly misinformed. Look around you, look into the night sky and see how very small we are in the universe. God was around way before the bible, in every culture. They were all proven to be false.
    Keep clinging to your "hope" there is no God in the Christian sense and that the foretelling of judgement etc etc by Christianity wont happen. Time will tell.

For me there is no downside if I am wrong. Wish I could say the same for those who dont believe.

Also with all due respect, to say there is "no scientific evidence to support the Bible" clearly demonstrates how little you actually know or have studied of this particular subject. The rocks are only the beginning as far as science. The fact you dont wish to believe or even consider the evidence is the real issue....as it always is in these discussions. You have stated such things have been "disproven" yet offered NOT ONE shred of evidence. Understandable since its tough to manufacture such.

As for God being around before the Bible...youre indeed correct. He was. As for the universe you would also be correct if you assumed God Created more then this little place called earth. But alas anyone who studies carefully already knows that.

if you believe in the bible that is how we got here, Adam/Eve, Noah & his family, etc... sorry to break it to ya, its ok for you to fuck your sister

ITS IN THE BIBLE.
    Well if youre married or having sex (with a woman) you are with your sister. Sorry to inform you. Were all related. Its just a matter of "distance" of relation....but youre cousins make no mistake.

Its well known in the breeding of dogs or other species that breeding perfect specimens creates perfect offspring even when the two being bred are related. Likewise breeding to defective will create defective offspring, even increasing the defects. Most ill effects of inbreeding come with time because whatever traits you have keep becoming more pronounced.

Did you know there are human cultures that inbreed strictly with no ill effects?? Wrap your mind around that awhile.

I shouldnt have even brought this up in this forum. Too many pinheads.
    My point was that at Creation (Adam/Eve) were perfect human specimens, without blemish, and their offspring "breeding" would not be detrimental to the species intially, although distasteful to us and our culture to be sure.
    FYI, Bible addresses some of the breeding that was going on near that time, not an easy subject to grasp for most.

In these discussions, and others on various subjects, its not hard for me to see the possibilities concerning what the Bible says about "wailing and nashing of teeth".
    Some think this refers to something in "erternal torment, burning" etc
    I do not concur with that.

I think it has much more to do with what people will do when they realize how much truth and understanding they were exposed to but rejected in favor of faulty human reasoning and wishes. I can certainly see the possibility for a person to nash their teeth and wail when they fully realize how close they were to the ark before the door was shut.

As a contrast, if believers in Christ are wrong, and He doesnt exist, they will never wake up after death and 'sleep' forever blissfully. But if theyre right I can see the definite possbilties for some serious wailing.

Its nice to know that if I am wrong about what I believe there is NO DOWNSIDE for me......ever. Yet that being said, I still want to know whatever I can learn and these type discussions are a help for that.
    Like someone said, its a matter of where you place your "bets" and I prefer the best odds in light of all evidence.
    Last edited by metalman; 03-28-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Evolution is both a theory and a real time effect... you lost your tail, grew lungs + arm + feet, and now are a man. that is evolution at work. simple cell becomes complex cell.

^ thats exactly what i have been saying since the begining of the thread. I never asked about exsistance of the first frog, i asked about the life cycle of the frog. To me it is evolution, you can see it first hand.
    Yes,,,To put it another way...micro-evolution exists and is part of Creation. Macro-evolution is a far fetched theory for which there is no proof and in addition much science disproves.

For those that like scientific evidence....

Earlier it was mentioned that there were fossil evidence of dinasours and humans in the same strata "layer" of earth thereby dimissing the notion of "millions of years" between the existence of humans and those creatures. One such place where those fossils have been found is along the Biloxi river in Texas.

In the la brea tar pits where many fossilized remains have been recovered, a "zillion" year old "bird" (teridactle?)dinosaur was excavated...then later in a layer UNDER it human remains.

The "explosion" at Mt St Helens trapped a lake or body of water, which subsequently "escaped" its sediment tomb....forming on a smaller scale the EXACT same type of layer formation found at the Grand Canyon, on a smaller scale. And it only took a short time

Theres alot more.....

IA KING

Well if youre married or having sex (with a woman) you are with your sister. Sorry to inform you. Were all related. Its just a matter of "distance" of relation....but youre cousins make no mistake.
    i think that is pretty obvious, but i don't believe in the bible as fact so i don't believe this to be true either.

i think that is pretty obvious, but i don't believe in the bible as fact so i don't believe this to be true either.
    Thats cool. Believe what you want. You will hopefully never hear me condemn you for that.

I would have to say evolution as a origin doesnt rule this scenario out either...at least when the first couple "monkeys/humans" started having sex unless there is some scenario of thousands of totally unrelated monkey-beings suddenly "evolving" into existence similtaneously. But then the single cell theory doesnt wash with that either!! The "originals" would all be related.

And then we're back to the no proof of it thing again.

IA KING

Thats cool. Believe what you want. You will hopefully never hear me condemn you for that.
    i don't condemn people for what they believe they do that themselves

believe what you want, i will do the same.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast