Thread: Who has a Nissan Leaf on here? Just got one

Default Who has a Nissan Leaf on here? Just got one

So I just got a Leaf for my sister and I think it's pretty cool in concept.
    Here's the first drive.

I saw a deal on Slickdeals.net for a pretty dope lease deal combined with a GA Tax break making it virtually free, definitely worth looking into if you're looking for a car.

The leaf seems to be a huge hit as I see them everywhere on the road. I think owning/leasing an electric car may finally be practical. I could never drive one myself, they lack any cool factor- except for the Teslas that is.

What do you think 'bout the leaf?

It's for your sister.... yeah, right......
    Last edited by David88vert; 01-22-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

My boss and coworker just both got them. With the GA Tax credit is almost a no brainer. That and they got a $75 off per month credit from Salesforce.com. Its rediculous how cheap it is.

I think he pays $100 a month for it , lease fully loaded.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    My boss and coworker just both got them. With the GA Tax credit is almost a no brainer. That and they got a $75 off per month credit from Salesforce.com. Its rediculous how cheap it is.

I think he pays $100 a month for it , lease fully loaded.
    Explain the salesforce.com deal? I have had a leaf for 3 months and love it, no complaints at all. One of the funnest cars I have ever owned, probably due to the fact it's free, actually, with zero down and only 2 months I have had to pay in my lease so far, the $5000 tax credit I pocket soon means i got $4500 and a $36000 new car!!!

I am also about to sign a pretty big deal with salesforce for a 6 country global CRM solution that I have been working on for several months.
    2001 Z06__________________________________2002 996TT____________________________2005 Ducati 999

redr1, change your sig - replace the Z06 with the Leaf.... LOL
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

They're actually not bad to drive, quiet, fairly comfortable and the look people have when they're expecting a slow POS and it's not is kind of funny sometimes. The body panel fitment on the front end of them is horrible though, I've had 2 come through the shop in the past week with customers complaining that the hood doesn't line up with the front bumper. Looked through the lot at 2 dealers we do work for and about 75% of them had fitment issues on the front end. Also have one in the shop now that the customer complained of "orange peel" on the front bumper, actually looks more hazy and dull, something I've noticed on a number of new Nissans though, not just the leaf.

IA's Biggest Grouch

So what I gather from this is that electric cars are so undesirable that the tax payers have to pay people to drive them.

Quote Originally Posted by redr1 View Post
    Explain the salesforce.com deal? I have had a leaf for 3 months and love it, no complaints at all. One of the funnest cars I have ever owned, probably due to the fact it's free, actually, with zero down and only 2 months I have had to pay in my lease so far, the $5000 tax credit I pocket soon means i got $4500 and a $36000 new car!!!

I am also about to sign a pretty big deal with salesforce for a 6 country global CRM solution that I have been working on for several months.
    not sure on specifics, but supposedly they pay for $50-75 a month toward the lease if you are a salesforce employee.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
    So what I gather from this is that electric cars are so undesirable that the tax payers have to pay people to drive them.
    not undesirable.

They are not practical for most people because the leaf only has a range of 85 miles. So, for most people, it doesnt work to drive every day.

That and the electric cars need govt subsidies because otherwise they price themselves out of the market. Would you rather pay $450/month for an electric car that gets you 85 miles in range, or $450 for say................a new v8 charger, or Accord, or TSX.............

Also, I hope people realize the $5000 in tax credit they are pocketing, is technically their own money lol
    -www.usedbarcode.net

At work I see about 6-8 Leafs and about 15 Prius where I work and maybe 3 Volts. Got a chance to talk to an owner right as he walked away from the leaf. I really like them.