Thread: ANYONE WORK FOR VERIZON WIRELESS

Default ANYONE WORK FOR VERIZON WIRELESS

Ok , long story short, Im trying to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy to a LG G2. I went into the store today, and they are claiming my phone has water damage and refuse to do the upgrade on EDGE.

Reason is they pull off the phone back and theres a pink sticker they claim should be white and it shows there is water damage. The phone has NEVER been in water, never dropped in water, never had any damage of any kind.

Anyone who works for Verizon have a work around. This is just stupid because I use the phone everyday and it functions 100% with no issues.

It was suggested I make a warranty claim, (I have Asurion insurance) but my reason is why? The phone has NO DAMAGE. Id be paying $99 deductible to replace a phone perfectly fine to trade it in for another $500 phone?

The other option was I by a POS phone, anything, and just trade it in (I was told any phone can be traded in they dont care).

Any ideas? Anyone have a cheap ass flip phone for sale>?
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Its a moisture indicator, it turns slight pink when exposed to moisture (Sweat, steam from shower) and bright red when submerged in water. When I use to work in the Retail world for another company, I would have to persuade my manager to do a early upgrade. I know now it is much more difficult for managers to overrideto it to allow a customer to upgrade early. Asurion is the biggest rip off, they send refurshished phones and half the time they end up going bad after the 90 warranty period ends.

I would ask to speak to a manager and see if and what they're willing to do. January/March is usually the best time to do it, because it is harder for retailers to meet their quotas and will go above and beyond to make a sale.
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

I ended up filing a claim with Asurion , paid the $99 deductible to get the "replacement phone" then traded that phone in for the LG G2.

FUCKED up part, less than a week owning my G2 i drop it and crack the glass, had to file another claim with Asurion, only this time the G2 is "out of stock". They said 3-7 days usually it comes back in.

I dont have a problem with the refurbished phones , what sucks is that I had a manufacturers warranty, now i wont.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I ended up filing a claim with Asurion , paid the $99 deductible to get the "replacement phone" then traded that phone in for the LG G2.

FUCKED up part, less than a week owning my G2 i drop it and crack the glass, had to file another claim with Asurion, only this time the G2 is "out of stock". They said 3-7 days usually it comes back in.

I dont have a problem with the refurbished phones , what sucks is that I had a manufacturers warranty, now i wont.
    Wish I would have seen this earlier. I would have traded you a 4s in good enough shape for it.

As for the water damage, being outside for an extended time on an especially humid day can activate the strip. There are literally millions of complaints about these things and at 1 point a couple lawyers were trying to file a class action against the wireless companies and manufacturers because these strips are so sensitive.

I actually recall when the damage may have occurred. I took my phone into the Sauna at the gym after a workout for 10 minutes. That is prob what did it.

Probably not the smartest thing ive ever done, but it was prob enough to turn that strip a different color
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Wish I would have seen this earlier. I would have traded you a 4s in good enough shape for it.

you have a 4S you want to get rid of?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Wife hates it but we havent decided if she is going to stick with Verizon or not so she hasnt changed phones.

Emergency Medical Tech

Paid 300 cash fort s4 and get with aIo save my bills to half

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ