Thread: Rental Vans/Trucks

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Default Rental Vans/Trucks

I'm suppose to go pickup my new race car next Monday and am going to drive it back, while I carry the spares in a truck.

I planned to use my truck, but I am realizing how small it is. It's a 2000 Dakota Sport, regular truck. It won't tow the car hint the driving it back, a friend could tow it but that would be Sunday and it just won't work. The car comes with quite a few spares (1 engine, 2 transmissions, 12 wheels, 7 boxes of misc. parts, steering racks, etc.)

....that's a lot of stuff.

Does anyone know of a CHEAP rental place that I am missing that rents cargo vans and/or moving trucks? The mileage is the killer from the main rental places. The car is in Nashville, so mileage would rack up quickly.

I've searched and can't find any deals, U-Haul, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, Penske, etc.

I'd throw a hitch on my truck and just rent a U-Haul utility trailer but that's just more $$ to get a hitch. I guess if I can't find anything I'm stacking stuff roof high and filling the new car up.

I may just rent a regular van and go pick some spares up this week then the car Monday. Gonna suck but....lol

Ya the mileage is the killer. What car you picking up?
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

Home Depot maybe? They rent trucks by the hour/day and unlimited mileage IIRC, but I'm not positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Home Depot maybe? They rent trucks by the hour/day and unlimited mileage IIRC, but I'm not positive.
    All I have seen is 75 minute rentals then it goes up to not sure what, seems to be more for local use.

Lowes have rental trucks/vans through Hertz 24/7 but they don't have any free miles like other Hertz rentals. Sucks because they have those sweet Mercedes Sprinter vans.

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    Ya the mileage is the killer. What car you picking up?
    Going back to a FWD.

2005 Mazda3.