I apologize if this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it.

Before I get into this, I just want to say I understand that nobody is perfect, and mistakes do happen. I am a very laid back and understanding person.

With that said, when people are spending more money than they should on a dyno tune and other work, the shop should help the customers out who keep them in business.

I'm not sure if anyone on here has taken their cars to be tuned at Balanced Performance, but I can't say I'm too impressed. I brought my freshly 1.8 swapped AE101 Individual Throttle Body 1993 Miata in to get tuned, and turns out their best tuner Ed was out of town. I was disappointed, but figured I would still be getting a quality tune. Now I regret not bringing my car elsewhere.

I'm embarrased to say I ended up spending $800+ on a "tune" and a wideband o2 install. (they also have a BS ~$150 strap down fee which other tuning places don't have at all). Looking at their facebook page, it appears (from the types of cars) that a lot of wealthy individuals take their cars in to this shop and probably don't care as much about their overpriced work.

If the tune was good and the work was flawless then I wouldn't be bitching as much. I was very excited to have my car back on the road, but noticed that after the tune my car still bogged down quite a bit and the tune seemed way too rich. My GM IAT sensor was apparently not working from the beginning (stuck on 70 degrees) and I would have thought they would notice that, considering they took their sweet time tuning my car. I had to remind the tuner to sync the carbs as well when I noticed my engine was quite shaky during the tune (that seemed to help a little bit).

I also had a problem with my Innovate MTX-L a couple hours after they installed it. The gauge was stuck on HTR and I found out they didn't seat the sensor connector in correctly so it came loose. My cig lighter/socket also stopped working after the install. These were both small errors, but were quite inconvenient considering I paid $380 for them to install a damn wideband.

I called up Jason and stated the issues I'd had. I told him I was not pleased with the tune and the wideband had some issues. I was hoping he could help me out with a free re-tune since they had already caused me enough trouble. This did not happen and all he said he could do was cut the price down to $100/hr for a re-tune. He said he would give me a call back the next day to schedule an appointment, but I never got a call.

After spending $800+ for inferior work, I am fed up and bringing my car elseware (probably mainstream or topspeed). I understand that Ed may be a busy man since he is supposively a great tuner, but that doesn't mean the quality of work/tuning should be sacrificed. I also ended up fixing the wideband issue myself since I didn't feel like driving an hour back there anyways.

I'm not saying they don't know what they're doing, I just don't think I was treated very fairly. I know megasquirt is usually more expensive to tune, but for the amount I spent I was expecting a somewhat flawless tune. Let me know if you guys think. FYI I'm not the only one who has had issues with this shop either.