Thread: miata owners

Default miata owners

i want to do a relocation kit for my oil filter but ive heard rumors tht its not really a good thing to do, can anyone clear this up for me?

You never want to relocate your oil filter unless you want it somewhere else.

Though this should be in the General Tech section, but I can understand the lack of traffic over there.

The idea of relocating the filter is a good one. Getting under the intake manifold can be a bit of a PITA depending on your m/y. I know the NB2's intake manifold makes it a jolly good time. So the main benefit is ease of changing the filter. As long as you use good, reputable parts, or a kit from a reputable company, there should not be any negative side-effects. Some claim that there is a pressure drop, but no one has ever backed that claim up or have been able to prove any ill-effects of a relocation kit. I have heard some reports that the firewall mounted kits introduce some noise into the cabin, but after having two NBs with these types of relocation kits, I have never heard a bit of noise from the relocation onto the firewall. I currently have the FM relocation kit and it has performed flawlessly. An added bonus to a good relocation kit is the ability to add an external oil cooler later down the line if you decide you need to. I do not have one, but have definitely thought about it since I am turbo'd.

Honorable mention- I added a FM relocation kit to my GF's Mazdaspeed Miata as well, never had an issue with it. So that is two cars in my garage with relocation kits.
    02' Miata

I have one as well, on an NA.

No adverse side effects. Again, use quality parts.

cool thanks dudes!