Thread: I think I am coming to a realization....

Default I think I am coming to a realization....

I'm sure many of you have seen my posts on here and wondered "WTF is that guy thinking?". There are times when I voice my opinion for what I feel is a valid reason and given that this is a forum where everyone does this, it's what we all do. But I am starting to realize that I don't always use my best judgement and that I seem to focus on the negative more than the positive. There really is no excuse for it. Sometimes I look back and think I could have approached a different angle. Though it's only my opinion and I am definitely not in any position of authority and anything I say could be ignored. But that doesn't make it OK and has seemed to lead me into a rut of having a particular attitude across the board and it's not something I think I should continue doing. Sure there are times when someone may deserve a bit of a tongue lashing for being extra stupid, but I I think I'm doing it too much. I would like to apologize to those who may think my goal is just to troll or instigate arguments. Those who really know me on here will likely vouch that I'm not like that in person and am pretty easy going, but I am starting to see that I should work on a attitude adjustment in areas besides "in person". I know I used to not be like this and I really don't know when, where or what has shifted me to put me here where I am now. There is no particular incident or situation that has made me think about this either, but just a general feeling that I need to step back and be more assertive. I need to not always throw my opinion out when it is not positive and I can see how I come across as some "know it all" asshole who thinks the world revolves around me. I really am far from that kind of person. I've reached a point where my life has become rather stagnant and it's not good.

Anyway, I feel I have to get this out there. Let some of you know I do see what I am doing and am not blind to it. Once again, I extend an apology to those who I may have rubbed the wrong way with little or no reason, or even those who simply have observed my postings and formed an opinion of what I am like. I'll tell all of you, my IA peoples, that I am going to try to be more helpful and less negative to everyone on here and that if I have a "problem" with something I see or read, that I will be more tactful with my replies rather than just mindlessly letting my fingers punch keys. I like cars, I like driving and I like making friends...among other things. I fully want people to call me out if I don't hold hold to what I am stating right here, right now. I welcome it because sometimes I forget and need a solid reminder.

See you folks around.

-Mike
    02' Miata

TL;DR?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Senior Member | IA Veteran

The world needs more assholes. There's already an abundance of people who cater to incompetent idiots. Sadly i fear it may have already reached the point of no return, after all, we did re-elect Obama.

Ya your pretty cool IRL...pretty sure you like men tho. lol
    '82 TE72 SR5 Sport Coupe
    3tc

I wish more people would have your kind of self reflection. I have little respect for people who feel the need to develop these super ego online personas and justify it by saying how nice and respectful they are in real life. If you are an asshole, be an asshole. If your soft spoken, be soft spoken. If you have integrity, you won't let the medium change how you interact with people.

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    duh....

HAHAH
    someone posted that pic a long time ago

I never judge anyone by what they post online. Unless they obviously have no grasp of the English language.

Then I judge the shit out of them.

I feel like everyone in this thread wants to felate my penis.

Quote Originally Posted by CSquared View Post
    I feel like everyone in this thread wants to felate my penis.
    when was the last time you washed it?

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    I'm sure many of you have seen my posts on here and wondered "WTF is that guy thinking?". There are times when I voice my opinion for what I feel is a valid reason and given that this is a forum where everyone does this, it's what we all do. But I am starting to realize that I don't always use my best judgement and that I seem to focus on the negative more than the positive. There really is no excuse for it. Sometimes I look back and think I could have approached a different angle. Though it's only my opinion and I am definitely not in any position of authority and anything I say could be ignored. But that doesn't make it OK and has seemed to lead me into a rut of having a particular attitude across the board and it's not something I think I should continue doing. Sure there are times when someone may deserve a bit of a tongue lashing for being extra stupid, but I I think I'm doing it too much. I would like to apologize to those who may think my goal is just to troll or instigate arguments. Those who really know me on here will likely vouch that I'm not like that in person and am pretty easy going, but I am starting to see that I should work on a attitude adjustment in areas besides "in person". I know I used to not be like this and I really don't know when, where or what has shifted me to put me here where I am now. There is no particular incident or situation that has made me think about this either, but just a general feeling that I need to step back and be more assertive. I need to not always throw my opinion out when it is not positive and I can see how I come across as some "know it all" asshole who thinks the world revolves around me. I really am far from that kind of person. I've reached a point where my life has become rather stagnant and it's not good.

Anyway, I feel I have to get this out there. Let some of you know I do see what I am doing and am not blind to it. Once again, I extend an apology to those who I may have rubbed the wrong way with little or no reason, or even those who simply have observed my postings and formed an opinion of what I am like. I'll tell all of you, my IA peoples, that I am going to try to be more helpful and less negative to everyone on here and that if I have a "problem" with something I see or read, that I will be more tactful with my replies rather than just mindlessly letting my fingers punch keys. I like cars, I like driving and I like making friends...among other things. I fully want people to call me out if I don't hold hold to what I am stating right here, right now. I welcome it because sometimes I forget and need a solid reminder.

See you folks around.

-Mike
    Repost. Get with the times, Mike. I made this move popular a little over 3 years ago, lolol.
    Last edited by quickdodge®; 03-11-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

You're pretty cool IRL. That's what I think anyways. Although we have only hung out a few times at meets. Honestly I can agree with what you're saying. But remember, it is just the internet. And if someone can't get the fact that pretty much everyone on here talks shit constantly to and about people or have at one point another, then they can't handle real life. People will talk shit about you, put you down, and anything else to make them feel better about their life or themselves. That's just a fact. I just ignore it mostly myself, unless I feel like talking. After all, this is just internet, not life or death.
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    Repost. Get with the times, Mike. I made this move popular a little over 3 years ago, lolol.
    It's not popular.

I knew my HID's in reflector housing was cool

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    TL;DR?
    I speak my opinion online just as I would in person, but I catch myself looking for shit to nit-pick rather than not saying anything at all. While some stuff deserves a nice railing, I don't need to be doing it all of the time. I'm just going to try to be a little nicer unless the flame thrower is the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    The world needs more assholes. There's already an abundance of people who cater to incompetent idiots. Sadly i fear it may have already reached the point of no return, after all, we did re-elect Obama.
    See, I agree. But what people perceive as "asshole" is just as easily someone who just isn't a pushover and stands their ground and holds their opinion. The true asshole won't bother to take the time to even try to see things a different way though.

Quote Originally Posted by D3UC3S View Post
    Only on days ending with "cock" lol

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I wish more people would have your kind of self reflection. I have little respect for people who feel the need to develop these super ego online personas and justify it by saying how nice and respectful they are in real life. If you are an asshole, be an asshole. If your soft spoken, be soft spoken. If you have integrity, you won't let the medium change how you interact with people.
    See, I'm not trying to be someone I am not IRL. I'm still opinionated and will speak it. But overall, I see that I could be a little less opinionated and just let some shit slide by and not bother me.

duh....
    Though Nissan has clearly taken the cake in the gay car market since...

Though nothing says "I might look like an alpha male, but I love cock" more than..

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I never judge anyone by what they post online. Unless they obviously have no grasp of the English language.

Then I judge the shit out of them.
    This is a very easy thing to do...and I do it a lot and will never feel guilty about it. Some things are very simple...sell/sale, then/than, "could careless", "he/she don't" etc...
    I stick to my guns on judging bad English for a very good reason.

I see you drive a Miata too. Playdate?

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by §treet_§peed View Post
    You're pretty cool IRL. That's what I think anyways. Although we have only hung out a few times at meets. Honestly I can agree with what you're saying. But remember, it is just the internet. And if someone can't get the fact that pretty much everyone on here talks shit constantly to and about people or have at one point another, then they can't handle real life. People will talk shit about you, put you down, and anything else to make them feel better about their life or themselves. That's just a fact. I just ignore it mostly myself, unless I feel like talking. After all, this is just internet, not life or death.
    Thank you Sir. Been a minute though. I know this is just the internet, but as I mentioned, I feel some of the "ease" of being a little too negative is spilling over into my daily routine. It's not bad to have a view on something, but I need to tone down how much I am doing it...some things are not worth thinking about. It also comes down to me feeling that while it is "just the internet", with the way people are getting (by my observation), it could spill over and be a problem. Some of these people I see with a lack of judgement or reasoning could take things further...and I would like to avoid that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thank you as well. I hope all is well since you set fourth on your self-improvement plan that you announced awhile back

It's not popular.
    When trying to make oneself better becomes "popular", I will demand someone stops and lets me off this world.

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    I knew my HID's in reflector housing was cool
    No, that is still a poor judgement call for 98% of the people who do it. I don't reject the idea that there might be a right way...because if there is, then clearly it would not bother me and I wouldn't see it on the road...so I'd obviously have no reason to say it is wrong. I'd still like to see this setup you have though. Yet another subject that I will absolutely stand my ground on- people blatantly disregarding the safety and comfort of those around them on the road. Perhaps I shouldn't have (in that thread) said for someone to run into a tree (though I didn't mean that in a "I hope to crash and die", but more of a "I hope the car gets taken off the road but doesn't hurt the driver" way), I could have gone about that a different way and still gotten my point across. I'll admit that. Sometimes it seems that saying something quite out of line is the only way to get people's attention these days IMHO.
    02' Miata

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

No comment.
    I'm guessing you don't know what I'm talking about?
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

You're welcome man. Shit happens lol.
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

I see you drive a Miata too. Playdate?
    Uhhh., You've been on my ride before.

Why front?

yes sir just broke the 8 month mark

From cock?

Quote Originally Posted by CSquared View Post
    From cock?
    that too

more for me

more for me
    eh , never got to try that , i was a scotch and gin kinda guy

A thick skin is pretty much mandatory in the enthusasis community. Guys and most importantly friends; talk shit to each other. We learned this skill in grade school. Checks and balances are important to any social situation. That redneck down the street can call me a ricer all day. Ill just smile and remind him of the fact that the team on his NASCAR hat runs Honda bearings and that his broken down car is made in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroscout977 View Post
    A thick skin is pretty much mandatory in the enthusasis community. Guys and most importantly friends; talk shit to each other. We learned this skill in grade school. Checks and balances are important to any social situation. That redneck down the street can call me a ricer all day. Ill just smile and remind him of the fact that the team on his NASCAR hat runs Honda bearings and that his broken down car is made in Mexico.
    Mexico built better mustangs in the 80s.

you aren't too negative. some people are just too stupid. they deserve to be yelled at and punched in the throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.EM1 View Post
    learn to english

geez you guys sound like habitual circle jerkers
    Leave it to E36Slide to turn a thready gay.....like everything he touches.
    I like telling everyone I know that we are extremely personal friends.
    And I still have your cell phone number from that one time we traded wheels.
    And I'll sell it to them for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrizzle View Post
    you aren't too negative. some people are just too stupid. they deserve to be yelled at and punched in the throat.
    Oh some people do, without a doubt. It's not like I'm just going to give up my sharp tongue all together, I've just realized I catch myself looking to go out of my way to do it, and it's not really all the good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ssonsk View Post
    geez you guys sound like habitual circle jerkers
    ...and it looks like you just volunteered to be in the middle. lol
    02' Miata

Yeah??

I wasn't sure how to ask
    Leave it to E36Slide to turn a thready gay.....like everything he touches.
    I like telling everyone I know that we are extremely personal friends.
    And I still have your cell phone number from that one time we traded wheels.
    And I'll sell it to them for $5.