Thread: debts

Banned

Default debts

paid my debts off with the help of family finally
    Last edited by fatty; 11-08-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Not including my mortgage and car pmnt, $0.

more than you can afford pal, ferrari

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

$0. Eventually I'll get a house and that number will go to shit but until then $0.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Other than my mortgage (which I still owe around 100k on) I have no debt, no credit cards... No nothing.

Every car in my driveway is paid for.

Finished paying everything off last year, made eliminating debt my #1 priority for the past 2 to 3 years. Good thing too because with rising gas, food & utility prices I can't imagine having a 25k credit card debt on top and making it all work.

$500-1000 rolling per month. I use my CC to charge all my expenses and then pay it off every month. Gives me points i use for other stuff. I rent, so no mortgage, and I have no car payment.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

$5500...which i'm not proud of in any fashion..going to try again next year to refocus on paying it down...i was on a good roll this year..then helping family became a priority and they rose again

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Senior Member | IA Veteran

I'll explain mine with an illustration. Before you insult my apparent lack of skill, i would like to also add that i am to photoshopping what Obama is to being president.

Banned

I'll explain mine with an illustration. Before you insult my apparent lack of skill, i would like to also add that i am to photoshopping what Obama is to being president.

I think we are somewhere in the 20 percentile of every home being under water. sad sad.

You must be feeling like you just lost a bunch of weight. Good for you!

it feels realllly good to pay off those credit cards.
    ive got 6...i know..
    im currently trying to pay off $5500 in credit card debt

IA.COM Founder.

2 car notes which will be paid off in 7 and 9 month and mortgage...1 Credit card that I roll about 2 to 500 a month... Life is peachy...

I actually want to get a credit card because I have no credit history what so ever, I learned from an early age to save and pay cash. I was trying to get a cell phone from verizon wireless and because I do not have any credit history they wanted $400 up front, Metro PCS here I come, nevermind Im going to apply for an Obama phone

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    I actually want to get a credit card because I have no credit history what so ever, I learned from an early age to save and pay cash. I was trying to get a cell phone from verizon wireless and because I do not have any credit history they wanted $400 up front, Metro PCS here I come, nevermind Im going to apply for an Obama phone
    I was taught the same thing until i was of age, then my parents consigned on a signature loan to buy a car, I've had like four loans in the last couple years, a cc, and now i actually have a line of credit with my bank. My credit score is awesome, especially for a 22 year old. Soon as i have adequate savings to cover possible closing costs I'll be finding and buying a house that I'm already approved for, lol
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

URRRBODY KNOW MINORITY GOT OBAMA PHONE!!! WHAT!

Banned

URRRBODY KNOW MINORITY GOT OBAMA PHONE!!! WHAT!
    This

Privateer Racing!!

I zero payments besides my house payment. It feels good knowing everything I own I paid for and can never be taken away. I've lived with the moto you can pay cash you don't need it. I've had 1 credit card my whole life,why pay someone intrest on money I have sitting in the bank already? I would never finance anything again. Since we have no car payments we put 500 a month to side like we do so we can go pay cash for a new car when we save up enough.

I have a small loan out now that i owe $300 on and a credit card. Now, we have a small house out near a farm that was definitely a small chunk of change. Thankfully, both our jobs are great paying and we'll have our debt paid off by the first of the year so it'll be easier on us to pay off the house!

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I have about $7500 a month in bills, 4 car payments and about $260,000 still in CC debt.

sike.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    I have about $7500 a month in bills, 4 car payments and about $260,000 still in CC debt.

sike.
    Damn. I was all shocked at first. You had me!
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    I zero payments besides my house payment. It feels good knowing everything I own I paid for and can never be taken away. I've lived with the moto you can pay cash you don't need it. I've had 1 credit card my whole life,why pay someone intrest on money I have sitting in the bank already? I would never finance anything again. Since we have no car payments we put 500 a month to side like we do so we can go pay cash for a new car when we save up enough.
    I put everything I spend during the month on CC and pay it off. I get cash back every year to the tune of several hundreds of dollars for money I would spend anyway. No interest paid.

I have about 30k worth of debt, 19 of which is my truck. The rest of it is on a zero interest CC. I should have the CC paid off in about a year.

One of the joys of home ownership. In the span of 6 months I had to have my roof replaced, my AC replaced and I totaled my car. Savings went to the down payment on the new truck. The rest was on one CC with no interest until a couple months ago. It was about to start accruing interest so I transferred the balance over to the other one.

I just noticed the OP said that thanks to his family for taking care of his debt......You have two benz and cant take care of your debt? You also want to put yourself into more debt by trying to buy another car...a $15,000 car? Your stories are not adding up

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

IA.COM Founder.

I just noticed the OP said that thanks to his family for taking care of his debt......You have two benz and cant take care of your debt? You also want to put yourself into more debt by trying to buy another car...a $15,000 car? Your stories are not adding up

Lol

to much damn debt here
    You know better; next time will be a ban.

Public Enemy #1

Shit...I just broke down into the 4 digit debts last month. But sucks for me is...try having both personal and business debts. Makings paying two things down so much more fun.

140 on one wheel

about 17k in credit card debt here and just got threw paying off 20k worth of it BUT my credit limit is ALOT more then whats owed so its not hurting me any...no vehicle payments anymore just my mortgage/utilities/insurance and i pay 400 a month on my card except for when i work OT then i try to pay 400 a week...

Why do some of you charge your card all month the pay it off?
    I do rb20 and rb25 wiring into s13 and s14's 300.00 shipped 24hr turn around turn ket start guaranteed! PM me for more details!

Quote Originally Posted by -S Double C- View Post

Because many of us have rewards cards which give you cash back on purchases or accrue points that can be used for statement credits or item from their 'store'.

As soon as I get mine paid off I will go back to paying for everything on a CC and paying it off weekly. Before I carried a balance I was charging about 1k a month onto my card and ended up with a about $600 in Best Buy gift cards when I cashed in the points.

140 on one wheel

sounds like a winner!
    I do rb20 and rb25 wiring into s13 and s14's 300.00 shipped 24hr turn around turn ket start guaranteed! PM me for more details!

Certified Gearhead

House is paid for, education paid for, only debt I've got is a $1800 CC and $15k left on my car.

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by -S Double C- View Post
    about 17k in credit card debt here and just got threw paying off 20k worth of it BUT my credit limit is ALOT more then whats owed so its not hurting me any...no vehicle payments anymore just my mortgage/utilities/insurance and i pay 400 a month on my card except for when i work OT then i try to pay 400 a week...

Rewards.. And at times I let $50 to 100 hang..

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

The rent is too damn high.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.