Thread: New Varsity Meet ?

Default New Varsity Meet ?

If the Ban is still standing for the Atlanta Varsity for meets then in a months or so everyone can start trying out the New Varsity in Winder off 316.
    I am sure they wouldn't mind and its also right next to the new theater so plenty fun.

Same old shit just a different place. The same issues would follow over time. No matter how hard you try those same problematic people will show. It's only a matter of time before this 2 dolla meet falls apart as well.
    twenty-two

But at least it would be further away from where the donks are..
    The Answer to 1984 is 1776
    -Alex Jones

It's not just the donks fault. We have retards that show up on their motorcycles that find the need to bounce it off the rev-limiter and those that find it cool to do a one-wheel wonder as they leave the meet.

They have one on jimmy carter also.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

Too far away to be a huge meet but could work. Center of the city was the key to the Varsitys success. Other "alternate" meets have been tried few have succeeded due to location.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Yeah the biggest issue i can see already is the location is located on a separate roadway that looks like a Dragstrip

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Yeah the biggest issue i can see already is the location is located on a separate roadway that looks like a Dragstrip
    Lol. Yeah I'm trying to be as constructive as possible, as weak as the varsity was, it was important in the Atlanta car scene.

It's usually an issue of: northside people bitch about southside meets, southside people bitch about northside meets, etc. So the varisty worked because no one could compain about location, it was somewhat inconvenient for everyone. Additionally, you could get food/drink and was in the city. Another very large parking lot is needed where some kind of business is supported so no cops can be called.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Lol. Yeah I'm trying to be as constructive as possible, as weak as the varsity was, it was important in the Atlanta car scene.

It's usually an issue of: northside people bitch about southside meets, southside people bitch about northside meets, etc. So the varisty worked because no one could compain about location, it was somewhat inconvenient for everyone. Additionally, you could get food/drink and was in the city. Another very large parking lot is needed where some kind of business is supported so no cops can be called.
    plenty of parking should be at this location it has a theater right next door so parking may even be the same lot.

link to said "new" varsity?

yeah we need to find another venue in downtown atlanta...but one with a nice level parking lot