Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOPI NATIONALS is returning Atlanta! --- Need your input!

Now I would like to address the pricing. Yes pricing is much lower.

I believe entry at the last Nationals was $65 pre or $75 day of. We've lowered the price and allowed a single entry for only $35. Also family or group packages are listed. For example 4 people coming with a show car was $140 (Pre Reg) at the last Nationals. Now it's $80

This year's car show, sound competition or drag racing entry fee for both days

$35 Pre registration - Car and Driver for both days
    $55 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 1 passenger for both days
    $70 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 3 passenger for both days
    $80 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 4 passenger for both days

Yes, I know it got to be rather expensive at AMS with the cost of the venue and the concerts and everything. As of now this is the plan. There is still a substantial investment to have this event with and with no major sponsors as of yet, we will have to have an entry fee but like I said, it will be much less than before.

We are working very hard to put on a great event. For all the negative posts you see on here, I get 100 to 1 positive emails and phone calls about the show and about how people are glad to see it coming back. Keep the good ideas coming. As you can see, I'm am adjusting to try and make it into an event you would like to attend...hopefully.

Special thanks to:
    SPOOLIN
    VTECKIDD
    QUICKDODGE
    For not hatin' quite so much.

Well at least you're trying. Good luck
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I know it's way early but we do have sponsors and vendors signing on. I do hope the Atlanta Automotive community will give us a look.

MAHDAVI MOTORSPORTS
    FOREIGN & DOMESTIC PERFORMANCE AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE
    KW
    PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
    ST
    PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
    BELLTECH
    PERFORMANCE TRUCK SUSPENSION.
    LSD
    PREMIUM VERTICAL DOORS.
    STREET GLOW
    CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING
    COMPETITION CLUTCH
    PERFORMANCE CLUTCH SYSTEMS
    OPTIMA BATTERIES
    PREMIUM BATTERIES
    AMERICAN SHIFTER COMPANY
    SHIFTERS & INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
    AURORA INSTRUMENTS
    AUTOMOTIVE GAUGES
    AUTO LOC
    CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
    STELLAR
    SECURITY SYSTEMS
    TRIGGER
    HORNS
    VINTAGE PARTS
    VINTAGE AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
    HELIX
    SUSPENSION STEERING BRAKES
    WATERBABIES BIKINIS
    COMPETITION SWIMWEAR
    ZIRGO
    AUTOMOTIVE COOLING PRODUCTS
    KEEP IT CLEAN
    WIRING ACCESSORIES
    Last edited by NOPIGUY; 05-15-2012 at 03:07 PM.

hahaha you're welcome
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Certified Gearhead

But u know wat, even though they clearly don't give a shit, and talk to us however they feel, watch a good amount of people still go support this event. I'm sure though that it will be only because ain't much else to do as far as events in GA. Nopi needs to get up with the times, get people involved, get feedback from the public and take it from there. It's 2012 not 2001.....

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    But u know wat, even though they clearly don't give a shit, and talk to us however they feel, watch a good amount of people still go support this event. I'm sure though that it will be only because ain't much else to do as far as events in GA. Nopi needs to get up with the times, get people involved, get feedback from the public and take it from there. It's 2012 not 2001.....
    you guys were just spoiled.com up north LOL
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

Senior Member | IA Veteran boostedb16's Avatar

lower price
    less dick heads behind the parts counter "if there will be one"
    no concerts
    no burn out contest
    no under construction class "painted cars only"
    clear it with the local police to not pull every freaking car over that passes by

last take a look around the parking lot, theres more cars there that deserve to be in the show than half the ones that are in it.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    you guys were just spoiled.com up north LOL
    Lol.....not spoilt at all. It's just that I think if Nopi is coming back after all that happened in the past, I think they should have people from the public and shops that are big in the scene, etc, assist in putting inns good first impression so it can be the best it can be. People are watching and waiting for it to fail, trust me. But if reputable people endorse it, people will feel better about messing with Nopi again. At least in my opinion that is. We need more events in GA by all means, but if ur getting a venue like commerce, use it to its fullest. Try checking out Honda Day in new York. They have bikini contest, giveaways, vendors.....lots of vendors, car giveaway, raffle, etc, but still yet have record breaking fast cars at the event breaking records and putting on a show. It can be done, if Nopi apply themselves the right way. Ok I'm done now...lol

Senior Member | IA Veteran 1civic's Avatar

No drag racing no care!!

Privateer Racing!!

Yup if they based it like Honda day it could be huge! I mean Honda day has to close gates by lunch time since it's so packed. Mike I think for what you charge people go race you can have 2 or 3 fields and pay a couple guys to put everyone in correct classes. I personally wouldn't go if racing wasn't involved, reason being I can go to varsity and see the same cars for free

Ill give you some free advice.

Quote Originally Posted by NOPIGUY View Post
    LSD
    PREMIUM VERTICAL DOORS.
    STREET GLOW
    CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTING
    AMERICAN SHIFTER COMPANY
    SHIFTERS & INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
    AURORA INSTRUMENTS
    AUTOMOTIVE GAUGES
    AUTO LOC
    CUSTOM AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
    KEEP IT CLEAN
    WIRING ACCESSORIES
    No disrespect, but no one cares about Vertical doors, shaved door handles, automotive lighting, and wire loom kits. Thats 1999. the only decent vendor i see is KW Suspension. Other than that, i dont see one company with parts most of these people care about. Also, no offense, but the big national companies like Optima, Beltech, while they may have a big following, its not going to coerce people to come out and see them. I can go to Autozone and pick up an Optima battery. I can go to SUmmit and check out Beltech.

I dont really understand your thinking. The list of vendors just isnt impressive and 90% of your audience doesnt care. No one goes to shows to buy suspension or batteries. Maybe in 99 they did, not now.

You should focus on LOCAL vendors, people that your audience can interact and see with on a monthly basis. Examples:
    Forged Performance
    Mainstream Performance
    Topspeed
    ZEN Motors
    Caffeine and Octane people
    Importatlanta
    240Atlanta
    WRXAtlanta
    Competition Clutch
    Vossen(I think they are local)
    Fastlane
    American Performance and Fabrication (John Les shop?)
    NOS energy Drink

Then you should reach out to the local Varsity meets on the first thursday of every month and get people interested in going. Then you should listen to what the racers are saying. You are having a show at a DRAG RACING location, structure the classes the way they want them. I bet even if you didnt have BIG PAYOUTS THEY WOULD STILL COME because of bragging rights. There are so FEW drag racing events, people in ATLANTA would probably LOVE to show up just to run their car and practice. you dont have to have some $1000 payout.

As far as the car show stuff goes, i would have Best in Show, Best stance (since that is what kids love these days), Cleanest Engine bay, Best Honda, Best Domestic and leave it at that.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR WILD classes and the other classes you have. Have you EVEN BEEN TO A CAR "SHOW" LATELY? They are DEAD. No one shows up anymore because no one is into CAR SHOWS. They are into MEETS. MEETS ARENT CAR SHOWS to this crowd.

Sounds like you have a LOT of research to do, you have lost your target audience and do not know what is popular anymore. Part of this will be admitting you are out of touch and that you need to start over.

I see you have Mahdavi on your list , talk to them. They have been around for YEARs. Ask them what is popular. I guarantee they say some of the same things i am. Mahdavi had a premiere party for FAST FIVE last year, it was an AWESOME event. They had NOS involved, lots of people showed up, lots of locals. etc. Mahdavi could help you figure out what you need to do IMO. They are probably one of your best assets.

My last point is you need LOCAL VENDORS to get LOCAL PEOPLE to show up. Once you have that base covered, you can start going after national vendors. You should look at vendors in the SE that consumers actually like to see.

good luck.

EDIT: the only 2 good vendors i see are Competition Clutch and Mahdavi Motorsports, those are 2 good local pickups and people like both places. Stick more to those types of choices IMO
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post

No disrespect, but no one cares about Vertical doors, shaved door handles, automotive lighting, and wire loom kits. Thats 1999. the only decent vendor i see is KW Suspension. Other than that, i dont see one company with parts most of these people care about. Also, no offense, but the big national companies like Optima, Beltech, while they may have a big following, its not going to coerce people to come out and see them. I can go to Autozone and pick up an Optima battery. I can go to SUmmit and check out Beltech.

I dont really understand your thinking. The list of vendors just isnt impressive and 90% of your audience doesnt care. No one goes to shows to buy suspension or batteries. Maybe in 99 they did, not now.

You should focus on LOCAL vendors, people that your audience can interact and see with on a monthly basis. Examples:
    Forged Performance
    Mainstream Performance
    Topspeed
    ZEN Motors
    Importatlanta
    240Atlanta
    WRXAtlanta
    Competition Clutch
    Fastlane
    NOS energy Drink

Then you should reach out to the local Varsity meets on the first thursday of every month and get people interested in going. Then you should listen to what the racers are saying. You are having a show at a DRAG RACING location, structure the classes the way they want them. I bet even if you didnt have BIG PAYOUTS THEY WOULD STILL COME because of bragging rights. There are so FEW drag racing events, people in ATLANTA would probably LOVE to show up just to run their car and practice. you dont have to have some $1000 payout.

As far as the car show stuff goes, i would have Best in Show, Best stance (since that is what kids love these days), Cleanest Engine bay, Best Honda, Best Domestic and leave it at that.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR WILD classes and the other classes you have. Have you EVEN BEEN TO A CAR "SHOW" LATELY? They are DEAD. No one shows up anymore because no one is into CAR SHOWS. They are into MEETS. MEETS ARENT CAR SHOWS to this crowd.

Sounds like you have a LOT of research to do, you have lost your target audience and do not know what is popular anymore. Part of this will be admitting you are out of touch and that you need to start over.

I see you have Mahdavi on your list , talk to them. They have been around for YEARs. Ask them what is popular. I guarantee they say some of the same things i am. Mahdavi had a premiere party for FAST FIVE last year, it was an AWESOME event. They had NOS involved, lots of people showed up, lots of locals. etc. Mahdavi could help you figure out what you need to do IMO. They are probably one of your best assets.

My last point is you need LOCAL VENDORS to get LOCAL PEOPLE to show up. Once you have that base covered, you can start going after national vendors. You should look at vendors in the SE that consumers actually like to see.

good luck.

EDIT: the only 2 good vendors i see are Competition Clutch and Mahdavi Motorsports, those are 2 good local pickups and people like both places. Stick more to those types of choices IMO
    This

Oh and

Quote Originally Posted by NOPIGUY
    I believe entry at the last Nationals was $65 pre or $75 day of. We've lowered the price and allowed a single entry for only $35. Also family or group packages are listed. For example 4 people coming with a show car was $140 (Pre Reg) at the last Nationals. Now it's $80

This year's car show, sound competition or drag racing entry fee for both days

$35 Pre registration - Car and Driver for both days
    $55 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 1 passenger for both days
    $70 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 3 passenger for both days
    $80 Pre registration - Car and Driver and 4 passenger for both days
    Your justification for the price you want to charge by using past Nopi shows costs is irrelevant. WHat is relevant is your direct competition in the form of EVENTS that are going on right now. Lets take a look shall we:

Import Faceoff
    PRICES AT THE GATE
    Spectator $17 ($15 with flier at gate) *fliers printed off computer OK to use - right click on flyer image, print (B&W OK). Coupon only good for spectator admission.
    Children 10 and under FREE
    Car Show Entry $30 (does not include free passenger pass). *Note, IFO only charges $30 per car show entry, not $50 to $60 like other events that claim to give a "free" passenger pass.
    Test and Tune Drag Racer $30 (open to any make/model)
    Competition Drag Racer $30 (imports and sport compacts only)
    Burnout Contest FREE
    Import Showdown
    Pricing
    Gate Fee (Racers and Spectators): $10 **
    Racing Fee: $20 ***
    Import Alliance
    SPRING MEET
    Admission is $10.00 per car.

SUMMER MEET
    Admission is $20.00 per person. The admission will also get your car inside.
    Those are the 3 biggest car/drag racing events , and you are already more expensive than any of them, and they have been operating for SEVERAL years problem free. IA has only gotten BIGGER, not smaller. Now you are trying to do both Racing AND "SHOW" so you can probably get away with a little bit of a price increase, but im telling you no one cares about car shows anymore.

You would be wise to strip the classes and just make it a MEET, maybe hand out some awards like i said.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Forged Performance
    Mainstream Performance
    Topspeed
    ZEN Motors
    Importatlanta
    240Atlanta
    WRXAtlanta
    Competition Clutch
    Fastlane
    NOS energy Drink

good luck.

You should send NOPI an invoice for this post. If they don't listen to anything else, it better be this^

Nobody gives a shit about car shows anymore. People want legit drag racing classes and to see drifting. NOT pay money for somebody else to tell them what they think about their car.

IA Member

Edit: talked to Nopi guys, and I misread how they worded things. You can't tell when people are joking unless smilies are used.

:

Import AllianceSPRING MEET: Admission is $10.00 per car. SUMMER MEET: Admission is $20.00 per person. The admission will also get your car inside.

Those are the 3 biggest car/drag racing events , and you are already more expensive than any of them, and they have been operating for SEVERAL years problem free. IA has only gotten BIGGER, not smaller. Now you are trying to do both Racing AND "SHOW" so you can probably get away with a little bit of a price increase, but im telling you no one cares about car shows anymore.
    You would be wise to strip the classes and just make it a MEET, maybe hand out some awards like i said.
    I hate to say this but you have a point. there's alot of interest in drag/drift events, plus the meet-style events where no one wins a damn thing but respect of the people around you (to some people that's more important) have gotten more popular.

Hey Nopi people, How about this: $20/person, that gets cars into the gates too; Add $15 per person to drag race (regardless of if the car is already registered with another driver)?
    Last edited by mcwheels; 05-16-2012 at 01:11 PM.

dc5

last time I checked, "Mahdavi Motorsports" is local.. Their shop was around before any of this shops were around in ATL. Maybe Mainstream was around, idk when they opened shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Axix23 View Post
    last time I checked, "Mahdavi Motorsports" is local.. Their shop was around before any of this shops were around in ATL. Maybe Mainstream was around, idk when they opened shop.
    They listed Mahdavi Motorsports and Competition Clutch. Thats not enough. AND there are other reasons why those 2 are listed, they have a long standing business relationship with NOPI. I guarantee any NOPI event that was thrown those 2 would be listed. Its not like NOPI convinced them to show up, it was a given. (IMO of course based upon inside information i know).

Mahdavi is a good source for information that NOPI should use, but they also need to do whateer it takes to get the other local people involved.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

IA.COM Founder.

Forged Performance
    Mainstream Performance
    Topspeed
    ZEN Motors
    Importatlanta
    240Atlanta
    WRXAtlanta
    Competition Clutch
    Fastlane
    NOS energy Drink

good luck.

I would suggest hiring Vteckidd for some advice..show would be a success..

End thread..

Will there be any type of SPL competition at this years show? The car audio scene in GA is growing rapidly, and I know myself as well as SEVERAL others would make the trip if there was going to be. We are constantly looking for shows to hit every weekend, a big event like this could draw a serious crowd.
    -Zach-
    2010 Toyota Tundra- Daily on 37's
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -FOR SALE
    1987 Toyota Pickup - Toy

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    it was big, made mine look small, probably didn't use all of it

USACi will be having a Triple Points / World Record event.

Link to classes:
    http://nopinationals.com/index.php?vn=SND12

IA Member

Dude, I didn't know car audio was coming back! I've heard connectivity is big in head units, but how much of the scene is back like it was a while ago?

its not, IFO has USAC competitions only because of the few idiots that do show up and constantly blare their crap all day long. The records for car audio now are just manufacturer direct battles.

yeah most sound competitions from what i heard is just between manufacturers. Its not nearly big enough to really hold a competition. Again, if youre going to blame the economy for dragging the "scene" and "shows" down, and your argument is you have to make money to put on these shows, you should focus on the events that bring the largest demographic and not spread yourself too thin.

MEETS
    DRAG RACING
    DRIFTING

those are the 3 biggest things going right now
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOPIGUY View Post
    USACi will be having a Triple Points / World Record event.

Link to classes:
    http://nopinationals.com/index.php?vn=SND12
    Apology accepted. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcwheels View Post
    Dude, I didn't know car audio was coming back! I've heard connectivity is big in head units, but how much of the scene is back like it was a while ago?
    It's growing RAPIDLY, we just try to keep a low profile. Come out to some shows, message me if you need info on them. Shows are having the best turnouts since 06.
    Last edited by 03RCode; 05-17-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    -Zach-
    2010 Toyota Tundra- Daily on 37's
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -FOR SALE
    1987 Toyota Pickup - Toy

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    it was big, made mine look small, probably didn't use all of it

Why doesnt ia take vteckidds advice and throw their own damn meet?

Amen... To that ^^^
    U JUS GOT DROP KICKED IN THA FOREHEAD WITH A BROKEN CHEETOE!!! [SIGPIC]

dc5

i say, get rid of the car show entirely and just make it into a huge car meet with drag racing classes and car stereo crap. $15-$20 for all weekend to bring your car in. And extra $10 to drag race/car stereo.. $5-$10 for spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Axix23 View Post
    i say, get rid of the car show entirely and just make it into a huge car meet with drag racing classes and car stereo crap. $15-$20 for all weekend to bring your car in. And extra $10 to drag race/car stereo.. $5-$10 for spectators.
    That does NOT sound like a good idea at all. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    x2 I didn't know people still invested into car stereo stuff these days...Also Its not always just about racing or race ready cars hell those are not the photo worthy cars IMO.

Privateer Racing!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    This coming from someone that doesnt support the sport at all. Whens the last time you been to a event to support it?
    THe biggest thing in GA is racing not the car show scene anymore. For example IMport Showdown dont even have a car show and look how packed that event gets.

People from Atl Drive 2 hours just to watch a race, imagine if it was closer and bigger. When you support the sport then you opinion matters

Ia has "had" the ability to hold their own event...but I'm not sure if there are enough members willing to actually come out and support it. Imagine if the people that complained so much put that effort into these events!

But I hope the nope event is good...I'll try my hardest to help spread the word out of state to get some quality vehicles to make the trip!
    Last edited by JITB; 05-21-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B18c1Turboed View Post
    This coming from someone that doesnt support the sport at all. Whens the last time you been to a event to support it?
    THe biggest thing in GA is racing not the car show scene anymore. For example IMport Showdown dont even have a car show and look how packed that event gets.

People from Atl Drive 2 hours just to watch a race, imagine if it was closer and bigger. When you support the sport then you opinion matters
    Lolol. I'm not going to argue with you, man. Those (arguing) days are over. I, as well as a lot of people, know otherwise from what you say. Later, QD.

Complaining? They asked for feedback so people are giving it.

Racing doesnt bring in 1/2 the cars Import Alliance does. IA had something like 5000 cars? But racing brings out a group that is still profitable and big. Combining both aspects to draw both crowds would be beneficial to justify the price Nopi wants to charge.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Complaining? They asked for feedback so people are giving it.

Racing doesnt bring in 1/2 the cars Import Alliance does. IA had something like 5000 cars? But racing brings out a group that is still profitable and big. Combining both aspects to draw both crowds would be beneficial to justify the price Nopi wants to charge.
    Complaining as in the other 5 threads on here about everything sucking and being bad.

As mentioned earlier those sponsors listed are really relevant to the younger generation these days. I would truly say scale down nopi and build it back up by re introducing yourselves with whats relevant abd whats popular with the audience. The first thing people associate with nopi is what was cool 10 years ago. The money is there people will gladly pay good money to go in a good event to stare at cars especially with racing evolved, kind of what i stated to you on the sf forums mr.nopiman!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I just think NOPI has to realize that people are throwing better events through grass roots internet campaigns than ever before. No one wants trophies anymore, their ''trophy" is having their picture taken by 50 photographers at that particular meet and having it posted online across several forums nationwide. That is their "trophy".
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I just think NOPI has to realize that people are throwing better events through grass roots internet campaigns than ever before. No one wants trophies anymore, their ''trophy" is having their picture taken by 50 photographers at that particular meet and having it posted online across several forums nationwide. That is their "trophy".
    Exactly

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rockin' the double M's

BINGO!!!
    house of turbo subarus...its all we'll drive

I won a trophy once... its somewhere in a box... but im always excited to see if someone snapped a shot of my car.

So... agreed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12