Thread: Workouts

Default Workouts

This might sound absurd or insane but I'm doing it for the Air Force.

So I need help.
    I am trying to drop 15lbs in a month.
    Does anyone know how I can make it possible?

I will be trying most of these workouts & "diets" so HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!
    Peek-a-boo mofucka what now?!

Talk to Sung or Dre at CrossFitHD in Chamblee. They can recommend the closest place for you to go. It's not cheap, but it gets results. It's going to be hard work though.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Don't bother with a cross fit gym...they are expensive and you can do anything they do there in your own local gym. That said this the workout is great, but diet is what you need mostly to lose that kind of weight. Follow this link and follow the program EXACTLY and you will lose that weight and more. I lost 18lbs is 7 weeks and my strength increased enormously. I'd be glad to tell you more if you care, just let me know. I can assure you though that if you don't follow the diet, you will NOT lose that kind of weight. Overall its a good program though and there is a forum associated with it for motivation and help along the way. Daily videos if you are new to working out. Its pretty comprehensive. The only thing you can kind of pick and choose on is the supplements. Just make sure to have a good multivitamin, protein, bcaa's, and glutamine. I would suggest a pre workout to give you a little extra energy for the workouts because your body is going to beat after the first week. I used creatine also, but again thats personal preference. Most of the other stuff he suggests really didn't do much for me and is probably more of a waste of money than its worth. Good luck and let me know if you need any more info or have any questions about the program.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris...ner-intro.html

Quote Originally Posted by afterfire View Post
    Don't bother with a cross fit gym...they are expensive and you can do anything they do there in your own local gym. That said this the workout is great, but diet is what you need mostly to lose that kind of weight. Follow this link and follow the program EXACTLY and you will lose that weight and more. I lost 18lbs is 7 weeks and my strength increased enormously. I'd be glad to tell you more if you care, just let me know. I can assure you though that if you don't follow the diet, you will NOT lose that kind of weight. Overall its a good program though and there is a forum associated with it for motivation and help along the way. Daily videos if you are new to working out. Its pretty comprehensive. The only thing you can kind of pick and choose on is the supplements. Just make sure to have a good multivitamin, protein, bcaa's, and glutamine. I would suggest a pre workout to give you a little extra energy for the workouts because your body is going to beat after the first week. I used creatine also, but again thats personal preference. Most of the other stuff he suggests really didn't do much for me and is probably more of a waste of money than its worth. Good luck and let me know if you need any more info or have any questions about the program.

The guy in the photo before and after on the left is on something. That guy looks to have gained 20-30lbs of muscle that is imposable to do in 12 weeks.
    Hella stock member!

Thanks for replies.
    Afterfire message me more info pls
    Peek-a-boo mofucka what now?!

In the morning eat 2 boiled eggs and a banana to kick up your metabolism. Jog 2 miles. Eat small meals, for example, make a sandwich with ONLY whole wheat bread, mustard (doesnt have calories), your choice of turket, ham, or any meat of that sort. No bologne, cheese, or diary products. For 35 mins. straight without stopping I did a mix of jump rope, push-ups, and crunches. Afternoon, I ate a big salad with grilled chicken and italian dressing. I played soccer 6 days a week and that helped me alot, so basically I exercised 3 times a day. Drink water as well and only water. Every week I lost about 8 to 10 lbs. In 3 weeks I lost almost 30 lbs. because I was trying to get in shape to work for APD, but I had a seizure and fucked me up. Good luck with the Air Force

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

AF, lol.

He didn't gain 20-30 lbs of muscle, he a had a TON of muscle to begin with. He is a trainer, and bodybuilding competitor. He cut a lot of fat and is SHOWING the muscle. Not to say is wasn't on something in the first place, but I did the program and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by afterfire View Post

The OP never said anything about needing low cost. Bottom line - CrossFit gets results, and in the direction that he needs - to join the military. Sure, you can do it all on your own, but don't you think that he would have laready done that, and would be already eating correctly and working out correctly if he knew what he needed to do? With this short period of time, he doesn't have a lot of time to do research and find out what he needs to do - he needs guidance and to be up and running immediately on getting as close to his goal as possible. That need for quick results is going to take an investment - either time or money.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Crossfit DOES get results...no doubt. Not every cross fit gym has a nutrition plan to go with it though and the diet is going to just as important as the workout to lose that kind of weight that fast. The program I pasted is pretty comprehensive....it give a strict diet, a workout plan 5days a week, provides a video for EVERY day incase you don't know how to do certain exercises, and what supplements to take(even though I don't really agree with all of them). It essentially does exactly what you said...gets you up and running, no research involved. Its all done for you....and quite frankly it works. To be fair, if you go on the site there is also a cross fit version on this with diet plan and everything too. Either one would work...so would the cross fit I would imagine if they give him a good diet to follow.

Certified Gearhead

One simple rule of thumb I follow, if you're a fan of eating out but want to cut weight. Only ever eat HALF of what you order... I guarantee you'll still feel full and you'll begin to wonder how you used to eat the entire plate before... You're body has a way of adjusting and accommodating your intake vs your output... If you Intake doesn't match your output, you begin storing energy because your body assumes you wouldn't be eating so much if you didn't need it! So by just adjusting these factors alone, with slightly more active activities... like taking the stairs instead of an elevator... Parking in the back of the parking lot... running a short distance when you could have walked... Small stuff like that really adds up, and not only that, you begin to build it into your LIFESTYLE which is the key point in all of this. You have to learn to do these steps and actions naturally, because if you only do them when you want to lose weight, you'll end up right where you began.

For the record... I dropped 10+ LBS in the last month alone, and I sit at a 9 to 5 desk job full time. I didn't start up any crazy exercise routine, but I definitely feel lighter and stronger by using these steps and establishing that mentality.
    K-What?!?!

Emergency Medical Tech

Cf+paleo+bodybuilding.

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ruah_23 View Post
    Cf+paleo+bodybuilding.
    Carbon fiber+paleontologist+body building?

Calorie intake < Calorie used. There's more to it than that but thats the simplest way to put it when you're trying to lose weight.

15lbs is easy. DO atkins diet youll lose that in 1-2 weeks.

If you are trying to get in shape, which is probably more important for Military boot camp, you should do ramped up cardio which will usually shed weight anyway. If you like running, run for 30-45 minutes a day staying in your target heart rate. If you are semi in shape, then you can increase intensity and distance accordingly.

Also, doing "weights" is deceiving when you are trying to lose weight because the more muscle you put on, the more weight you will gain even though you could be losing fat. Case in point i weighed 240lbs about 2 years ago and was FAT. I weigh 205 now, but my body fat dropped from 28% to 21%. I still carry fat around my stomach and love handles, but ive also probably put on close to 15lbs in muscle or more. I went from benching the bar to 215 pretty regularly. I found that without doing any cardio, while i was probably losing weight and getting in shape, the scale was showing my weight was not really dramatically dropping, probably due to the increase in muscle.

SO first you gotta decide what you want to do and what the goal is. Crossfit gets you in cardio and good physical shape while losing weight and its probably pretty close to what you will do in boot camp.

Other thing is diet. DIet is probably the #1 thing that effects weight loss. Dont eat fast food, subsitute meat with turkey (on burgers and wraps) , eat carbs in the middle of the day NOT AT NIGHT, dont eat after 7pm, cut out dinner and drink a protein shake at night if you work out at night (if not stick to lean meats like Chicken) , substitute baby carrots for things like potato chips etc.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I actually do weights m-thursday and mix in 1-2 hours of basketball every day as my cardio because i HATE running
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Emergency Medical Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Carbon fiber+paleontologist+body building?

LOL! funny. close.
    CrossFit+paleo diet with zone+bodybuilding.

You can follow that program on the bodybuilding.com website but most of the programming is for show,and looking good. OP is trying to get ready for the AF, so he needs some type of workout that involve a lot of work,funtional movements,strength and cardio. So far, only CF does that.

My advise is try both..see how your body reacts than pick one which gives you the goal that you want. In the meantime, watch this before you work out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7I7iasuIdw

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ