Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Evolutionist's.....care to discuss?

I just re-read this thread and LOL'd all over again.

Thanks for reviving a (funny) forgotten thread Benefit.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

heh i evolved from a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
    heh i evolved from a fish
    Im almost scientifically sure you did.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

lmao

I LOVE SCIENCE!
    It's not cutting you off, if I'm going faster. - me

like i said, if i threw a monkey in the ocean...i wont even have bones in a million years...eukaryote my ass

water destroys , doesnt create shit

"im the ignorance trying to keep the people dumb"

and you are meaning to tell me that a eukaryote evolved into a dinosaur, then the dinosaurs got completely wiped out...then RE-EVOLVED into a fucking human?

da fuk wrong wit u

if they dont believe millions of years, tell em billions, if they dont believe that, trillions...and if not that, tell em it was linear

that must of been a gangster ass eukaryote , shit had gills and eyes and shit then decided it wanted to breathe air then started flying

seriously noob, da fuk wrong wit u

oh well, if someone wants to think they are a monkey, then let em
    Last edited by Benefit; 06-20-2013 at 07:46 PM.

like i said, if i threw a monkey in the ocean...i wont even have bones in a million years...eukaryote my ass

water destroys , doesnt create shit

"im the ignorance trying to keep the people dumb"

and you are meaning to tell me that a eukaryote evolved into a dinosaur, then the dinosaurs got completely wiped out...then RE-EVOLVED into a fucking human?

da fuk wrong wit u

if they dont believe millions of years, tell em billions, if they dont believe that, trillions...and if not that, tell em it was linear

that must of been a gangster ass eukaryote , shit had gills and eyes and shit then decided it wanted to breathe air then started flying

seriously noob, da fuk wrong wit u

oh well, if someone wants to think they are a monkey, then let em
    Have you ever taken cold medicine ever in your life?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

TO

what cold medicine? like what shit are you taking cause i want to smoke some of that shit that makes me think i evolved from a spec of dust...forreal

not even a "spec"...the shit was microscopic.

i would love to have that mindset, its very cool and all...but im sorry thats not what it is

i would put a period or decimal point before the first image...but even that is too big from what it REALLY evolved from
    Last edited by Benefit; 06-20-2013 at 08:30 PM.

dafuq, thread is over
    Last edited by Benefit; 06-20-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_aw11 View Post
    I believe in God, but the concept of organized religion is fucking dumb, and there isn't a single thing anyone could ever say to convince me otherwise. Creationism and evolution can work together....a creator laid the foundation, and the devil magic we know as scientific laws took over and gave us what we have today. Seems really simple to understand in my opinion.
    dumb or not, organized religion is no different that organized government, or this forum full of organized car enthusiasts. You are entitled to your opinion, but lets not be blind to the fact that we ALL subscribe to a collective thought in some sense. You either go to work, pay your bills, pay your taxes, vote for your politician, or drive your favorite care make. We ALL do it.

Just like some people in organized religion forget that their faith is grounded in something (their book or their experiences) people in politics, people on this forum, people at your job, will forget that what they are there for is somethings specific. That doesn't mean that gov't is bad, it doesn't mean this forum is bad, it doesn't mean the concept is dumb, it means the people who are forgetting and misguiding the purpose for such things are.

I believe the Bible. I believe that most of us, myself included, can find ourselves missing the point most of the time. I would shutter at the thought of trying to explain to God that "I did it right and those other people didn't". My organized religious belief is what tells me to not rush to judge because I am just as guilty of that as the next guy.
    "Their [the new atheists] treatment of the religious viewpoint is pathetic to the point of non-being. Richard Dawkins in The God Delusion would fail any introductory philosophy or religion course. Proudly he criticizes that whereof he knows nothing... I am indignant at the poor quality of the argumentation in Dawkins, Dennett, Hitchens, and all of the others in that group."

~Michael Ruse, atheist & author and philosopher of biology at Florida State University
    full article

Someone name a object, any object just say it

Ice

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

polybutylene.

Butyl Acetate

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Deoxyribonuclease

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

those arent objects...lets say something like a..chair , it would have more bacteria and eukaryotes and molecules ...right? if I threw it in the ocean, I would have humans in millions of years

those arent objects...lets say something like a..chair , it would have more bacteria and eukaryotes and molecules ...right? if I threw it in the ocean, I would have humans in millions of years
    No. You're 100% wrong on all fronts again. LOL

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

look monkey, i AM intelligent design, refer to skull picture

please elaborate how i am wrong, because that is what you have been trying to preach for the past 6 pages monkey

please elaborate how i am wrong, because that is what you have been trying to preach for the past 6 pages monkey
    Why? You're just gonna say something about how documented, hard, provable science doesn't match up with your millennia-old beliefs, and that 99.999% of the entire scientific community is wrong, but your 2000 year old textbook is the truth, then you'll say something about how we cant throw a chair in the ocean and get an eyeball, then we'll be right back here where we started again.

I understand learning something that goes against what you've been taught all your life is difficult. It's called cognitive dissonance. Not a lot of people can overcome this phenomenon. So when you're ready to learn what life is really about, ask with some seriousness.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Why? You're just gonna say something about how documented, hard, provable science doesn't match up with your millennia-old beliefs, and that 99.999% of the entire scientific community is wrong, but your 2000 year old textbook is the truth, then you'll say something about how we cant throw a chair in the ocean and get an eyeball, then we'll be right back here where we started again.

I understand learning something that goes against what you've been taught all your life is difficult. It's called cognitive dissonance. Not a lot of people can overcome this phenomenon. So when you're ready to learn what life is really about, ask with some seriousness.
    Need an umbrella for the irony that is dripping from this post.

Benefit, you are not offering up a very good argument in defense of the religious community.

I honestly dont see how anyone can logically argue against evolution. I thought christians had decided to quit trying, guess not.

Proof of evolution....... good luck refuting this evidence.....

whatever monkeys

whatever monkeys
    You live your life based on a book of 2nd hand accounts that have been retranslated across multiple languages. You believe that a white jesus from basically north africa is the son of god and the savior of man.

Do you not realize how easy it is to poke holes in this story?

lmao, yeah you got me all figured out

i am whatever you believe to be god/satan/mithra/osiris pyramid mecca shit

i can post pictures of designs on my skull/skin/hair all day, it all lines up too like 14 ways

did you miss the skull drawing? designs and spirals on my BONES

but if you cant face the fact that the sun is creating the perfect amount of energy for optimum life then just continue to believe you are a monkey

see the SMARTER people in this world, believe in me and get paid real big money, while you are a big monkey

and normal people, can just open their eyes and think all this shit didnt come from a fucking pebble in the ocean

dafuq

Religion is so weird in the 21st century. Its an antiquated way to approach life. How anyone believes in any modern Dogma is beyond me.
    It's not cutting you off, if I'm going faster. - me

i can post pictures of designs on my skull/skin/hair all day, it all lines up too like 14 ways

but if you cant face the fact that the sun is creating the perfect amount of energy for optimum life then just continue to believe you are a monkey

see the SMARTER people in this world, believe in me and get paid real big money, while you are a big monkey

and normal people, can just open their eyes and think all this shit didnt come from a fucking pebble in the ocean

When you look up into the sky at night and see all those little lights...... know that the millions you actually do see... are about .0000000000000000000000000001% of the amount that actually exist, then know that every single one of those are a sun, in another solar system. Now, using mathematical reasoning, what do you think the chances are that another planet also supports life???

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    When you look up into the sky at night and see all those little lights...... know that the millions you actually do see... are about .0000000000000000000000000001% of the amount that actually exist, then know that every single one of those are a sun, in another solar system. Now, using mathematical reasoning, what do you think the chances are that another planet also supports life???
    Zero since we cant find any that could sustain life less alone bacteria

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Zero? Are you sure? Did we give up the search?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post

The answer has already been calculated by mathematicians. Just over 1 in Undecillion.

Possibility is calculated as either 0 or 1. We cannot know that something is never possible nor always occurring. The answer therefore cannot be 0, and you cannot state that it is impossible for there to be life on other planets. We are just not able to currently observe the evidence of any life (as we currently define it) outside of our planet. Of course, we may not have a full understanding of the full definition of life, which is also a topic of debate.
    Probability is calculated as in-between 01 and 1, but it is never actually 0 or 1. This is what can actually be calculated, and the last I saw anything on the calculations, it was under 1 in a duodecillion. While that number is extremely small, it is not an absolute zero.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Ok... As a believer in God and 8lb 6 oz baby Jesus... Even I still believe that other life is also a possibility. Anyone that thinks otherwise (to me) has an overdeveloped since of self-importance. Well, at least in my humble in my opinion.

In the crap-stain of a movie "Contact" it was put best...."But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space."

After 12 pages of this the only person that makes any sense is Vteckid. However I have a question, why does it matter how we got here? Or what bullshit line you believe as to why/how we got here. If Geoff likes the God thing then good for him, if blank like the science thing then YAY. The issue in my mind is we are here, how can we not fuck it up worse than we already have. Or for that matter what the fuck were we think for at least the last 2000 years to fuck it up as bad as we did!
    Try not. Do or Do not.

So you think because we havnt found one that none exist? with our current scientific ability, what percentage of space do you think we are capable of exploring?

If there was life on other planets then that would mean Science is more wrong then religion. Yes a type of god or higher being could have created all of us but how can earth science explain others reason for existing ?
    I guess if Aliens came tomorrow Evolutionist would argue with them they evolved from something ?!?! LOL

If there was life on other planets then that would mean Science is more wrong then religion. Yes a type of god or higher being could have created all of us but how can earth science explain others reason for existing ?
    I guess if Aliens came tomorrow Evolutionist would argue with them they evolved from something ?!?! LOL
    The ideas arent conflicting and science is open to adjust to new found evidence..... that's it's biggest advantage vs religion.

Evolution is correct. Aliens visiting us wouldnt change that. Maybe Aliens "planted" us here.... maybe humans on another planet launched human DNA into space and it landed here and evolved into what we are. Who knows?

the only thing i know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that we dont know shit. Science says to keep looking, religion says to waste your life believing we already know the answers. I chose my side.

i dont know about you but im believing the guy with engravings on his fucking bones

i dont know about you but im believing the guy with engravings on his fucking bones
    What guy with the engraving on his bones?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by eraser4g63 View Post
    After 12 pages of this the only person that makes any sense is Vteckid.
    So you also have a gross misunderstanding of evolution?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast