Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Evolutionist's.....care to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
    organisms? cells?

if i dumped 100 alive humans in the ocean, with dna, sperm, cells, organisms

i would not even have bone in 1 million years
    Science can explain that.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Science can explain why i wont have bone in 1 million years? that was my whole point

I dont need science to explain me anything, i already know

Not only would "just water" be enough for Eukaryota or amoeba to evolve into a fish or w/e...(and remember, water back then was not like todays contaminated water)

but then there are people who think lightning did it?what?

lets be serious here

Religion hasn't proven that god invented the world, and science hasn't concretely proven evolution, but it's far more plausible than how the bible tell us of how the world came to be. From a purely logical point of view, I think it makes more sense to believe in evolution than what the bible says.

Story about evolution > story about a god creating the world in 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    Simple answer... He didn't. God created the universe in six days, he rested on the seventh... But I digest.

God didn't create light until the third day... How do you know how long a day was before that? ~insert question I don't really expect an answer to, but will probably get one anyway~

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Simple answer... He didn't. God created the universe in six days, he rested on the seventh... But I digest.

God didn't create light until the third day... How do you know how long a day was before that? ~insert question I don't really expect an answer to, but will probably get one anyway~
    We don't, but I'm sure god knew/knows. He knows all, after all.

lightning...bolts

ptero...dactyls

pyramids
    Last edited by Benefit; 02-08-2012 at 10:46 PM.

The only thing i find compelling in the evolution theory is .....adaptation. Adaptation is something you don't have to be a scientist to observe. So what you are telling me is that this theory, which relies completely on chance, and can not even begin to describe where it came from or what was the cause that put it into motion is more believable than intelligent design or that God created everything? The theory of evolution is an effect that can not point out its cause...goes against the law of causality.

When you talk about God being responsible for it all, you have to consider a few things. For one, there are evidences that point to intent and design ( the same evidences used to describe evolution). In order for a being to literally take nothing and then create every form of matter and natural law, that said being would have to be eternal and infinite to create a finite universe. This being would have to be not bound by space and time and be above every known physical law of nature. So, how can we being finite and bound by laws and relatively new to this planet ( some 6000years since writing and civilization) expect to be able to explain this God? Now, we have evidence supporting design, we have a cause for the effect, and honestly there is only a 50% chance that He did or didn't do it. Now, logically, how is evolution more probable? Or are we the general populous being fed a theory that is very improbable?

Remember this, not too long ago the entire scientific/philosophical community swore that the world was flat and that it was the center of the universe. I'm sure just as today, the theory was changed numerous times to "fit" in. This theory today is considered false and if you still believed it you would be ridiculous. So how many times does this current theory of evolution have to be "tweaked" before it to is found to be improbable or ridiculous.

Go watch the series called " The God Delusion" on youtube and please tell me what Richard Dawkins purpose is. Evolution has been abandoned as a science and has become propaganda to further the atheistic cause.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

I dont need science to explain me anything, i already know
    Because we all know from history, the scientific method has never advanced knowledge beyond anyone's gut feelings or "common sense".

By the way, I'm still insulted that you think you can tell God what is possible and what is not. His power is infinite!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Go watch the series called " The God Delusion" on youtube and please tell me what Richard Dawkins purpose is. Evolution has been abandoned as a science and has become propaganda to further the atheistic cause.
    I've read the book by the same name, is that sufficient? His purpose is to explain why its illogical to believe in God, not that it is impossible for God to exist.

My point exactly...he uses evolution and his own beliefs to as you said, " explain why its illogical to believe in God". Science is supposed to be objective and without bias....would you describe Dawkins as such?

IA Domestic Alliance

Yes.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Really? " explain why its illogical to believe in God" this right here shows bias.

IA Domestic Alliance

So then if he believes in god, it wouldnt be biased, right?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The only thing i find compelling in the evolution theory is .....adaptation. Adaptation is something you don't have to be a scientist to observe. So what you are telling me is that this theory, which relies completely on chance, and can not even begin to describe where it came from or what was the cause that put it into motion is more believable than intelligent design or that God created everything? The theory of evolution is an effect that can not point out its cause...goes against the law of causality.

When you talk about God being responsible for it all, you have to consider a few things. For one, there are evidences that point to intent and design ( the same evidences used to describe evolution). In order for a being to literally take nothing and then create every form of matter and natural law, that said being would have to be eternal and infinite to create a finite universe. This being would have to be not bound by space and time and be above every known physical law of nature. So, how can we being finite and bound by laws and relatively new to this planet ( some 6000years since writing and civilization) expect to be able to explain this God? Now, we have evidence supporting design, we have a cause for the effect, and honestly there is only a 50% chance that He did or didn't do it. Now, logically, how is evolution more probable? Or are we the general populous being fed a theory that is very improbable?

Remember this, not too long ago the entire scientific/philosophical community swore that the world was flat and that it was the center of the universe. I'm sure just as today, the theory was changed numerous times to "fit" in. This theory today is considered false and if you still believed it you would be ridiculous. So how many times does this current theory of evolution have to be "tweaked" before it to is found to be improbable or ridiculous.

You say the theory of evolution is based on chance. Perhaps, but the idea of religion is based on pure faith, there is nothing scientific at all about it. And I'd take chance over blind faith any day.

So then if he believes in god, it wouldnt be biased, right?
    I don't think you could have missed the purpose of my original statement any more than you have already. Dawkins is a scientist that uses such science and the theory of evolution to mock the belief in a God. That is biased. Any scientist who uses science to disprove/prove God is bias. That is the point, science is supposed to be unbiased and objective. Dawkins by his own mouth and actions makes his point invalid.

You say the theory of evolution is based on chance. Perhaps, but the idea of religion is based on pure faith, there is nothing scientific at all about it. And I'd take chance over blind faith any day.
    You sir do not understand the theory of intelligent design then.

IA Domestic Alliance

birds are fish

I don't think you could have missed the purpose of my original statement any more than you have already. Dawkins is a scientist that uses such science and the theory of evolution to mock the belief in a God. That is biased. Any scientist who uses science to disprove/prove God is bias. That is the point, science is supposed to be unbiased and objective. Dawkins by his own mouth and actions makes his point invalid.
    He doesn't use evolution to mock god. He uses logical fallacies in the bible to mock god.

Intelligent Design is not a theory by the way, it's a conjecture

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

heh, I see geoff continues his journey through the valley of logic -dodging the hints and knowledge, in search of the holy land and his father jesus

... uh, fyi bro

there is no need for the apostrophe in the title..."evolutionists". porque u do dat?

perhaps you should get yer nose outta the bible and into a punctuation for dummies book, dewd.
    top 5

"get with the Gs, or get on yo knees"

Bohdi, I was wondering if you'ld show up in here lol. Still taking on the role of grammar police I see. Care to add an oppinion on the subject? oh how I miss the intense back and forths we had. Still haven't found God eh?

IA Domestic Alliance

Bohdi, I was wondering if you'ld show up in here lol. Still taking on the role of grammar police I see. Care to add an oppinion on the subject? oh how I miss the intense back and forths we had. Still haven't found God eh?
    I went down that road many times for many years with him and nothing so i doubt he did

yeah i found god, he told me to tell you to stop masturbating so much and to go get laid....

now if you wish for me to beat you in the same little game i will, but where to start? are we talking about evolution and if its real? if so it is impossible to deny that evolution is a naturally occurring phenomenon. to deny this is to deny reason.
    we can see evidence that it has occurred in the past through the study of fossil records, through natural selection... life learns to adapt to and thrive in an ever-changing environment. a perfect example is religion and its relevance centuries ago compared to its irrelevance today

am i getting too deep for you? anyway, with that being said, there are certain aspects of evolution that i am unable to wrap my head around especially when it comes to humans

we already know that certain types of bacteria and other microscopic life forms can survive in space for limited amounts of time

this is all basic

thinking in general terms of evolution, we are one of the most successful species known....correct? we thrive and live in many different types of environments and instead of adapting to new environments, we have learned to use technology to change an environment to be more suitable to us
    through the process of manipulating our environment, we have also interrupted the "natural" phenomenon of evolution. we are slowly but surely forcing a shift from survival of the fittest to survival of whatever fits us

this is all common knowledge to people like me not fag-hating religious tards who are trying to hold people back from learning and evolving. dont take me calling you an idiot personal, just take it as me re-teaching you what you science teacher taught you in middle school
    top 5

you know what, geoff, i bet you have debunked everyones opinion on evolution in this thread...

go jump off a bridge and debunk the theory of gravity now
    top 5

hey geoff i found god! ya like a few seconds ago bro, omg it was awesome...it has hit me

everything makes sense now! i think god created the universe with me in mind, and when i sleep god in heaven keeps a notebook where he makes notes of all naughty sex dreams and when i die he opens this books and says

"heeeey you had naughty dreams and thoughts and once you masturbated so thats bad also and even though you never killed or raped anyone you are going to hell because you worked on sundays and sundays are everyones day off because when i created the planet i had to sleep on the seventh day because i was tired oh and you had sex before you were married so that only adds to your evil ways... you'll stay in hell forever and everyone that never sinned will get to heaven where they will spend an eternity with me and that means they get to praise me 24-7 for an eternity."

yeah i love god

my bible tells me everything about space that i need to know. it should totally get the nobel prize for physics and medicine
    top 5

zZz...

im outtie, geoff, but i will be back tomorrow so respond and try to sound esmart k
    top 5

love how people correct grammar while making grammar mistakes themselves...bandwagoner, follower, unoriginal

lightning bolts!

i will say it again, darwin was only right about natural selection...higher jumping frogs elude predator and babies are higher jumping frogs

THEY DO NOT DEVELOP POISON GLANDS IN THEIR SKIN TO KILL THE PREDATOR.

there are too many holes in that evolution THEORY, while in religion there are 0 holes

except for you would need to see proof.

when muhammed split the moon in peoples faces they said it was magic. ~2000 years ago

what makes you think you have gotten that much smarter since then?

there is too much proof

i swear there is some radiation in the air of this earth that is making you dumb but at the same time making you think you are super smart

a hummingbird and woodpecker are two completely different birds, but a hummingbirds wings flap 100 times faster than that of a normal bird to enable it to fly backwards,forwards, and fucking HOVER(only bird who can)...this is CLEARLY intelligent design...not ADAPTATION/evolution

a woodpecker can peck 30 times per second...how the fuck are they even ancestors? just because they have wings?

EVEN IF YOU GOT PROOF, YOU WOULD DENY IT. (even though you have blatant proof)

im done posting about this shit, ignorance is bliss

-this is a sign of the end times-
    Last edited by Benefit; 02-10-2012 at 04:25 AM.

love how people correct grammar while making grammar mistakes themselves...bandwagoner, follower, unoriginal

lightning bolts!

i will say it again, darwin was only right about natural selection...higher jumping frogs elude predator and babies are higher jumping frogs

THEY DO NOT DEVELOP POISON GLANDS IN THEIR SKIN TO KILL THE PREDATOR.

there are too many holes in that evolution THEORY, while in religion there are 0 holes

except for you would need to see proof.

when muhammed split the moon in peoples faces they said it was magic. ~2000 years ago

what makes you think you have gotten that much smarter since then?

there is too much proof

i swear there is some radiation in the air of this earth that is making you dumb but at the same time making you think you are super smart

a hummingbird and woodpecker are two completely different birds, but a hummingbirds wings flap 100 times faster than that of a normal bird to enable it to fly backwards,forwards, and fucking HOVER(only bird who can)...this is CLEARLY intelligent design...not ADAPTATION/evolution

a woodpecker can peck 30 times per second...how the fuck are they even ancestors? just because they have wings?

0 holes in religion? Religion is nothing but one BIG ASS HOLE. The foundation of religion is based on faith, blind faith that what these books say is true.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
    this is all common knowledge to people like me not fag-hating religious tards who are trying to hold people back from learning and evolving. dont take me calling you an idiot personal, just take it as me re-teaching you what you science teacher taught you in middle school
    All the resistance against evolution is just making people want to learn about it. Its called the Striesand Effect, and with it, religion dies just a little bit more

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You have yet to bring any scientific proof.

Here's my challenge to you, benefit, and other believers of creation. The first person to bring me hard scientific evidence in proof of creationism, I will renounce my atheism and baptize myself in the winners religion

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Here's my challenge to you, benefit, and other believers of creation. The first person to bring me hard scientific evidence in proof of creationism, I will renounce my atheism and baptize myself in the winners religion
    this is why you are incapable of arguing with. YOu think that we are supposed to change your mind, that is not my goal.

I dont care if youre an atheist.

After 6 pages, you are still too naive to understand what the argument is all about.

I cant prove god exists, you cant prove he doesnt. Despite all your double talk, all your distorting of the arguments and facts, there is stacked evidence to approve and disprove evolution ,as well as gods existence. If 1 was infallible over there other, then it would be PROVEN, its not.

Evolution i believe happens, but it doesnt explain where species and mammals started from. It doesnt explain where we came from. I dont by the "we just evolved from single cell organisms" crap.

Creationism gives us a theory where we came from, but again, its not proveable because we werent there.

Both sides have things we cant prove, that is why its based on faith.

you however, want everyone to think your way , which is wrong.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I dont by the "we just evolved from single cell organisms" crap.
    Fortunately, evolution isn't something you have to "buy" for it to happen, kinda like the Pythagorean theorem in math, kinda like the theory of relativity, triangles are relative, and we're all stuck to the ground. All life evolves. Either you understand it or you don't.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

humans ARE apes, like ducks are birds... you don't outgrow your ancestry

creationism is simply retarded and to think of it as even .00000000000009% plausible is laughable.

i love when people preach creationism, it is basically saying my god is a moron. if god knew everything and created us in his image he is an idiot, and i can say that he would be like 3rd grade special needs 4real...
    we have a vestigial muscle in our foot, for grabbing branches, we have an appendix, we have wisdom teeth, we have a undeveloped muscle in our ear...

whales have useless hips and a undeveloped hind leg

so if creationism is real you are saying god is a moron that threw a bunch of extra parts into his/her/its creations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_vestigiality

1. people being born with abnormalities
    2. pedophiles inserting fruit in lil girls vaginas
    3. hardcore racists
    4. infecting kind, hardworking citizens with cancer

no no, that's the work of the devil to throw us off the true path to god right?

for anyone to believe in a god and everything being created by him has been blinded by god's jizz and cannot see life clearly..for what it is, and how it should be viewed. why would anyone actually bother to argue with someone as closeminded as this geoff dude?

referring god as a he...who the fuck has seen him? a being with that kind of supernatural power could be a transvestite for all we know.

creationism is bimbo logic PERIOD!
    top 5

Fortunately, evolution isn't something you have to "buy" for it to happen, kinda like the Pythagorean theorem in math, kinda like the theory of relativity, triangles are relative, and we're all stuck to the ground. All life evolves. Either you understand it or you don't.
    heh, honestly

why some people REFUSE to come to terms with reality is beyond me...i have always liked you as a poster, black cd, since back when ia used to be the place to post...and now i know why +1
    top 5

oh wow

hahahaha lol how did i miss that?!!
    top 5

Just proved my point, you read what I write and only see what you want to see.

Creationism explains where we came from, as a theory
    Evolution doesn't answer where we came from it assumes we were already here. There's no evidence to suggest a primordial soup evolved into complex organisms, and frankly evolutions time frame is so far off with the AG of the earth that alone is hole enough.

Lastly, gravity you can prove exists, you cannot prove how complex organisms began.

You guys honestly ar so close minded it really is pointless to argue
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Just proved my point, you read what I write and only see what you want to see.

Creationism explains where we came from, as a theory
    Evolution doesn't answer where we came from it assumes we were already here. There's no evidence to suggest a primordial soup evolved into complex organisms, and frankly evolutions time frame is so far off with the AG of the earth that alone is hole enough.

Lastly, gravity you can prove exists, you cannot prove how complex organisms began.

You guys honestly ar so close minded it really is pointless to argue
    creationism explains where we came from...theoretically

so that alone is enough for you? really... thats all? man it doesnt take much for you

yeah and its not that "we're" close-minded, its that we're NOT retarded

HOW HOW HOW is "intelligent design" the answer to how we became what we are today? we were created by a being in his image, in a short time span...EVERYTHING WAS JUST BOOM...done? gimme a break dude, for someone to accept that as FACT and disbelieve in evolution is - is just wow.

i come back to ia only to see why i left in the first place. if i dont see any reason and logic being posted by others ima peace it the fuck out
    top 5

heh, honestly

why some people REFUSE to come to terms with reality is beyond me...i have always liked you as a poster, black cd, since back when ia used to be the place to post...and now i know why +1
    And I have always been somewhat mildly terrified of your user avatar. Keep up the good work. Lol

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

creationism explains where we came from...theoretically
    i come back to ia only to see why i left in the first place. if i dont see any reason and logic being posted by others ima peace it the fuck out
    ok, then good bye? no one really cares about your threats to leave. Participate or leave, none of us cares.

Lastly, there is NO EVIDENCE that suggests we simply appeared by the grace of god, likewise, there is ZERO evidence that we are here because lightning zapped a pool of matter than turned into complex organisms that then evolved into species that gave us man, billions upon billions upon billions of years later. For that to happen , the earth would hae to be FAR OLDER than what evolution THINKS we are. And the fossil records have GIGANTIC holes in them.

Its a very simple concept, there is no concrete infallible evidence we evolved from the big bang or something else, or that god created us in 7 days. they are both BELIEFS, not proven.

Ill ask a simple question then, where did MATTER COME FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. So where did it come from in the first place?
    These things you, evolution, and creationism cannot answer.

all you 2 jackasses want to do is berate people into agreeing with you, you want everyone to respect your opinions and beliefs while shitting on everyone elses.

I just choose to have an open mind and say "i dont know"
    -www.usedbarcode.net

And I have always been somewhat mildly terrified of your user avatar. Keep up the good work. Lol
    why dont you guys go circle jerk each other somewhere else
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast