Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 260

Thread: Evolutionist's.....care to discuss?

  1. #41
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I didnt say the man was 100% guilty, i said he is on trial. Yes it would be biased and unfair.
    You can't be less than 100% guilty. You're guilty or you're not guilty. If the man wasn't guilty then there would be reason to believe the jury was biased.


    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Yes an experiment that was based on a theory of what the atmosphere could have been....thats not empiricle evidence and is there for invalid.
    Miller used environment X, performed the test and it was conclusive. Someone else said it could have been environment Y, they tested it, it was inconclusive. Others said it could have been environment Z, A, B, C, whatever. No scientists have ever ruled out the first environment X.


    Once again you present evolution as some "universal" fact.[/quote]Where did I say evolution was a universal fact? I just looked through the whole thread and no where did I say that. I just said evolution only explained ONE thing. You are trying to argue that it IS universal.

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    True. But you and other "evolutionists" pass on a theory as fact that does not even explain where it originated.
    Thats because Abiogenisis and evolution are two different theories of how and why

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Once again like every other proponent of evolution you pick and choose which issues to dismiss and which to continue discussing. I see this tactic all the time, its called politics. Science is supposed to present itself as fallible, yet every single evolutionist, seeks only to prove themselves right.
    You mean search for correct answers

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    In my mind that is biased and disqualifies the theory and men behind it due to the fact that they contradict the very purpose of science and the scientific method.
    No. No it doesn't

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  2. #42
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    You understand adaptation right? If it suddenly started snowing every day in GA, you would buy a couple jackets, correct? You have adapted to your new environment right?

    So what do you think when it happens on a cellular level. You get the flu virus. You get sick, your body fights it off, and now your well again, and your body now has the antibodies to fight off the flu again. Then NEXT YEAR, you get the flu again. A doctor tests you and it's 100% confirmed a flu virus. The virus looks almost exactly the same as the last one, except it has one little change in its appearance. All the information the virus carries however is the exact same.

    What did the virus do???

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  3. #43
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You can't be less than 100% guilty. You're guilty or you're not guilty. If the man wasn't guilty then there would be reason to believe the jury was biased.
    I think you are missing the point im making with this. The man is on trial for the accused murder of a black man. The jury is made up of 12 black men/women. This would never happen in an actual court of law because this said jury would have a biased opinion. Don't believe me, look how many people voted for Obama just because he was black.

    Miller used environment X, performed the test and it was conclusive. Someone else said it could have been environment Y, they tested it, it was inconclusive. Others said it could have been environment Z, A, B, C, whatever. No scientists have ever ruled out the first environment X.
    can you show me non biased articles to support this?

    Where did I say evolution was a universal fact? I just looked through the whole thread and no where did I say that. I just said evolution only explained ONE thing. You are trying to argue that it IS universal.
    I can show you exactly were you have said before that evolution is a "fact". And facts are universal, they cannot be only partly true.

    You mean search for correct answers
    no i meant exactly what i said. Their actions speaks louder than their words. Richard Dawkins is a perfect example.

    No. No it doesn't
    Can you elaborate with specifics or is no. no it doesn't considered an intelligent response?

    I want to ask you another serious question. Do you believe that the evidences that are readily available today, can only be interpreted as supporting the theory of evolution? Or is/are there other possibilities?

    You understand adaptation right? If it suddenly started snowing every day in GA, you would buy a couple jackets, correct? You have adapted to your new environment right?

    So what do you think when it happens on a cellular level. You get the flu virus. You get sick, your body fights it off, and now your well again, and your body now has the antibodies to fight off the flu again. Then NEXT YEAR, you get the flu again. A doctor tests you and it's 100% confirmed a flu virus. The virus looks almost exactly the same as the last one, except it has one little change in its appearance. All the information the virus carries however is the exact same.

    What did the virus do???
    You literally just made my point for me. Would you say, ( in your scenario provided) that i had evolved? No. That species have changed over time is absolutely observable, to say that they have changed on a molecular level and that every species known to man has come from the same ancestor....that is quite a leap of faith...excuse the pun.
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  4. #44
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    He didn't answer any of my questions, that's proof enough.

    Evolution is not infallible, there are plenty of questions it doesn't answer.

    /discussion
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  5. #45
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    can you show me non biased articles to support this?
    Yes. But you've already proven you're not willing to accept scientific evidence. So when I show you science researched by scientists, you'll automatically write it off as bias.


    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Can you elaborate with specifics or is no. no it doesn't considered an intelligent response?
    Yes, but see above

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    I want to ask you another serious question. Do you believe that the evidences that are readily available today, can only be interpreted as supporting the theory of evolution? Or is/are there other possibilities?
    Evolution is regarded as fact in the scientific community. I don't write the rules, this is just what all these scientists say. You've even shown yourself that a small minority are only skeptical of evolution. There is absolutely zero evidence that a biblical god created everything. If evidence opens up to the contrary, then yes, there would definitely other possibilities

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    You literally just made my point for me. Would you say, ( in your scenario provided) that i had evolved? No. That species have changed over time is absolutely observable, to say that they have changed on a molecular level and that every species known to man has come from the same ancestor....that is quite a leap of faith...excuse the pun.
    So you understand evolution, you just believe god is guiding it, and you are still unsure of life's origin, but you're leaning towards god creating it.

    Or you still believe in biblical genesis?

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  6. #46
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    He didn't answer any of my questions, that's proof enough.

    Evolution is not infallible, there are plenty of questions it doesn't answer.

    /discussion
    I'm gonna wait till you figure out why what you copy pasted didn't make sense

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  7. #47
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Yes. But you've already proven you're not willing to accept scientific evidence. So when I show you science researched by scientists, you'll automatically write it off as bias.
    I would love to see the research. What I write off as bias would be atheistic scientists that are no longer objective or seeking truth but rather seeking to further their agenda...once again...see Richard Dawkins.

    Evolution is regarded as fact in the scientific community. I don't write the rules, this is just what all these scientists say. You've even shown yourself that a small minority are only skeptical of evolution. There is absolutely zero evidence that a biblical god created everything. If evidence opens up to the contrary, then yes, there would definitely other possibilities
    If evolution was regarded as fact, then there would be no debate, Faith would be defeated, and we would not be having this conversation. I am not convinced that it is regarded as fact in the scientific community, i can't argue thought that it is a widely held belief. I have not shown anywhere that a small minority are only skeptical of evolution...they disregard it totally as nothing more than theory. How is there zero evidence that a biblical God created everything? It is the same evidence you are observing only viewed differently. The evidence has open up to the contrary, it is called Creation theory and intelligent design.

    So you understand evolution, you just believe god is guiding it, and you are still unsure of life's origin, but you're leaning towards god creating it.

    Or you still believe in biblical genesis?
    I most definately understand the concept of evolution. I am no expert in the field and cannot explain the complex mathematics or molecular biology. I am not unsure of life's origin. I am sure that the Biblical God spoke everything into existence. How He did so is above me and everyone else, including scientific method.I do believe that species will adapt to their surroundings, this is very evident and easily observed. That does not though mean that things evolved from one single celled organism. To me, if everything in the natural world shows purpose and intent, then it would stand to reason that it was a design of higher intelligence. The same evidence you view is the same that i look at. I believe it to be a signature of God and that science is a way for us to come closer to Him and understanding the world He created around us. It really is beautiful and magnificent how everything seems to just "fit" together.


    Give it a few years...it could happen...
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  8. #48
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    If evolution was regarded as fact, then there would be no debate, Faith would be defeated, and we would not be having this conversation. I am not convinced that it is regarded as fact in the scientific community, i can't argue thought that it is a widely held belief. I have not shown anywhere that a small minority are only skeptical of evolution...they disregard it totally as nothing more than theory. How is there zero evidence that a biblical God created everything? It is the same evidence you are observing only viewed differently. The evidence has open up to the contrary, it is called Creation theory and intelligent design.
    The debate stems from the people that don't fully understand and completely reject evolution because it conflicts with their belief in biblical genesis and the great flood/noahs ark in the bible. Because they believe the bible is absolute truth. This is called cognative dissonance. When people hold onto beliefs despite evidence to the contrary. These are the people that think evolution is an "educated guess". Creation and I.D. are called conjectures in the scientific community. Hypotheses that are untestable. Simple statements, because, as you mentioned before, they deal with the supernatural and are not bound by any laws of physics. Faith is not defeated becuase science is still open to the possibility that a creator may have initiated the whole process, but currently lacks the evidence since it is not bound by physics.

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    I most definately understand the concept of evolution. I am no expert in the field and cannot explain the complex mathematics or molecular biology. I am not unsure of life's origin. I am sure that the Biblical God spoke everything into existence. How He did so is above me and everyone else, including scientific method.
    If god is outside of the laws of physics and the scientific method, why do creationists, who have a limited understanding of physics in the first place, use physical laws and the scientific method to try and explain it?

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    I do believe that species will adapt to their surroundings, this is very evident and easily observed. That does not though mean that things evolved from one single celled organism.
    Are you open to the possibility that complex life did evolve from one single celled organism and that a creator put all those amino acids in place to make that organism?

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    To me, if everything in the natural world shows purpose and intent, then it would stand to reason that it was a design of higher intelligence. The same evidence you view is the same that i look at. I believe it to be a signature of God and that science is a way for us to come closer to Him and understanding the world He created around us. It really is beautiful and magnificent how everything seems to just "fit" together.
    Thanks so much god for designing this for us. The human race just wouldnt be the same without it



    ^^^ Human Immunodeficiency Virus

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  9. #49
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The debate stems from the people that don't fully understand and completely reject evolution because it conflicts with their belief in biblical genesis and the great flood/noahs ark in the bible. Because they believe the bible is absolute truth. This is called cognative dissonance. When people hold onto beliefs despite evidence to the contrary. These are the people that think evolution is an "educated guess". Creation and I.D. are called conjectures in the scientific community. Hypotheses that are untestable. Simple statements, because, as you mentioned before, they deal with the supernatural and are not bound by any laws of physics. Faith is not defeated becuase science is still open to the possibility that a creator may have initiated the whole process, but currently lacks the evidence since it is not bound by physics.
    I see what you are saying here. I am not saying that the existence of God is some how proven with the available evidence. What I am saying is that the available evidence can be seen as showing purpose, intent, design, and intelligence. All those things point to a Intelligent Designer. Even Creationalism believing scientists ( yes with phd) will say that it is not based on theological beliefs but actually points towards it. Come on man, you read the article and saw the videos. That evidence isnt produced from thin air nor completely fabricated. It can be observed and rationalized. There are some very good points that Creationalist make...you said so yourself. I like the fact that you said faith is not defeated by science...not many evolutionists see that...ie Richard Dawkins. Many though would like to use the theory to destroy religion, faith, God in general. Would it not seem that way to you?

    If god is outside of the laws of physics and the scientific method, why do creationists, who have a limited understanding of physics in the first place, use physical laws and the scientific method to try and explain it?
    So all creationists have a limited understanding? Even those with p.h.d.'s in biology and physics? The question can be flipped my friend. Why do atheists believe this same evidence can be used to disprove God? This same evidence is used by creationists to point towards intelligent design.

    Are you open to the possibility that complex life did evolve from one single celled organism and that a creator put all those amino acids in place to make that organism?
    No. Not simply by my faith but also by scientific evidence/lack of explanation. For example, bacteriam flagellum. Complex organism that could not have evolved over time gradually through natural selection. Please explain how this organism exists then, or did it never evolve?

    Are you open to the possibility that there is an Ultimate Creator who put forth the motions to the universe and life as we know it? I'm not asking whether you are open to the possibility that He guides evolution or that He merely spoke everything into existence. I just wanna know, is it at all possible that He exists?

    Also, you never answered my question earlier about every single living thing having a purpose in life. What are your thoughts on this statement..."everything in nature has a purpose, purpose that shows intent, intent that shows intelligence." ?

    Oh, and still waiting on your response to the cambrian explosion
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  10. #50
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    38
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    I'm gonna wait till you figure out why what you copy pasted didn't make sense
    Evolution is the theory that species evolved ,survival of the fittest, natural selection, but it doesnt answer where the original species comes from. It largely ignores that.

    SO on one hand you use evolution to explain why god doesnt exist, but on the other hand you argue that evolution doesnt try to explain where anyone comes from. Its double talk, and its funny.

    After pages of posts it still comes down to the 1 statement i always make and its still true:
    You cannot prove god exists, and you cannot prove he DOESNT exist.

    Thats it.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    The only ones who think evolution disproves God are religous people. No self respecting atheist (including Richard Dawkins) would say that it does.

  12. #52
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Birds are fish which were "dna in the water" .... huh?
    Last edited by Benefit; 02-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  13. #53
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The only ones who think evolution disproves God are religous people. No self respecting atheist (including Richard Dawkins) would say that it does.
    I would really like to see you back this up. I can personally give you i don't know...20 examples off the top of my head where Richard Dawkins uses evolution to disprove God, mock religion, and make those who have faith out to be foolish uneducated morons. If what you say above is true, then Dawkins is no longer a self respecting atheist. He has taken it upon himself to spread the anti-god agenda. How do I know this? Look at his website, look at the videos he has made, look at the interviews....
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  14. #54
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    birds are fish

  15. #55
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    birds are fish
    Dude, what are you saying lol
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  16. #56
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    there was DNA in the water, which somehow turned into fish....then the fish learned to walk on land and breathe air, turn into something else...and eventually grow wings...DUH

  17. #57
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Oh ok lol. Yeah, some of the specifics in the theory are well....far fetched to say the least. What astounds me most is this. In the beginning (yes we all believe their was a beginning) was nothing. Then out of nothing came matter, then for no reason that matter decided to change into stars, planets, ect....Then on one particular planet, which would have been considered uninhabitable...nothing once again turned into a single celled organism which became the mother/father of all living things.

    Wanna really throw a wrench into the "Law of Evolution"( after all it is an undisputed fact amongst learned folks) ask them about bacteria flaggelum. It is a complex "machine" organism that could not have simply evolved over a gradual amount of time....otherwise it would not exist....
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  18. #58
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    In the first days, water was pure. it did not contain DNA and bacteria like todays water

    and earth is just that lucky bastard that has a breathable substance called oxygen instead of carbon dioxide

  19. #59
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Absurd shit, cant believe people actually believe that shit....wtf

    its just a way to escape the reality i guess

  20. #60
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i believe its a way to escape morality and submission to an authority higher than themselves. God demands a higher way of conduct and lifestyle.
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  21. #61
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I like the fact that you said faith is not defeated by science...not many evolutionists see that...ie Richard Dawkins. Many though would like to use the theory to destroy religion, faith, God in general. Would it not seem that way to you?
    No. Have you ever read the book "The Greatest Show on Earth" or "The God Delusion". I would highly recommend reading those.


    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    So all creationists have a limited understanding? Even those with p.h.d.'s in biology and physics? The question can be flipped my friend. Why do atheists believe this same evidence can be used to disprove God? This same evidence is used by creationists to point towards intelligent design.
    I would be incredibly surprised if you found me a biologist or a physicist that said "god spoke everything into creation as it is today"

    No one has ever tried to disprove god here. We have simply said it is highly unlikely that he exists. Since he doesnt want to play by the rules of science, we simply cant assume he is real. If one day he decided to play by the rules and say "here I am!", then that would be a totally different story.


    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    No. Not simply by my faith but also by scientific evidence/lack of explanation. For example, bacteriam flagellum. Complex organism that could not have evolved over time gradually through natural selection. Please explain how this organism exists then, or did it never evolve?
    Picture if you will a 5-20 billion year old earth. On one side of it, lets say where georgia sits, lets say we have this environment X. we hit it with lightning and we get amino acids. Lets travel way on the other side, where Moscow sits. There happens to be a little higher concentration of oxygen gas in this spot so we get a little higher concentration of amino acid A. Lets say in every spot we hit with lightning we get a different concentration of different amino acids (If we stop right here, we have just given an example of ABIOGENESIS). pretty soon these acids blend together develop into DNA. lets say that due to the concentration of acids in ga, we develop single cell X, in moscow, due to the different concentration acids, we develop single cell Y. Y is a simple bacterium. Over the years and years and years the concentration in the bad gasses lessens, nitrogen and oxygen become more prevalent. At just the right time, maybe it took a couple billion years, but the concentration of gasses became just right for more complex life. energy sources change, environment changes, now we get multicellular organisms, and sexual reproduction. and remember, there are all these different organisms all over the earth because of small environment changes, evolving at their own pace due to their own environments and energy sources. mix all that together and life begins to expand exponentially. This is the reason behind the "cambrian explosion". Theres a mathematical equation that also explains this, I gotta find it though...

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Are you open to the possibility that there is an Ultimate Creator who put forth the motions to the universe and life as we know it? I'm not asking whether you are open to the possibility that He guides evolution or that He merely spoke everything into existence. I just wanna know, is it at all possible that He exists?
    Unlikey, because as we both agreed, scientifically, the creator is not currently playing by the laws of physics and the scientific method. Scientifically, we cannot assume he exists. WHEN THE DAY COMES that the creator, whatever it is, decides to play by the rules, then we can examine it.

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Also, you never answered my question earlier about every single living thing having a purpose in life. What are your thoughts on this statement..."everything in nature has a purpose, purpose that shows intent, intent that shows intelligence." ?
    I know everything has a purpose as well. Its just a different intent than yours

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Evolution is the theory that species evolved ,survival of the fittest, natural selection, but it doesnt answer where the original species comes from. It largely ignores that.
    No, it completely ignores that. Evolutions job isnt to explain where everything comes from. That is called Abiogenesis. If i told you about internal combustion theory, air/fuel comes in, gets compressed, explodes, exits chamber, turns crankshaft. I totally left out who invented internal combustion, didnt i?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd
    SO on one hand you use evolution to explain why god doesnt exist, but on the other hand you argue that evolution doesnt try to explain where anyone comes from. Its double talk, and its funny.
    Ive never once used evolution to explain that he doesnt exist. Ive explained how evolution works, and how its highly unlikely that a creator exists. Can you point me to an instance where I did this and I'd be happy to further explain it.

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  22. #62
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Oh ok lol. Yeah, some of the specifics in the theory are well....far fetched to say the least. What astounds me most is this. In the beginning (yes we all believe their was a beginning) was nothing. Then out of nothing came matter, then for no reason that matter decided to change into stars, planets, ect....Then on one particular planet, which would have been considered uninhabitable...nothing once again turned into a single celled organism which became the mother/father of all living things.
    No. Not a single scientist thinks this. This is also not evolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Wanna really throw a wrench into the "Law of Evolution"( after all it is an undisputed fact amongst learned folks) ask them about bacteria flaggelum. It is a complex "machine" organism that could not have simply evolved over a gradual amount of time....otherwise it would not exist....
    Flagellum doesnt throw a wrench in evolution at all. Its about like legs on a human.

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    i believe its a way to escape morality and submission to an authority higher than themselves. God demands a higher way of conduct and lifestyle.
    Escape morality? What do you mean by that?

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  23. #63
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    just right for more complex life. energy sources change, environment changes, now we get multicellular organisms, and sexual reproduction. and remember, there are all these different organisms all over the earth because of small environment changes


    so these "organisms" that came from "LIGHTNING" turned into PTERODACTYLS AND T-REX'S????
    ?
    Last edited by Benefit; 02-07-2012 at 08:33 PM.

  24. #64
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    listen to yourself man

    lightning put organisms on the earth and they turned into flying pterodactyls

    i know you are going to respond with

    "over time"
    Last edited by Benefit; 02-07-2012 at 08:46 PM.

  25. #65
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
    listen to yourself man

    lightning put organisms on the earth and they turned into flying pterodactyls
    Yes thats what I'm saying. You have a different theory? Supported by physical evidence?

    Lemme guess. You think allah snapped his fingers and t-rex's and pterodactyls just....happened, right?

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  26. #66
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    he didnt have to snap his fingers

    Why dont you go to google and type in slight concavity?

    or better yet, why dont you go look for a dimple on YOUR OWN forehead, let alone try to find one PARALLEL to it

  27. #67
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    lol lightning...pterodactyls...

    wtf this world come to

  28. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I would really like to see you back this up. I can personally give you i don't know...20 examples off the top of my head where Richard Dawkins uses evolution to disprove God, mock religion, and make those who have faith out to be foolish uneducated morons. If what you say above is true, then Dawkins is no longer a self respecting atheist. He has taken it upon himself to spread the anti-god agenda. How do I know this? Look at his website, look at the videos he has made, look at the interviews....
    Well I dont own any of his books so I can't look for quotes but I've seen interviews before and read a couple of his books. I never remember him making any such claim. If you can show where he said evolution disproves God then I will admit I am wrong. No doubt he hates religion and is a proponent of evolution, but I don't believe he ever said evolution proves God doesn't exist because that doesn't make any logical sense.

  29. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
    listen to yourself man

    lightning put organisms on the earth and they turned into flying pterodactyls

    i know you are going to respond with

    "over time"
    So you don't think God has the ability to start life with lightning? I think you underestimate him.

  30. #70
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    no comment

  31. #71
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    So you don't think God has the ability to start life with lightning? I think you underestimate him.
    /thread. Lol.

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  32. #72
    Who is John Galt? Echonova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    90
    Posts
    26,989
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    But really, are you being really serious right now? I refuse to believe someone with any kind of post secondary, paid higher education background has such limited understanding of evolution. Unless you went to BYU
    I disagree with a lot of your views... But I LIRL'd for real.



    And I can prove it with science

  33. #73
    wherever God leads geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gwinnett
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Flagellum doesnt throw a wrench in evolution at all. Its about like legs on a human.
    Yes that is what flagellum means. But the bacteria flagellum is a complex organism described as a "machine" that could not have existed according to the current evolution model.

    No. Have you ever read the book "The Greatest Show on Earth" or "The God Delusion". I would highly recommend reading those.
    Well I dont own any of his books so I can't look for quotes but I've seen interviews before and read a couple of his books. I never remember him making any such claim. If you can show where he said evolution disproves God then I will admit I am wrong. No doubt he hates religion and is a proponent of evolution, but I don't believe he ever said evolution proves God doesn't exist because that doesn't make any logical sense.
    I too have seen videos of his and his web page. The video " The God Delusion" he goes around with a figurative " Evolution is god" sign, mocks those of faith and uses evolution as a tool to disprove faith/creation. How do I know this? I watched the videos and read his page.

    Yes thats what I'm saying. You have a different theory? Supported by physical evidence?

    Lemme guess. You think allah snapped his fingers and t-rex's and pterodactyls just....happened, right?
    You understand that the Intelligent Design theory is not based on theological reasoning but on the same evidence you use for evolution don't you? If you took the time to research it, you would see it is not so far fetched. They do not claim any certain "God" as the designer. They simply state that a higher intelligence that is not bound by physical law was responsible. Is it really so hard to believe? Abiogenesis is a load of crap and evolution relies completely on "chance". Mathematically speaking the "odds" of evolution are way less than a 50/50% of God.

    Escape morality? What do you mean by that?
    Men are naturally selfish and do what pleases them most above all else. The " faith " is supposed to be about a strict code of conduct, self sacrifice, and service to fellow man. Not to say that all atheists are "bad" or that all those with some sort of faith are " good". But the atheist world is mostly of those who support gay marriage, abortion, ect....

    This is the way I personally view evolution....the theory of evolution provides a convincing story of how life came to be the way that it currently is. There are several different evidences that are used. But, this theory can in no way give a logical explanation of why it came to be nor how it eventually came from absolute nothing.You can not simply ignore these two important aspects by saying they don't matter or they are irrelevant. What if the theory of evolution was said by scientists to have been put in motion by an ancient super alien race? Would that make you agree or disagree with it?
    riding for God crew member #1


    IA Domestic Alliance

  34. #74
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Convincing story? its complete bs

    lightning=pterodactyls

  35. #75
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Yes that is what flagellum means. But the bacteria flagellum is a complex organism described as a "machine" that could not have existed according to the current evolution model.
    So then what do you think the difference is between a flagellum on a bacteria and an animal sperm?



    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    I too have seen videos of his and his web page. The video " The God Delusion" he goes around with a figurative " Evolution is god" sign, mocks those of faith and uses evolution as a tool to disprove faith/creation. How do I know this? I watched the videos and read his page.
    Did you read the book "The greatest show on earth" and "The God Delusion"?



    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    Men are naturally selfish and do what pleases them most above all else. The " faith " is supposed to be about a strict code of conduct, self sacrifice, and service to fellow man. Not to say that all atheists are "bad" or that all those with some sort of faith are " good". But the atheist world is mostly of those who support gay marriage, abortion, ect....
    Yes, human equality is a something a lot of atheists believe in


    Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    What if the theory of evolution was said by scientists to have been put in motion by an ancient super alien race? Would that make you agree or disagree with it?
    If we had empirical, physical, evidence the earth began by an ancient super alien race, then absolutely. In that same respect, if there was the same evidence that god created everything, then I would believe it as well.

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  36. #76
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
    Convincing story? its complete bs

    lightning=pterodactyls
    Did you happen to answer bu's question? Or do you still have no comment? Or is that your comment?

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  37. #77
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    organisms? cells?

    if i dumped 100 alive humans in the ocean, with dna, sperm, cells, organisms

    i would not even have bone in 1 million years

  38. #78
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Did you happen to answer bu's question? Or do you still have no comment? Or is that your comment?
    did you type in slight concavity in google?

  39. #79
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
    did you type in slight concavity in google?
    Absolutely.

    "hair is thick, his forehead is broad and there is a slight concavity on his forehead. His nose is small, and there is a very small protrusion right on the bridge. A small mole protrudes on his cheek."

    Im assuming thats what you're looking for

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  40. #80
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    1
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,444
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    yea, there are 100's of physical characteristics like that, written before he was born...and he possesses them all

    your answer will be "coincidence"

    this "slight concavity" is on the right center of the forehead...and there is another exactly parallel to it...can you find one on YOUR forehead?

    im guessing the pyramids were giant boulders at one time and wind shaped them into the way they are now?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!