Thread: Macbook Pro VS Loaded Windows based laptop

Default Macbook Pro VS Loaded Windows based laptop

im torn between the two.. within the next month or two i will be purchasing a new laptop, either a Macbook PRO or a super loaded Windows laptop. i have used a Macbook pro and absolutely love the interface and performance, but i have not tried to use it with photoshop or dreamweaver (which is what i use on a daily basis). i current have a Dell Latitude with a Core i3 processor & 4 gigs of ram and its quite sluggish after a good hour of usage. i would like IA's opinion on which laptop would be best for me...

quick notes of my lifestyle.
    -i use photoshop and dreamweaver on the daily
    -i need something portable
    -i need something within a reasonable price(even though Macbook is 2x more, if its worth it .. its worth it)
    -i need something of a good build quality thats durable and will last me a year if not more

opinions? recommendations of a specific model? list it, im a huge tech nerd so get technical with me Lolol

I would suggest you get a macbook pro instead of a loaded windows if you want portability. I think it's better for photos and editing. I have a alienware mx15 that is loaded with every possible upgrade and that ran me over $3400 that I use for editing but it's not portable. I know it's a gaming computer but it's huge lol

MBP All the way. Been using mine for 2 years and it runs just as fast as the day I bought it

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Certified Gearhead SlowsterCivy's Avatar

Mac Book Pro...

...is Linux an option?

Macs are overpriced but really snazzy and probably have better software for what you wanna do.

Windows sucks but if you know a bit about how to maintain a computer they're fine. I have a Dell Studio 1555 and it does its job well. I dual boot with Ubuntu just in case, lol. I got it a little over a year ago with a Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz Processor and 4 gigs of RAM for just under $500 from the dell outlet. I mainly use it for notes, cs4, movies, and browsing the internet. It's never slow.

For your needs, I would go with a Mac if you have the money to shell out. There IS an Apple Outlet online. You should check out the prices.

link > http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

cool

MacBook Pro without a doubt!
    They see me trollinnnnn

Richard, I have a macbook PRO and I got PS and Dreamweaver...hit me up and you can come check it out.

i have a mbp and have had it for a lil over a year now, super quick and the battery last for hours. its great. but im not a computer wiz either.