Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Concealed Carry Thread

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Not really concealed carry, but I didnt think this warranted a new thread either.

I've decided on my next gun purchase, and the AR got pushed to the back burner once again.

Next run is going to be a Kimber Stainless II. I may even step up to the TLE/RL II if the price is right.

Going to get rid of the stock grips and add rosewood grips to it and add the tapered mag well and if I dont get the TLE/RL, I will also be putting on a set of night sites.
    Kimbers are very disappointing for the price. Very avg guns despite the fancy brochures.

In that price range, i like the springfield range officer a lot better.

I've never seen in person, or on the website a stainless SA in the price range I am looking at. All I have seen are well over 1500, I am looking at sub 1k.

I've never seen in person, or on the website a stainless SA in the price range I am looking at. All I have seen are well over 1500, I am looking at sub 1k. Just looking through all of the other high end 1911's out there, Kimber is at the low end of the priceing, but probably in the middle of the pack in quality.

I've never seen in person, or on the website a stainless SA in the price range I am looking at. All I have seen are well over 1500, I am looking at sub 1k. Just looking through all of the other high end 1911's out there, Kimber is at the low end of the priceing, but probably in the middle of the pack in quality.
    I would highly recommend shooting one first. Theyre a really shiney taurus with better advertising. Theyre the Fram of 1911s. I wanted one too.... until i touched one.

Id go rent one at the range first.

Shooters in columbus has a few of them. $5 +ammo and range fee.

I can show you multiple threads from the Georgia gun Forum of disatisfied or mortified Kimber owners...My take from reading is they are very nice and well built just bad or shitty designs and wear out to easy or dysfunction.

I've been reading a couple diffrent 1911 forums and Kimbers seem to be placed right in the middle of the pack. Not in cimpetiton with the ed Browns, or Nighthawk Customs, but still better than the Remington and Rock Islands.

Like I said, I am also looking for Stainless, which also narrows the pool of prospects.

I've been reading a couple diffrent 1911 forums and Kimbers seem to be placed right in the middle of the pack. Not in cimpetiton with the ed Browns, or Nighthawk Customs, but still better than the Remington and Rock Islands.

Like I said, I am also looking for Stainless, which also narrows the pool of prospects.
    I wouldnt even put it at middle pack. Im not comparing it to wilson combat or dan wesson... im comparing it to $500 springfields, colt, sig, even taurus. Kimber is about on par with taurus.

Kimber makes a very fragile and problematic gun. Theyre not durable or reliable at all. They dont feel as fancy as they look in the pics either.

Your money though.... id look at colt and springfield first

Colt.......

I'm seriously doubting going with anything now. Seems that every 1911 in the price range I am looking for has as many detractors as fanboys.

I am finding some more recent threads on various forums that are leaning Colt though, seems they made some serious QC advances somewhere around 2008 or 2009.

Going to see if I can find a colt to handle and see if I like the feel and trigger any better than the Kimber. One thing that does lean me towards the Colt is the warranty though.

I'm seriously doubting going with anything now. Seems that every 1911 in the price range I am looking for has as many detractors as fanboys.

I am finding some more recent threads on various forums that are leaning Colt though, seems they made some serious QC advances somewhere around 2008 or 2009.

Going to see if I can find a colt to handle and see if I like the feel and trigger any better than the Kimber. One thing that does lean me towards the Colt is the warranty though.
    I wouldnt hesitate to buy any colt.

I know what you mean about forum critics... look hard enough and you can find someone to bash Milah Kunis's titties... but kimber bashing is pretty consistent everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    but kimber bashing is pretty consistent everywhere.
    Most of the Kimber bashing I have seen is from extractors that have since been replaced and their use of MIM parts. The same MIM parts that are used by pretty much every mainstream manufacturer from Colt to S&W to Kimber to SA.

Some issues with magazines, some with recoil springs, some with a dozen other issues, but not nearly the same number in recent articles/forum posts, as in pre 2010 posts.

Colt is a manufacture than will never lose but only retain and increase in value.

Save the money and buy a Wilson combat or Dan Wesson you won't regret it. I am personally saving for a Wilson combat, it hasn't been easy though with the wife in school full time but she will be done in a week and hopefully employed soon after. If everything goes as planned I will have it by the end of the summer hopefully. Para ordinance is a under rated brand of 1911, with a better trigger the gun is a smooth shooter.

Screw it, just buy an Hk USP Compact in .45ACP.

It'll carry the same amount of ammo, weighs less, and it will never fail. (PS, got mine from a local for $700 + 2 mags. But if you're dead-set on a 1911, I can't help ya.)

EDIT: Mmmmmmm...

-91 240SX -- CA18 Power...SOLD, now terrorizing the streets of Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
    Screw it, just buy an Hk USP Compact in .45ACP.

It'll carry the same amount of ammo, weighs less, and it will never fail. (PS, got mine from a local for $700 + 2 mags. But if you're dead-set on a 1911, I can't help ya.)

EDIT: Mmmmmmm...

Pretty sure hes hunting a show piece.

Glock 19 w/ federal premium hollows.
    Last edited by AnthonyF; 08-17-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Pretty sure hes hunting a show piece.
    Hella late to this, in a way you are right. It wasnt going be a carry gun as they are too large for my liking.

Since that post, I have really walked away from the 1911's though. I just received the receivers to build myself a suppressed SBR. I was actually going to order my rail system and get my trust started yesterday, but instead my play money went into a new water heater for the house.

Now that I've grown up lol, carrying an HK VP9 and competing with a worked Glock 34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    And I do drive a Miata, so I am gayer than a three dollar bill...

Sold my G29 10mm and picked up a G43 for EDC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234