Thread: Compaq 1200-xl106?

Default Compaq 1200-xl106?

My dad's laptop will not cut on, I reformatted it and it worked fine until it went to sleep then I could not get it back up. I figured it was the internal battery and it was having a problem saving the BIOS. I replaced it still nothing, it won't even post. Every onece in a while it will give me two solid BEEPS when powering up. What are the audible warings for this particular model and do you have any suggestions, I'm still a novice when it comes to these things.
    Adam Elite-founder www.eliteofatlanta.com

A.C.E. GA Rep. [email protected]

1994 JDM converted GSR

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

Suggestion=kick Compaq out the window, then go buy a Dell.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

IA KING

Suggestion=kick Compaq out the window, then go buy a Dell.
    scratch that DELL sux balls and it in fact sux balls!!! sounds like it may be bad memory, try a new stick

Are you getting a stop code of any sort? Could be anything really. Dam the laptops, to hard to try diffrent hardware to troubleshoot. Does the screen ever show ANYTHING at all?
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."

Pretty much Danny, and it did have new mem stick so let me try that. It's my dad's and he just uses it for database.
    Adam Elite-founder www.eliteofatlanta.com

A.C.E. GA Rep. [email protected]

1994 JDM converted GSR

yeah is it 2 long solid beeps or what?... you can look it up at the manufacturer..>

possibly memory man... try switching sodimms.... if that dont work substitute the sticks... if that dont work... hrm ur fucked dont know what to say...if u fuck around alot inside something could be shorted.. who knows?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

heres one that works for like 50 bucks lol
    "The 1911 is a collection of subsystems that must work together. Each part must be prepared and fit properly not only in and of itself, but also with regard to the other parts with which it must operate for the gun to function and appear as desired."