Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scientific, archaeological, current events proof of bible!

Default Scientific, archaeological, current events proof of bible!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    So then you believe that the bible is some written conspiracy of men trying to manipulate the population at the time and holds no value for todays generation? You believe it was man made ideas and not inspired by God? And that it has no accuracy nor meaning? Is that about right?
    This topic has been one that has come up several times. I have seen people quote atheistic writings from wikipedia and videos created by atheist that have no scientific or archaeological background. This thread is not for the faint of heart, if you are someone that wants to learn, that cares to see if it is real, or wants to know if the stories in the bible are real and not made up by men than i offer you this information. For those of you that honestly could not care less if the bible is real, if it was not made up by man, if it is truly the inspired Word of God, then leave your mocking comments out of here because you are truly close minded and are not wanting to learn but to be led by false teachers.

This thread will be updated with more information as I gather it and put it all together. Thank you for those that actually take the time to look and study and learn. I pray God would open your eyes to see the truth in the evidence, your ears to hear the truth from archaeologists and scientists, and your minds and hearts to process the information and then search to find more of the Lord.

Archaeological evidences, studies, and finds of the accuracy of the bible. It shows that the bible was not made up by men to manipulate, that it is historically accurate, and as reliable as an ancient historical text.

http://www.pb.org/pbdocs/bibleac.html
    http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/bibarch.htm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWawV...eature=related
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

my next section will discuss biblical prophecy compared to current and historical events, and as such it will probably take some time to put it all together. Bare with me

IA Domestic Alliance

This next section will talk about the biblical prophecies that have been fulfilled historically, the Messiahnic prophecy fulfilled by Jesus, and prophecy in the New Testament about the end times.

Examples of Old Testament prophecy fulfilled historically and the prophecies of the Messiah that were fulfilled by Jesus.

http://www.bible.ca/b-prophecy-60.htm
    http://www.greatcom.org/resources/ar...06/default.htm
    http://www.bible-prophecy.com/otprophecies.htm

prophecy fulfilled by Christ:
    http://www.biblestudy.org/prophecy/o...phecies-jesus-
    fulfilled.html

NEW TESTAMENT PROPHECY ( given by Christ of the end times ):

"And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many. But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows. “But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them.And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved."

The Great Tribulation

“So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house.And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!And pray that your flight may not be in winter.For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be.And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days. “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." mark 13:5-22
    For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0mhBVFz9zk

you hear of wars and rumors of wars
    Just turn on the news some time, war on terrorism, middle eastern conflicts, Korean conflicts, ect...

Nation shall rise against nation...Kingdom against kingdom
    Once again just turn on the news to see how many different conflicts of war or battle there are in the world today.

earthquakes in various places
    This one is pretty interesting, especially with what has happened the past few months no? Just look up how many earthquakes there have been in the last month, the statistics don't lie my friends.
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/
    http://thechronicleherald.ca/Science/1171862.html

famines and troubles
    http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat8.htm
    http://www.bread.org/learn/hunger-ba...rnational.html

they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers and kings for My sake
    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018048699
    http://www.christianpersecution.info/
    http://agis10.tripod.com/id16.html

gospel must first be preached to all the nations
    http://www.catholic.org/internationa...y.php?id=30064
    The gospel is now preached in every country, and the bible has been translated to 98% of the worlds fluent languages.

And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake
    You don't need to look much further than some of the posts in this religion section....

when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’
    The anti-christ, who needs to be revealed, the only end time prophecy that has not been fulfilled......YET

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it.
    http://www.cmfnow.com/articles/pt193.htm
    So many times throughout history there have been men claiming to know when Christ will return, several congregations even went as far as to sell every possession they owned, they were obviously wrong, but that does not mean that it His coming is further away, it makes it closer. So just as Jesus said, don't worry about when, just be prepared and watch.

More NEW TESTAMENT prophecy fulfillment:
    http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre03propgospelnotes.html
    http://www.liferesearchuniversal.com/etstats2.html

WOW!!!!!! There are only a few options to explain this....
    A) These guys are crazy and were smoking some serious hashish, but how then were they so accurate?
    B) They must have gotten their hands on a DeLorean, flux capacitator, and 1.21 gigawatts
    or..........
    C) The Bible is the HOLY INSPIRED WORD OF GOD, given to men and recorded.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

IA Domestic Alliance

Proof there is no God.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

not wanting to learn but to be led by false teachers.
    Give me tangible proof that it is not YOU who is led by "false teachers." You have no real proof that what you are being taught is actually real. You're going by what you've been told and taught.

BUT WAIT!!!

THERE'S MORE!!!

I remember you saying a couple of days ago in this POST "I am not one to be led around blindly and believe something someone told me i should. I came to be where I am today by lots of study."

I'd like to reiterate today's Christian word of the day..... "Hypocrite."

You're trying to so hard to be insulting in order to protect what you BELIEVE.

Speaking of the above post (linked in), I noticed that you managed to overlook where I questioned your claiming to be a religious scientist. Could you please provide any credentials you may have to support this claim? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Who has denied the Bible?

I know it exists, I have like 8.
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

The bible was written by man, it is interpreted based on the time period. The people who wrote it can say they were inspired by god, but since there is no proof god actually spoke to them or actually told them to write what they wrote , or can give any substancial proof to back up any of the writings.....it is not able to be proven

again the fundamental point of religion is it is based on BELIEF and FAITH. Those 2 words mean believing in something you cannot see or prove.

You can cite YouTube all day long or he said she said links from websites it all boils down to you cannot prove a god exists nor does he not exist. You believe he does, congrats there are many like you.

This doesn't give you the right to come on a car forum and try to prove to people god does exist just cause you believe it.

Go watch religolous
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Oh and I'm sure there are truths in the bible like the people existed, cities existed etc

that is totally able to be proven, but just cause there is an Egypt doesn't mean Moses actually parted the Red sea. Just cause there is a Tigris river doesn't mean there's an actual tower of babel

tHey are stories. Some choose to believe, others don't

why can't you as a Christian except some people don't want to believe what you believe. God appears in many religions with different tales on how he came to be. There are many viewpoints , what makes yours right?
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

QD- You must have some kind of hero persona thought of yourself. You sit and pick a a post or two and try to prove what point? DID YOU NOT SEE ANY OF THE EVIDENCE ABOVE?
    I put my faith in something that has not changed since it was instituted. Your science changes more and more with each passing moment. Once again you say I am trying to be insulting....And I never said I was a scientist of any sort, I didn't answer your question because it was stupid. As far as your " hypocrit" comment, I am not led blindly, I came to my belief and conclusion and faith because I personally took the time to personally study the available evidences and opinions and I took all of that and came to the conclusion that I believe in the Lord. You on the other hand contradict yourself my friend, you say, " I never said I don't believe in God " yet you sit there and argue against any evidence provided and try to disprove it, That would be the CORRECT definition of a hypocrit. I have stuck to my story and my beliefs whereas your actions and words don't match to your said stand on faith and God. Later, Geoff

stillaneon- I didn't post this thread to say the bible isn't real, obviously you can hold it in your hands. This information is merely to give evidences that it is not some man made fable.

Oh and this...
    For those of you that honestly could not care less if the bible is real, if it was not made up by man, if it is truly the inspired Word of God, then leave your mocking comments out of here because you are truly close minded and are not wanting to learn but to be led by false teachers.

IA Domestic Alliance

Vteckidd- I totally understand your view. The reason for this is because of all the threads that say, " Had a thought, maybe the bible was not from God ". I believe what makes mine right is because it can be archaeologically and historically tested and be proven on its accuracy, also the fact of the multiple detailed prophecies ,that are not vague in nature, that have come to pass.

IA Domestic Alliance

QD- You must have some kind of hero persona thought of yourself. You sit and pick a a post or two and try to prove what point? DID YOU NOT SEE ANY OF THE EVIDENCE ABOVE?
    I put my faith in something that has not changed since it was instituted. Your science changes more and more with each passing moment. Once again you say I am trying to be insulting....And I never said I was a scientist of any sort, I didn't answer your question because it was stupid. As far as your " hypocrit" comment, I am not led blindly, I came to my belief and conclusion and faith because I personally took the time to personally study the available evidences and opinions and I took all of that and came to the conclusion that I believe in the Lord. You on the other hand contradict yourself my friend, you say, " I never said I don't believe in God " yet you sit there and argue against any evidence provided and try to disprove it, That would be the CORRECT definition of a hypocrit. I have stuck to my story and my beliefs whereas your actions and words don't match to your said stand on faith and God. Later, Geoff
    HOLY MOTHERFUCK!!!

No I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THE "EVIDENCE" ABOVE!!! None of it was tangible proof. I did not see a photo of someone with God or of God Himself.

Do you know why science changes so much? Because as formulas and techniques evolve, some things that were thought one thing have been shown to be something totally different. Basically scientists are not afraid to find out where they may have been wrong about studies done in the past and learn to correct things. Seems they have it right. Whereas religious people refuse to accept that their FAITH could be the slightest bit wrong. There you go. Simple enough.

You never said you were a scientist and my questing you on that was stupid? Here you go, chumpelstiltskin...READ!!! In there is a line that reads,

"i can provide you with what I and countless other religious scientists have come to the conclusion,"

What "I and countless other religious scientists" sounds to me like you're lumping yourself in with scientists.

How am I a hypocrite? Do you know the meaning of the word or is this more useless babbling to "prove your point?" You don't see me going to church on Sunday and then turning around and talking shit about religion. I'm straight upfront about my beliefs and questions. I don't like a religious person in one sense and then act opposite in another spot.

You, sir, have not failed to prove, every time you've posted, that you're full of shit and that you have no idea what you're posting. Are you just doing this to up your post count? You do know that you have enough posts to post in the Whore's Lounge or For Sale section, don't you? Later, QD.

QD- Bro honestly, make your mind up. Your like one of those cowards that is too afraid to take a stand on what you believe. Jump off that agnostic fence and pick a side. Wait, let me guess, you are one of those that there is not enough evidence to support the existence of God nor to disprove Him, so instead you decide to be undecided. One thing I can say for some on this site, streethazard, babyj, ect... is that they may have a different point of view or belief but at least they are decided and stick to it. You sit there and denounce any and all slight evidence for the case of the existence of God, yet claim you believe in a God?

straight from the dictionary: hypocrite-a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

I have no idea what I am posting? Ok, thank you for your opinion. I will no longer be arguing with you, because for one, you obviously have an issue with your own " faith " or lack thereof and are undecided yourself what you believe, and second, because you my friend have not once added anything to any of these topics that even resembles a well thought out statement or information. You simply go around with your little smiley police face and your Later, QD and just try and pick through posts and catch me in my words. You must think your pretty big around here huh? Any way, like I said, from this point on I will just be ignoring your nonsense posts and instead leave the real debate to those that care to search and stand by something.

LATER, GEOFF

IA Domestic Alliance

Your like one of those cowards that is too afraid to take a stand on what you believe. Jump off that agnostic fence and pick a side.
    Come on, man. What will it take for you to actually understand what is typed in front of you? My posts are straight and to the point. It isn't my fault that you're too stupid to get it. I've told you time and again where I stand and I've told you in plain English to where, if you had a half a brain, you'd understand.

straight from the dictionary: hypocrite-a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    Well at least you do one thing right: COPY/PASTE.

So you just proved that I am NOT a hypocrite. I have moral beliefs. I have values. I stated that earlier. I don't steal, don't hit females, show proper respect to people, never done drugs, never committed any crime aside from speeding violations, never committed adultery. I've never acted like I posses these. I actually DO posses these qualities.

I have no idea what I am posting? Ok, thank you for your opinion. I will no longer be arguing with you,
    That's because you have no argument.

from this point on I will just be ignoring your nonsense posts and instead leave the real debate to those that care to search and stand by something.
    You're a fucking dummy, man. Can't take it that you didn't "convert" me, huh? Your pastor going to be mad at you because you have failed? You rise up to take a level over me like you're a religious know-it-all. Who the fuck are you to tell me that I post nonsense? Who the fuck are you to tell me I don't have a "real debate?" You're a goddamn nobody, trick.

Fuck you. I actually mean that. Later, QD.
    Last edited by quickdodge®; 03-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.

This is another pretty good video i found...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSpReeP4atY

IA Domestic Alliance

el oh fucking el!

I have had a couple of choice words for christians in my life, but I have never flat out cussed one out before. I feel inspired, I think it's the holy spirit.

I'll say it again, QD doesn't know what he is talking about. Geoff makes plenty of good points, backed up by the Bible. QD comes in and just smashes his post with no information to back up his points. The Bible proves itself true with the over 2000 prophecies that have already came to pass.

I would like to say, I have been on both sides and there is no denying the truth once you have searched and found it. The problem is you have to seek the knowledge. I bet 90% of the people in this forum haven't cracked the Bible open in years. It's hard to disprove something you don't know anything about. Sorry QD, you can't say anything negative against the Bible until you have read some of it. If you have read some of it then you didn't do a very good job...try again. Get off the internet and read something healthy for your brain. Car magazines don't count.

P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge® View Post
    So you just proved that I am NOT a hypocrite. I have moral beliefs. I have values. I stated that earlier. I don't steal, don't hit females, show proper respect to people, never done drugs, never committed any crime aside from speeding violations, never committed adultery. I've never acted like I posses these. I actually DO posses these qualities.
    Sorry to say, if you have ever had premarital sex or have jacked off you have committed adultery. Its all considered to be under the 6th commandment.
    Nothin yet...

i will shut down, geoff, ballerdave04, and that twat sport_122 or whatever...

soon...when, um.. i find enough time... which would probably be sometime next week - if i dont forget about this shit.
    i will have some humor in my retorts, along with actual facts, and video clips... web links, ect...

ahh, who am i kidding???
    im sure my retorts will only consist of insults, and funny pics of "jesus" getting nailed to a cross or sum shiet

EDIT: its 5am and im posting here
    fuck me... and fuck the 10 bud lights in my system
    Last edited by bodhi; 03-14-2010 at 04:05 AM.
    top 5

"get with the Gs, or get on yo knees"

Quote Originally Posted by BallerDave04 View Post
    I'll say it again, QD doesn't know what he is talking about. Geoff makes plenty of good points, backed up by the Bible. QD comes in and just smashes his post with no information to back up his points. The Bible proves itself true with the over 2000 prophecies that have already came to pass.

I would like to say, I have been on both sides and there is no denying the truth once you have searched and found it. The problem is you have to seek the knowledge. I bet 90% of the people in this forum haven't cracked the Bible open in years. It's hard to disprove something you don't know anything about. Sorry QD, you can't say anything negative against the Bible until you have read some of it. If you have read some of it then you didn't do a very good job...try again. Get off the internet and read something healthy for your brain. Car magazines don't count.

P.S.

Sorry to say, if you have ever had premarital sex or have jacked off you have committed adultery. Its all considered to be under the 6th commandment.
    I'm sorry, I forget, but when did we meet? Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN View Post
    Proof there is no God.

The HORROR

Quote Originally Posted by BallerDave04 View Post

P.S.

1) geoff doesn't really have any valid points here except that he has faith in his religion...which he is entitled to that opinion

2) No denying the truth? lol Same could be said for you religious ppls...

3) You don't have to seek "the knowledge", as there is no knowledge out there that proves the existence of christianity's god. Or christianity's accuracy for that matter. If there was I'm pretty sure we would ALL know about it as it would be on every headline on every news channel, "this just in god showed himself and told us christianity is the way to go." The bible might predict of times when there will be war and such bs, guess what, that is common sense. We've been fighting each other since we've been on this planet, it is honestly just a human quality to fight and quarrel with each other to some extent. It's not hard to predict things like that. The bible didn't implicitly state that on Sep 11th 2001 the WTT would get hit...it didn't implicitly state that hiroshima would get bombed decades ago....ppl like to draw off vague predictions and think they are prophecy.

4) that is one reason why religious ppls are so damn stupid, is because of your last comment. Since the bible leaves everything so damn vague we have to interprete what we think it means. Which is why so many ppl have differing perspectives about the bible, and the rules to which they must adhere to. So basically you have 10 ppl reading the same book taking 10 different perspectives from it...

5) Think about it this way, if your god wanted you to live a certain way wouldn't he word the bible in such a way that is clear, and accurate, and could only be interpreted one way? If he was trying to predict future events in the bible, wouldn't he have used more accurate descriptions. No, of course not. It makes more sense that he would get moses to write a book in a vague manner so everyone in the world could interprete his words in their own way so christians could fight with other christians and countless denominations would come into fruition as a result of this. Makes perfect sense.

^ Your post just now shows that you are unlearned in the facts and don't care to crack the Word open. No accuracy for Christianity? Hmmm.....I am pretty sure I just posted up a video with an hour and something worth of archaeological evidence of the bible's accuracy. And the prophecies are not vague, you just don't care to see what they say, by the way the twin towers are in the bible. And God did give a clear and accurate way He wants His people to live, the reason there are so many perspectives is because people take certain scriptures and stories and twist them and alter the meaning. All it takes brother is a search, don't tell me you have taken the time to do this because your responses show you have no idea what you are talking about. Just for once I want to see someone come on here and prove they have searched and questioned and have taken in all the options and evidences and come to a rational personal conclusion. You don't see me claiming to be an astrologer or to know something about the chinese culture cuz I have not studied it. Plain and simple kids, the information is out there, just open your eyes and look.

IA Domestic Alliance

You don't see me claiming to be an astrologer or to know something about the chinese culture cuz I have not studied it.
    Yeah, you just claim to be a goddamn religious scientist. Later, QD.

And the prophecies are not vague, you just don't care to see what they say, by the way the twin towers are in the bible.
    So Jeff, where does it say that Islamic extremists would fly 2 planes into the WTC Towers? If that was the case, wouldn't the city of NY and the FAA put a preventative measure around that time the bible stated it would happen or did god want innocent people to die so he could gain more followers?

Maybe the "Islamic extremists" were really Christian and loved Jesus and this was their way of getting more followers of the Christian faith by masquerading as Islamic extremists.
    1999 Corolla CE & 1988 Pontiac Fiero

Take a look for yourself, any information I provide will be dismissed right away because you all don't really care to know.

IA Domestic Alliance

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by Mchnhead2k5 View Post
    So Jeff, where does it say that Islamic extremists would fly 2 planes into the WTC Towers? If that was the case, wouldn't the city of NY and the FAA put a preventative measure around that time the bible stated it would happen or did god want innocent people to die so he could gain more followers?

Maybe the "Islamic extremists" were really Christian and loved Jesus and this was their way of getting more followers of the Christian faith by masquerading as Islamic extremists.

....really....I mean....really?...

"Their [the new atheists] treatment of the religious viewpoint is pathetic to the point of non-being. Richard Dawkins in The God Delusion would fail any introductory philosophy or religion course. Proudly he criticizes that whereof he knows nothing... I am indignant at the poor quality of the argumentation in Dawkins, Dennett, Hitchens, and all of the others in that group."

~Michael Ruse, atheist & author and philosopher of biology at Florida State University
    full article

^ Your post just now shows that you are unlearned in the facts and don't care to crack the Word open. No accuracy for Christianity? Hmmm.....I am pretty sure I just posted up a video with an hour and something worth of archaeological evidence of the bible's accuracy. And the prophecies are not vague, you just don't care to see what they say, by the way the twin towers are in the bible. And God did give a clear and accurate way He wants His people to live, the reason there are so many perspectives is because people take certain scriptures and stories and twist them and alter the meaning. All it takes brother is a search, don't tell me you have taken the time to do this because your responses show you have no idea what you are talking about. Just for once I want to see someone come on here and prove they have searched and questioned and have taken in all the options and evidences and come to a rational personal conclusion. You don't see me claiming to be an astrologer or to know something about the chinese culture cuz I have not studied it. Plain and simple kids, the information is out there, just open your eyes and look.

i opened my eyes.... i'm w/ this guy i got my golden ticket and i'm going to be one of the 144,000 going woo hoo

Paul "your bullshit makes the flowers grow"

you are so fucking brainwashed and full of shit it's not even funny.
    Be glad I don't have the time to waste on you (I have important things to do, like have premarital sex and covet my neighbor's goods)

Take a look for yourself, any information I provide will be dismissed right away because you all don't really care to know.
    bring it on.
    Correct Fitment Crew CEO
    Because Only Turds Should be Dumped and Flushed.
    2012 Hyundai Veloster / 1960 Fiat 600D

This is my 1,000th post.
    Correct Fitment Crew CEO

xanrules sounds like someone i could have a beer with...

though im sure he would love for me to get whiteboy wasted so he could have his way with me afterwards :/
    top 5

"get with the Gs, or get on yo knees"

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
    though im sure he would love for me to get whiteboy wasted so he could have his way with me afterwards :/
    I'd just be doing what any good Christian would. :idb:
    Correct Fitment Crew CEO

Quote Originally Posted by sport_122 View Post
    ....really....I mean....really?...

Geoff said that the Twin Towers were in the bible, I asked where, then came up with an opinion on why, whether or not it's what I believe could be something totally different.
    1999 Corolla CE & 1988 Pontiac Fiero

I predict that in 1000 years there will be earthquakes, wars, and famine. Religious people will still be hated by some and people will still lie, Think anyone will worship me when my amazing predictions come true?

whats crazy is there are some prophecies in the bible that are more direct like in isaiah where God says he will use cyrus to deliver them from babylon and calls him specifically by name. This scripture was written like 500yrs before the actual event. Or the old testament prophecies in psalms that predict exactly how Jesus is going to die, where he is going to come from how the temple will be split..
    historcially there is no denying that Jesus existed but what is really wild is what happens. lets say we throw away the gospels and say they are just fiction recorded by these fanatical guys trying to manipulate people and advance their cult. 1st off what happens to cults that we know of? usually when the leader dies the people scatter. But Christianity just the opposite happened. it continued to grow. And it grew in spite of the fact that at the time you were killed for being a Christian. This goes against all logic. In my opinion these people saw something that defied logic. Something that kept them believing in Jesus even though he was killed. The bible says he appeared to 100s of people after he was ressurected.
    you could say the apostles fabricated their stories but why would they. they all ended up dying horrible deaths b/c of their beliefs. why would they die for something that was just a fabrication?
    there is no denying Jesus existence. History supports it. The big question is he what the bible says about him? i think history supports that as well. just the fact that we are even still talkin about him says something. i cant think of any dead cult leader that died 2000 yrs ago that still has a strong following.
    Juice? What's that? I want some of that purple stuff

The reason Christianity still thrives and grows today is because of this, Christ rose again. That is the most powerful message contained in the entire Bible. Christ died for us, was burried, but unlike EVERY other god, prophet, hero, character in every other religion, belief, practice, theory, HE DID NOT STAY DEAD! Christ died for me, for Qd, for babyj, for streethazard, for ALL. His death cleared your name in heaven, but He rose again that you might have life, and have it more abundantly. Jesus Christ is my God, and I love Him. To me He is as real as the air that I breath. To those who mock it, I don't care, Christ died for me when I was not worthy, and He rose again so that I might live and know Him. Life is available to all who wish to accept Him.

IA Domestic Alliance

^^^ my point exactly. he didnt just stay in a grave He was resurected and the gospel accounts are true.

The reason Christianity still thrives and grows today is because of this, Christ rose again. That is the most powerful message contained in the entire Bible. Christ died for us, was burried, but unlike EVERY other god, prophet, hero, character in every other religion, belief, practice, theory, HE DID NOT STAY DEAD! Christ died for me, for Qd, for babyj, for streethazard, for ALL. His death cleared your name in heaven, but He rose again that you might have life, and have it more abundantly. Jesus Christ is my God, and I love Him. To me He is as real as the air that I breath. To those who mock it, I don't care, Christ died for me when I was not worthy, and He rose again so that I might live and know Him. Life is available to all who wish to accept Him.
    Wrong, christianity is still around for the same reason that slavery existed in this country for so long, just on a much larger scale. Most people are scared to truly open their mind to new possibilities and ideologies, including racism and religion. That's why people have a tendancy to not change their ideologies once they've been conditioned to believe a certain thing, until society as a whole determines it's invalidity. Also, most people who are Christian are only so because they've been raised that way by their guardians in the household, and most people simply just go along with the notion that christianity is where their belief lies when they really never thought about any alternatives. How can you say hot dogs are better than burgers if you've never tried a burger?

Religions stop one from thinking outside of the box. It's inherent and fundamental logic is to "believe in this and every other belief is wrong." With that type of logic we can understand how religious peoples are so unwilling to even think outside of the box or try to learn about other possiblities..

Anyway, most people who are christian in this country may go to church, but they do not behave according to the guidelines set forth in the bible, or live religiously and for god, so that in my opinion does not make them christian. I can claim I am a good person all I want, but if I act contrary to that than I am not a good person regardless of what I say or preach.

That is exactly the problem, too many Christians and people trying to put God in a box, inside or outside, box and Jesus can not be in the same sentence because my Lord can not be bound, not even mentally or ideologically. Sorry, but I was not " raised " into this. I posted my story on here, read it some time.

IA Domestic Alliance

That is exactly the problem, too many Christians and people trying to put God in a box, inside or outside, box and Jesus can not be in the same sentence because my Lord can not be bound, not even mentally or ideologically. Sorry, but I was not " raised " into this. I posted my story on here, read it some time.
    A metaphor is an analogy between two objects or ideas, conveyed by the use of a word instead of another.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r View Post
    Wrong, christianity is still around for the same reason that slavery existed in this country for so long, just on a much larger scale. Most people are scared to truly open their mind to new possibilities and ideologies, including racism and religion. That's why people have a tendancy to not change their ideologies once they've been conditioned to believe a certain thing, until society as a whole determines it's invalidity. Also, most people who are Christian are only so because they've been raised that way by their guardians in the household, and most people simply just go along with the notion that christianity is where their belief lies when they really never thought about any alternatives. How can you say hot dogs are better than burgers if you've never tried a burger?

Religions stop one from thinking outside of the box. It's inherent and fundamental logic is to "believe in this and every other belief is wrong." With that type of logic we can understand how religious peoples are so unwilling to even think outside of the box or try to learn about other possiblities..

Anyway, most people who are christian in this country may go to church, but they do not behave according to the guidelines set forth in the bible, or live religiously and for god, so that in my opinion does not make them christian. I can claim I am a good person all I want, but if I act contrary to that than I am not a good person regardless of what I say or preach.
    study history. Christianity has survived in spite of Christians being persecuted for thousands of years. The 1st Christians who walked w/ Jesus were threatened w/ death. if it was all some big hoax i think i would have admitted it and kept my life. whats there to be afraid of? The guy that said he was God just died so obviously God's not real right? Like i said they saw something b/c it wasnt like it is now where you can go open a mega church and be rich-- name one apostle that didnt die a horrible death for what he believed.. Would you die for something that you just made up to manipulate people?
    slavery existed in this country b/c of fear? hahahaha. People werent afraid they were greedy...thats all slavery was about..Money...
    My relationship w/ God doesnt stop me from thinking outside of the box. i challenge God w/ questions i have. thats why i have answers to the stuff your saying b/c some of the stuff i have asked God before.. God lead me to him in my pursuit to find the truth. i thought if God is real than he can answer my questions. why do all these different religions exist? which one is right? Just cause my parents are Christians doenst mean its right, maybe i was brought up w/ the wrong ideas. so i researched everything i could get my hands on and not just the bible but outside rescources i wanted to hear all sides of the arguments...My conclusion is that all religions except one teach pretty much the same thing but in different colorful ways. BE REALLY GOOD AND YOU WILL BE REWARDED WHEN YOU DIE, Hopefully..like there is a scale of good and bad and your good deads need to out wiegh the bad and you won't really know until you die. that sounded like crap. why would a God put you here and not tell you how to succeed. why would he say "just be really good and hope you make it"... The bible said something completely different(contrary to popular belief) the bible works like cobb county.... you kill someone and they catch you in cobb county you cant tell the judge: "hey i helped like 4 old ladies cross the road yesterday and i paid my taxes can i get off?"
    the bible is the same way. you cant get off for doing the things you were supposed to be doing anyway. Jesus takes your debt on b/c God loved us even before we loved him. we all have sinned and are condemned, so if we believe in him and his death and resurection we will be raised too.
    anyway what your are saying is almost like if you believe in Jesus than you must be stupid and gullible but i assure you i am not some dumb idiot that just took what was given to me. i looked at all aspects objectively and came to my conclusion. I challenge you to do the same. pray about it. if God doesnt exist then whats the worst that could happen you just waste like a minute of your time praying and your research will just help solidify what you already beleive. something like this is definately worth doing the research..
    Last edited by ghostrida3; 03-17-2010 at 04:54 PM.

God I wanna get fucked up tonight, and I don't mean a little "buzzed". I want to come home and immediately start getting fucked up before my girlfriend comes home, so she cannot bitch me out for it because I will already be drunk, naked, and completely incoherent in the middle of the living room floor.

There will be no "how could you drink so much? You have only been home for a fucking hour!"

or "you need to stop this or you will become an alchoholic"

or "Why are you naked?"

no no....I will be far beyond her petty arguments while floating in a sea of liquor and silencing the noisy voices in my head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast